Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So We Get No 1 Pick If We Lose Tonight?

18Manning

I meant to say the Vikings could win 1 of their remaining games. Rams are at Steelers then have 49ers. It's going to be tough to win 1 of those games.

Yep, looks like the Rams have the best shot at the No.1 pick since the Vikes can beat the Bears at home. Rams, I doubt if they win any. Steelers, even without Big Ben, showed how their D can carry their team last year at the beginning by going 4-1 or 3-1 (with their sole loss in that Big Ben suspension stretch to a last minute TD to Houshmanzadeh by Flacco at Baltimore), if I remember right. Then, the 49ers will be vying with the Saints till game 16 for that No.2 seed since they will get it if they win out because one of their losses is to an AFC team while all the 3 Saints losses are to NFC teams.

I'll be cheering as loudly for Rams and Vikings as I do for Colts in these last two games.

pull louder for the 49ers to lock up their playoff sedding this week and have Harbaugh sit his starters so the Rams can win that last game. Still I like that attitude I'd like to have my cake and eat it two, have the Colts win out and have the Rams and Vikings win and give us the pick that way :)

pull louder for the 49ers to lock up their playoff sedding this week and have Harbaugh sit his starters so the Rams can win that last game. Still I like that attitude I'd like to have my cake and eat it two, have the Colts win out and have the Rams and Vikings win and give us the pick that way :)

An ideal scenario isn't it? Number one pick and nobody has to deal with the conflict of hoping we lose. Cheering Rams, Vikings and 49ers this weekend sounds fun - I like 49ers anyway. Let's hope for a guilt free trip to the number one pick.

i just dont wanna end up looking like the 1977 eagles who missed out in drafting earl campbell

exactly....there is NOTHING to be gained by winning last night or next week. 3-13 doesnt help the team build for the future.....getting the #1 pick does.

Thank you Santa for giving my Colts some of their dignity back.

I never thought I'd see the day where Colts fans were upset to see the Colts win. Straight up silly fans.

Do you think any Colts players woke up this morning and said to themselves....wow I feel so much better after winning that game last night. Now we have some of our dignity back. I would say no....2 wins in a season still feels terrible.

exactly....there is NOTHING to be gained by winning last night or next week. 3-13 doesnt help the team build for the future.....getting the #1 pick does.

Add my voice to that concern. Last night's great win will be forgotten in a week. I really fear sometime in the future looking back while we watch our team stuck in mediocrity and seeing another team basking in greatness (how SD felt whilst Peyton was leading us to yearly double-digit wins). Whether it's Luck, someone else, or trade bait, it's better for our future success to get the best pick possible than to win a totally meaningless road game.

It sets up an interesting scenario though. In the final game it could be two teams with more to gain by losing than winning. Obviously we can get the top pick with a loss, but a JAX loss would get them a better pick and could prevent us from getting a franchise QB - plus the game isn't likely to make or break their coach's job.

Look this is how it goes. If we lose at Jax. then we get the first pick. If the Rams or the Vikings win one of their last two games then we get the first pick no matter what. Thats it. In case you cant figure this part out I will spell it out even more. We can win in Jax. and still get the first pick as long as the Rams and Vikings win one of there last two games also.

got it.

Do you think any Colts players woke up this morning and said to themselves....wow I feel so much better after winning that game last night. Now we have some of our dignity back. I would say no....2 wins in a season still feels terrible.

Why the heck does that matter? I am an NFL fan that has been without the thrill of victory in 2011.

I have to ask you and the other "fans" that are going through so much trouble to urinate on us fans that are happy for a win..........What the @#$@* is your problem?

I'm not going to discuss what makes a good fan......nevermind that. I want to know why other fans want myself and others to keep perspective and still be upset about a football team? I don't think it comes down to cruddy fans, I think it's cruddy people that are doing this that just happen to be fans themselves.

....and YES, I do think it makes plenty of the Colts players feel good that they performed well. Thought this is a team game, it is also a business and many of these players won't be here next year or the years to come. So yes, they are probably happy that they have some more good film of themselves to promote their talents to other teams.

I feel sorry for you guys, the bummer crowd, that cannot enjoy a win because you've allowed yourselves to become consumed with the idea that the only solace to be gathered this year would be from the #1 draft pick.

As Dwight Freeney said last night "we don't care about a draft pick we want to win now". So yes I do think they feel better about winning last night. As Pat McAfee also said on Twitter "Life is better when you win."

Man it's hard being a Colts fan. When we are good we blow it at the end of the season and when we are bad we blow it at the end of the season. We darn well better lose next week.

I hope you guys aren't pushing for the team to tank the Jags game for the draft pick. You've never been on a winning team if you think that way. Losing on purpose can ruin a team. Losing can become a habit. If you do it on purpose, it will always be in the back of your mind and will manifest itself by keeping you from making those crucial plays in the future that make the difference between winning and losing big games.