Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL announces preseason schedule. Colts Schedule is...........

TKnight24

We have to get a good 3rd string QB to win in preseason. I still don't like how our 1st string and 2nd string stomped the Giants but the Giants came back from 26 down with Harnish in.

Well, Harnish is gone now so that improves that. I say just run Luck and Hasselbeck and let Hasselbeck be the 2 & 3 QB

Meh, I just hate seeing Cincinnati every year in the preseason

It's not Cincy, it's the 4th game. They should give tickets to that one away for free. Totally unwatcheable.

Our future gym teachers can beat your future grocery baggers!

Meh, I just hate seeing Cincinnati every year in the preseason

Yes it is sickening to hear 'who day' at home in the pre season. We always lose to the Bengals in pre season but win when it counts. I guess being the two teams are only a bit over 100 miles from each other it makes sense for them to play in pre season.

Preseason is a good opportunity to work on some things offensively and defensively but mainly it provides an opportunity for the guys at the back-end of the roster to try to make the squad. The W-L record in preseason doesn't mean much to me.

I think we will be fine on offense, and hopefully improve on defense next year.

The record doesn't matter.

But, lets hope nobody gets hurt. As usual.

When the starters play the most in preseason game 3.......St. Louis will be a big test defensively for our offense even though it won't be a real game so to speak.

Well, Harnish is gone now so that improves that. I say just run Luck and Hasselbeck and let Hasselbeck be the 2 & 3 QB

That could work but I think they'd be worried about losing him to injury and not having a option behind Luck. I don't think he'd play that much anyway though.

The rams destroyed us by 30 plus points the last time we faced them.

Not how I remember it preseason wise. Luck's debut was the last time we played them in the preseason, and we all remember what the first play was

:scoregood:

Now, regular season wise...... yeah we got washed

:scorebad:

What's the deal with us playing Cincy every preseason? I feel like we've played them 5 or 6 years in a row in the preseason

Yep, how many times does Luck have to play Dalton to show he's the better QB than Dalton even when they aren't playing in that game? :lol:

What's the deal with us playing Cincy every preseason?  I feel like we've played them 5 or 6 years in a row in the preseason

more than that. we play them in the fourth game every preseason

probably because fans of both teams can travel easier, helping to justify charging face value for a game that should be free

Do you really want Hasselbeck behind a semi-pro line facing guys who will do anything to make a team, including tearing a QBs head off?  I'm pretty sure Matt doesn't want to be out there in the 4th Q of any preseason game.

We may even draft a QB in the late rounds to put on the PS and learn how to hold a clipboard for when MH retires.  If not, we'll sign a UDFA for sure.

more than that. we play them in the fourth game every preseason

probably because fans of both teams can travel easier, helping to justify charging face value for a game that should be free

There's no justification for charging for that game.  I fell for the season ticket holders who have no choice but to pay for it.

Last year I was traveling during the game and listened to it on Sirius.  Even the announcers didn't want to be there.

Do you really want Hasselbeck behind a semi-pro line facing guys who will do anything to make a team, including tearing a QBs head off? I'm pretty sure Matt doesn't want to be out there in the 4th Q of any preseason game.

We may even draft a QB in the late rounds to put on the PS and learn how to hold a clipboard for when MH retires. If not, we'll sign a UDFA for sure.

I wouldn't mind it.... knock on wood preseason will be the only time we use Matt. Let the man play

boy-meets-world-sleep.jpg

Also, why do we constantly play Cinci in preseason?

It's really just our uniforms against theirs. If you're playing in the second half of that game, they've already cleaned out your locker.

Point being, it really doesn't matter who we play in the fourth game since we don't really play the fourth game.

Not sure Hasselbeck wants to be 2nd and 3rd.  He has to dodge a lot of bullets already with rookie linemen protecting him in the preseason games.  At his age, any missed block by a preseason rookie trying to make the team, could be the end of his career.  I know he makes good money to be on the team and all, but I'd have to guess getting extra snaps in the preseason would low on his priority list. 

Not sure Hasselbeck wants to be 2nd and 3rd.  He has to dodge a lot of bullets already with rookie linemen protecting him in the preseason games.  At his age, any missed block by a preseason rookie trying to make the team, could be the end of his career.  I know he makes good money to be on the team and all, but I'd have to guess getting extra snaps in the preseason would low on his priority list. 

I'm sure the Colts will bring in another QB to be that 3rd string/pre-season body.

That could work but I think they'd be worried about losing him to injury and not having a option behind Luck. I don't think he'd play that much anyway though.

I don't like doubling the workload of a QB who is pushing 40 in the preseason.

He gets hurt then we have nothing behind Luck.

I say pick up a UFA. No need to spend a pick on one.

We were 0-4 last year and often during the Manning years.  It means nothing.  All I care about is that we have no injuries.  Nothing is more important than that in Pre-Season in my opinion.  They play teams nearby to keep travel time to a minimum.  I bet the teams drive to  Cincy/Indy as it would be quicker than dealing with an airport, even with a private plane.  And since it is the most meaningless game of the season, they want to do as little as possible, get home and back to work.  

I don't like doubling the workload of a QB who is pushing 40 in the preseason.

He gets hurt then we have nothing behind Luck.

I say pick up a UFA. No need to spend a pick on one.

I just don't want to spend too much on a UFA. It seems like they all are getting paid 3 million or more. If we could get a decent guy for vet min or a little higher I'd be all for it.

What's the deal with us playing Cincy every preseason?  I feel like we've played them 5 or 6 years in a row in the preseason

Is it that hard to figure? First it has been more like the last 15 years but to your question - is it that hard to figure? Indy and Cincy are less than a 2 hour bus ride from each other - it is all about proximity. Get the meaningless game in and then get home to work on the final roster.

We were 0-4 last year and often during the Manning years. It means nothing. All I care about is that we have no injuries. Nothing is more important than that in Pre-Season in my opinion. They play teams nearby to keep travel time to a minimum. I bet the teams drive to Cincy/Indy as it would be quicker than dealing with an airport, even with a private plane. And since it is the most meaningless game of the season, they want to do as little as possible, get home and back to work.

Game 3 is important cause it's the closest thing to the real thing that you'll see of your team until September

But I agree injuries not happening is important, but game 3 is 2nd behind health in terms of importance