Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Draft Day Landing Spot Predictions

I thought it might be kind of fun to guess what teams different prospects land on. I'll start off with some of mine.

Jameis Winston - Tampa Bay

Brandon Scherff - New York Jets

Ereck Flowers - Tampa Bay Buccaneers

D.J. Humphries - Carolina Panthers

Cedric Ogbuehi - Denver Broncos

Devin Smith - Baltimore Ravens

Brett Hundley - New York Jets

I thought it might be kind of fun to guess what teams different prospects land on. I'll start off with some of mine.

This a cool thread. I will contribute some thoughts later when I get home.

David Cobb to the Vikings.

Erik Kendricks to Green Bay.

Bryce Petty to the Rams.

At least 2 Oregon Ducks to the Eagles.

I think the Giants will draft Scherff. Why do you believe he will go to the Jets?

Track Guy, again, this is a very cool post. Here are my adds to the list:

2) Tennessee Titans

Philip Rivers - I see a trade happening here that will send the #17 pick to Tennessee and the #2 pick to San Diego. Rivers wants no part of a new contract in San Diego. LT even said that Rivers will not be in San Diego this year. 

2) San Diego Chargers

Marcus Mariota - The Chargers replace the Pro Bowl Rivers with a rookie QB, and start a new era.

4) Oakland Raiders

Amari Cooper - In the past, Al Davis would have went with the measurables and easily drafted Kevin White here. However, a new regime is running this ship, and they are desperate to change the culture of the Raiders locker room. I expect the Raiders to play it safe here and take the lesser of the personalities.

7) Chicago Bears

Danny Shelton - The Bears are switching to a 3-4 defense and need an anchor in the middle. The 339 pound Shelton will keep the ship from floating away.

10) St Louis Rams

Trae Waynes - Jeff Fisher is every bit the corner back whisperer that we have in Pagano, and he loves taking defensive players in the first round.

14) Miami Dolphins

Landon Collins - The Dolphins need secondary help, and they take the best safety on the board. 

15) Dallas Cowboys

Todd Gurley - The Cowboys trade up with San Francisco to secure the rights to Gurley. It is quite possible the 49ers are willing to move down due to needing multiple draft picks in order to replace the crazy string of events of the off-season. The Cowboys have shown the willingness to move up if they want a player.

17) Tennessee Titans

Ereck Flowers - Tennessee just bet the farm on Rivers and they need to protect him, plus be able to run to the strong side. 

23) Carolina Panthers

D.J Humphries - We could plug in the best available LT here, and Humphries looks like he will be the best available to me. 

32) New England Patriots

Marcus Peters - The Patriots draft Aqib Talib II, only this one has an attitude problem. The Patriots can afford to take this risk, and knowing their luck it will pay off too. 

David Cobb to the Vikings.

Erik Kendricks to Green Bay.

Bryce Petty to the Rams.

At least 2 Oregon Ducks to the Eagles.

I think the Giants will draft Scherff. Why do you believe he will go to the Jets?

I don't know if Scherff will go to the Jets really. I mostly just thought it was a prediction that I haven't heard anyone else call and I think makes at least some sense because they do need O-line help.

I like a lot of these landing spots but, here is one that might not be so on the nose...

How about the Cowboys trading with Cleveland for a much lower pick to acquire the stain that is Maziel.

They passed on him last year because they felt he wasn't worth a first... no that that is obvious... what can they get him for? Maybe we will find out!

The Titans would be fleecing the Chargers if they got both Rivers and the 17th pick for the 2nd pick

Exactly, and this is why it won't happen unless the Chargers receive at least another 2nd rounder, and I would ask for there first round pick next year. Rivers is a franchise QB. Mariotta may not be ready to start for a year. You do not make that trade straight up! No one seems to be talking about that aspect, which i think kills the deal, because Titans need to fill holes, not lose picks.

His play dropped off drastically the 2nd half of the season.

Wasn't he dealing with a back or shoulder injury the last 4 or 5 weeks?

Considering he did have a drop off in the second half of the season, he still had a good season. Also, Rivers was #11 in times being sacked. Tennessee hasn't seen QB play like this since they were the Oilers and Warren Moon was the QB.

%       Yards     TD's    INT's   Rating

66.5     4,286      31       18       93.8

The Titans would be fleecing the Chargers if they got both Rivers and the 17th pick for the 2nd pick

If the Titans had an additional year of control of Rivers past this season, maybe you could ask for more than what was proposed here but the deal ends after this season. The guy was drafted in 2004 so he has maybe 5-6 years left in the league and of those 5-6, how many are peak years? 1-2? Now you factor in a new team, new system and age. I honestly think at this stage, Rivers is worth more to San Diego than to any other team, especially to a Titans team that isn't playoff ready.

Being able to land the 2nd pick and a new era qb would be as equal of an opportunity for San Diego to move ahead for potential years as it would be for Titans to get a big known name ab to rent for 1-2 years of possibly SB play and then some noticeable decline. Both teams give up equal value to their team and I'd almost argue that San Diego gets more because they get to add 12-15 years of a new age QB for their team where as Titans get 1-2 of elite Qb years and maybe a few just good enough years. In about a week we all shall see what occurs.