Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL announces preseason schedule. Colts Schedule is...........

TKnight24

Game 3 is important cause it's the closest thing to the real thing that you'll see of your team until September

But I agree injuries not happening is important, but game 3 is 2nd behind health in terms of importance

I'd argue none of the games matter with regards to having any predictive value for the regular season

2014 vs NO Lost 23-17 We had a an 11-5 record they finished 7-9

2013 vs Browns Won 27-6 We had an 11-5 record they finished 4-12

2012 vs Redskins Lost 17-30 We finished 11-5 they finished 10-6

2011 (shudder) vs GB we lost only by 24-21 they went 15-1! 

2010 vs GB lost 24-59 we go 10-6 and they went 10-6

Coaches aren't going to be putting out the play book even in game 3, it's still going to be pretty vanilla, getting guys reps and trying to avoid injury. 

The biggest fun of the preseason is seeing which JAG is going to get crowned the next HOF and watching the outcry as they get traded/cut... ahh Caesar Rayford where are you now?

We have to get a good 3rd string QB to win in preseason. I still don't like how our 1st string and 2nd string stomped the Giants but the Giants came back from 26 down with Harnish in.

wouldn't that indicate a need for more depth on defense? Unless of course Harnish threw four pick sixes?

wouldn't that indicate a need for more depth on defense? Unless of course Harnish threw four pick sixes?

I really doubt that too many of the guys who played in the fourth quarter of that game are in the NFL. 

It was funny, I remember going to a Giants board after the game and they were happy they won.  I guess the guys they cut were better than the ones we cut.

Harnish kept getting three and outs and had 2 turnovers that put them in scoring position (one was a fumble TD)

I guess my point is that you picked a bad example to blame Harnish. While his play was horrid, our 3rd/4th string defense couldn't stop their 3rd/4th string offense and gave up a 26 point lead. If we would've had a bit more talent depth wise and held them to field goals instead, we would've walked away with a win.

boy-meets-world-sleep.jpg

Also, why do we constantly play Cinci in preseason?  

Yeah, I never give a darn about the Preseason either.  haha  SW1 will watch it because its football, but until the HOF game, I don't really focus on it that closely until September. 

Regarding why we play the Bengals so much, it's a good question. Maybe it's just a short travel commute from Cincinnati to INDY & the league & coaches like that. Who knows...

Getting pumped about the Preseason is like watching the red carpet festivities before the Oscars just get to the main event & hit me with the big contender award winners already.