Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dustin's Mock Draft 7.0 (Finale)

Round 1 - Owamagbe Odighizuwa, EDGE, UCLA

"Diggy" is likely a top-15 pick without his hip injury concerns. He's an athletic freak (4.62 at 270 lbs) who converts speed-to-power better than anybody in this draft class. He has the versatility to play DE and 3-tech in nickel and rush-LB or 3-tech in the base defense. The Colts best pass rushers are well over 30 and one of them is coming off of a devastating injury that could rob him of his explosiveness. Diggy is a potential blue-chip player with a ton of scheme versatility.

Round 2 - Ibraheim Campbell, S, Northwestern

Campbell is a very good ITB safety who has potential to develop as a viable coverage player in a year or two. He's an enforcer near the LOS who will help cover up the deficiency of the ILBers. 

Round 3 - Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, CB/S, Oregon 

A scout recently called Ifo the best press-corner in the draft. I don't know if I would go that far, but he's up there. Not only does he provide depth for a shallow CB corps, but he can also be an option to replace Mike Adams in a year or two and play in 3 safety sets. 

Round 4 - Javarious "Buck" Allen, RB, USC

Buck is a very good receiving back. He's also a silky smooth runner in the mold of Arian Foster. I've comped him to Roy Helu and I think he's a good value here. 

Round 5 - Steffon Diggs, WR, Maryland

Diggs is a great return man capable of making electric plays with the ball in his hands. He's a more athletic Dexter McCluster. He'll be limited to a gadget player on offense more than likely (though I think he can be much more than that), but you're really just taking him to be a returner anyway.

Round 6 - Terry Williams, NT, ECU 

Potential starter at NT. Williams is being undervalued and I wouldn't be shocked to see him go a round or two higher. But then again I wouldn't be surprised to see him go undrafted all together. Williams is stout at the point of attack and does a good job re-routing runners. 

Round 6 - Marcus Rush, EDGE, MSU

Round 7- Tyler Moore, OT/G, Flordia

Round 7 - Jean Sifrin, TE, UMass

"Diggy" is likely a top-15 pick without his hip injury concerns. He's an athletic freak (4.62 at 270 lbs) who converts speed-to-power better than anybody in this draft class. He has the versatility to play DE and 3-tech in nickel and rush-LB or 3-tech in the base defense. The Colts best pass rushers are well over 30 and one of them is coming off of a devastating injury that could rob him of his explosiveness. Diggy is a potential blue-chip player with a ton of scheme versatility.

Campbell is a very good ITB safety who has potential to develop as a viable coverage player in a year or two. He's an enforcer near the LOS who will help cover up the deficiency of the ILBers. 

A scout recently called Ifo the best press-corner in the draft. I don't know if I would go that far, but he's up there. Not only does he provide depth for a shallow CB corps, but he can also be an option to replace Mike Adams in a year or two and play in 3 safety sets. 

Buck is a very good receiving back. He's also a silky smooth runner in the mold of Arian Foster. I've comped him to Roy Helu and I think he's a good value here. 

Diggs is a great return man capable of making electric plays with the ball in his hands. He's a more athletic Dexter McCluster. He'll be limited to a gadget player on offense more than likely (though I think he can be much more than that), but you're really just taking him to be a returner anyway.

Potential starter at NT. Williams is being undervalued and I wouldn't be shocked to see him go a round or two higher. But then again I wouldn't be surprised to see him go undrafted all together. Williams is stout at the point of attack and does a good job re-routing runners. 

I am not a fan of this mock draft.

Anything can happen though.

Oddly enough,  I like the mock from R's3 3-7a.

I think Campbell is over-drafted at R2 by a round or two.  

And while I've seen some mocks with O.o. in the first round,  I'm not a fan of him for the Colts as a R1 pick.

Stanford has beaten UCLA 7 straight times over the last 6 years.    And O.o. wasn't a factor in any of those games.    I'd prefer to address Colts' needs either on the DL or the OL in R1.

Don't get me wrong,  O.o. isn't a bad player.   I'm just not sure he's the right one for Indy this year.

I like Odighizuwa but I don't think he goes round 1..Clearly has potential but the numbers just are not there for me, He does flash a nice spin move and he certainly can convert speed to power but he is clearly raw as a pass rusher, If I look at his tape vs Virginia I see 1st round potential pick but if I look at his tape vs Utah I see a guy who struggled to disengage to often off of blocks, Did not flash any pass rush moves, He again showed the ability to convert speed to power though. Overall though I see a day 2 pick who shows flashes of 1st round potential

I think Campbell is an early day 3 prospect-He is a bit slow to read the play in front of him often, I think he is a solid tackler, He doesn't seem to be able to get off blocks well though nor do I him look to explode into the ball carrier consistently when tackling though I did see a little of that vs Michigan

I like the Olomu pick

Allen is alright. He has good...Not great speed, good hands, Does not look to have good vision though, He does have some shift to him, Not a powerful runner

I like the Diggs pick

I like the Williams pick

Im thinking:

1.Eddie Goldman-D Lineman

2.Byron Jones-CB Connecticut

3.Duke Johnson-RB Miami

4.Cody Prewitt-Safety Mississippi

5.Jeff Luc-ILB Cincinnati

6.Ryan Delaire-Rush Linebacker Towson

6.Terry Williams-NT ECU

Not really sure after that

I like Odighizuwa but I don't think he goes round 1..Clearly has potential but the numbers just are not there for me, He does flash a nice spin move and he certainly can convert speed to power but he is clearly raw as a pass rusher, If I look at his tape vs Virginia I see 1st round potential pick but if I look at his tape vs Utah I see a guy who struggled to disengage to often off of blocks, Did not flash any pass rush moves, He again showed the ability to convert speed to power though. Overall though I see a day 2 pick who shows flashes of 1st round potential

I think Campbell is an early day 3 prospect-He is a bit slow to read the play in front of him often, I think he is a solid tackler, He doesn't seem to be able to get off blocks well though nor do I him look to explode into the ball carrier consistently when tackling though I did see a little of that vs Michigan

I like the Olomu pick

Allen is alright. He has good...Not great speed, good hands, Does not look to have good vision though, He does have some shift to him, Not a powerful runner

I like the Diggs pick

I like the Williams pick

Im thinking:

1.Eddie Goldman-D Lineman

2.Byron Jones-CB Connecticut

3.Duke Johnson-RB Miami

4.Cody Prewitt-Safety Mississippi

5.Jeff Luc-ILB Cincinnati

6.Ryan Delaire-Rush Linebacker Towson

6.Terry Williams-NT ECU

Not really sure after that

I like the first four picks of the mock....   but as much as I like it,  it's hard for me to see Jones falling all the way to 61 and Duke Johnson falling all the way to 93....   if that were to happen,  I'd be beyond thrilled....

Wow I really like this draft plus every pick is definitely possible. This is probably my favorite draft so far. I would love it if we drafted Odighizuwa in the 1st round. He is my favorite pick in the 1st with Kevin Johnson being a close 2nd. I think Campbell would be great in the 2nd round and Ekpre-Olomu would be a steal in the 3rd.

You just when thru and picked all the guys that have names that are unpronouncable right? haha

I could handle this draft, absent the Campbell pick in the 2nd round. I keep reading that Alex Carter from Stanford is being looked at as a safety. The more I watch of him, the more he looks like Mike Adams to me. Carter's versatility would be a big plus as well. 

You seem to be a big fan of Terry Williams. I can handle drafting him much better in the 6th round than the 4th round (which I believe was your last mock). 

I would be very pleased with Owa in the first. He gets a year of seasoning before playing a bigger role in year 2.