Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I Saw A Few Things With Orlovsky That I Did Not See Much In Painter

chad72

Pocket presence, not folding like a lawn chair under pressure, not going 3 and outs as often to keep the D off the field and the O on the field - those were my biggest complaints with Painter. Orlovsky should be the 3rd QB and not Painter next year if they decide to carry 3 QBs, which they will if Manning is the top dog and they draft another one; especially knowing that the No.2 and No.3 can be elevated to No.1 and No.2 very quickly.

Man, I didn't have much faith in 'The Big O', but I was definitely wrong. He doesn't put up a lot of points, but he doesn't go three and out every single posession. I'm happy for the dude. I'm sure we'd have at least 5 wins by now if he'd been playing all year. I love his pocket awareness. How many times did Linkenbach get beat and Big O slipped through the sack?

Man, I didn't have much faith in 'The Big O', but I was definitely wrong. He doesn't put up a lot of points, but he doesn't go three and out every single posession. I'm happy for the dude. I'm sure we'd have at least 5 wins by now if he'd been playing all year. I love his pocket awareness. How many times did Linkenbach get beat and Big O slipped through the sack?

It was really Diem who was having the hardtime tonight with Watt. Link was doing what Link does in pass protection push the guy wide enough that Orvlosky can step up. It's not a shut down block but it still works.

Pocket presence, not folding like a lawn chair under pressure, not going 3 and outs as often to keep the D off the field and the O on the field - those were my biggest complaints with Painter. Orlovsky should be the 3rd QB and not Painter next year if they decide to carry 3 QBs, which they will if Manning is the top dog and they draft another one; especially knowing that the No.2 and No.3 can be elevated to No.1 and No.2 very quickly.

I watched a lot of Detroit games in 08 (for fantasy purposes) and he played pretty darn good. Their D was just SOOO bad. And this preseason it was easy to see DO was the better QB than Painter. This organizations stubbornness is sometimes really frustrating. This team would have 5-8 wins had DO been QB the whole way.

This organization is a circus right now. I hope Irsay gets off the keyboard and takes a good hard look at the state of HIS team currently.

And make according decisions.

It was really Diem who was having the hardtime tonight with Watt. Link was doing what Link does in pass protection push the guy wide enough that Orvlosky can step up. It's not a shut down block but it still works.

Ooops. Now that you mention it, it was Diem. Watt kept breaking through inside against him and O jumped out of the sack. I swear it happene at least three times. Plus I seem to remember Castonzo getting beat a few times and him slipping through those sacks.

Ooops. Now that you mention it, it was Diem. Watt kept breaking through inside against him and O jumped out of the sack. I swear it happene at least three times. Plus I seem to remember Castonzo getting beat a few times and him slipping through those sacks.

Yeah Castonzo struggled at times mostly in the first half, he played much better in the second half though till late when the Texans were just sending everyone and the Colts just couldn't pick up everyone. Let's remember though these weren't exactly chumps they were up against tonight. This was the second best defense in the NFL and in a lot of people's minds the best front seven in football. It wasn't a good night for the o-line but they did enough which is about all you can ask for against a unit that good.

He's a decent game manager, which is what most teams look for in backups. He's a decent backup and seems to understand the game at least as much as Painter, so I imagine he'd be fine with the clipboard. Sure, he's not the future, but trusted backups do the starters good on the sideline. #2 or #3, I think he's certainly deserving of at least a chance, if not a job next season.

\

Right ON!! I totally want Indy to WIN next week and force this team to keep Manning, if healthy, and draft D.

It's not a matter of forcing the team to keep Manning because they will keep him anyway so long as he is healthy because he is our best option to win in the short term. Who we draft as a future replacement is independent of Peyton's status with the team and his presence will not keep us from also addressing the position going forward. Irsay confirmed as much last night. The only thing that would keep Peyton from being a Colt next year if is he doesn't come back healthy. Don't get caught up in what the media has been trying to stir up. Irsay squashed some of that nonsense last night.

It's not a matter of forcing the team to keep Manning because they will keep him anyway so long as he is healthy because he is our best option to win in the short term. Who we draft as a future replacement is independent of Peyton's status with the team and his presence will not keep us from also addressing the position going forward. Irsay confirmed as much last night. The only thing that would keep Peyton from being a Colt next year if is he doesn't come back healthy. Don't get caught up in what the media has been trying to stir up. Irsay squashed some of that nonsense last night.

I think the odds are our 3 QBs next season will be....

1.) Peyton Manning (old but gold)

2.) Andrew Luck (cashing his checks and biding his time)

3.) Danny Orlovsky (He's got mouths to feed)

Best set of QBs in the NFL :nfl:

Yes i do believe he would be pretty succefsull in SF as a game manager and a great run offense. Alex Smith is simply a game manager in that offense

I dont understand why there are so few good winning QBs..

They're all Dan Marino in college and then the NFL games kicks smacks them down...

Sanchez and Flacco.......Bradford...Tebow...

these guys are not on an expessway to the Hall of Fame... Is this all there is????

I don't think Peyton will be too hip to playing for a team that is drafting his "REPLACEMENT" with the first overall pick... one that would land this team "4 #1draft Picks according to Mike and Mike" This team gets an instant upgrade if they trade the pick.

If Indy gets to pick first, I do not expect Manning to be with this Colts next season. Manning holds the cards. He decides "where he plays next season"

And if this team is not full bore to improve around Manning then I am convinced he will not be here, and Andrew Luck will be QB'n this team next season.

Do all of you really think Peyton at 36 will be willing to stick around for a full bore rebuild with his replacement ON THE ROSTER?

It won't happen.

I dont understand why there are so few good winning QBs..

They're all Dan Marino in college and then the NFL games kicks smacks them down...

Sanchez and Flacco.......Bradford...Tebow...

these guys are not on an expessway to the Hall of Fame... Is this all there is????

It's really pretty simple.

Most of the guys they're playing against, even teams that play in tough conferences like the SEC, are not NFL caliber players.

They get to the NFL, and they're all NFL caliber players. It's a tough adjustment. Some guys never make it.

It's really pretty simple.

Most of the guys they're playing against, even teams that play in tough conferences like the SEC, are not NFL caliber players.

They get to the NFL, and they're all NFL caliber players. It's a tough adjustment. Some guys never make it.

I know you must be right...

that's why I think we need to consider signing Orlovsky just to stand on the sidelines and stay ready...

He's not going to take anybody to the playoffs and he'll never demand to start (not afte what he's been through)

but he can play a game or two or a half or two....

He takes a licking and he keeps on ticking...