Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

It's draft Month...My latest Colts draft revealed

Not that I think this is going to happen, but this is the draft I would like to see the Colts have...

1- DE Arik Armstead (Can rotate with Jones and Langford right away and provide much needed talent on the DL.)

2- RB Ameer Abdullah (I love this kid and he would give the Colts an explosive RB in space who is also a between the tackles runner.)

3- FS Derron Smith (Plays right away at FS while Adams is at SS)

TRADE (Indy trades 4th for Oakland's 5, 6)

5(via trade)- OT Tyrus Thompson (Adds depth at RT and could start in 2016 in place of Cherilus)

5- SS Clayton Geathers (Could start at SS in 2016)

6(via trade)- CB Jacorey Shepard (Adds depth to the secondary)

6- ILB Trey Depriest (Adds to depth at ILB)

6- DE/OLB Deion Barnes (Adds depth to pass rush)

7- BPA

7(comp)- BPA

I took Armstead in my mock he scares me too I watch the Ducks almost religiously as the Irish. He definately has bust potential but he can dominate a game. It would be a hard pass at 29

Not nearly as high on AA as the board I think we need to look at Tolers replacemebt in this draft It's deep with good corners and Toler will be over 30 and a FA next yr We know what FA CB's are getting paid

I took Armstead in my mock he scares me too I watch the Ducks almost religiously as the Irish. He definately has bust potential but he can dominate a game. It would be a hard pass at 29

Not nearly as high on AA as the board I think we need to look at Tolers replacemebt in this draft It's deep with good corners and Toler will be over 30 and a FA next yr We know what FA CB's are getting paid

Armstead only has like a year and a half of starting experience. That's why he's so raw. He needs to be coached up for sure, but he's only 20. Considering how badly it seemed like Grigson and company wanted Rashede Hageman last year, I don't think they'll pass on Armstead if he's there because he's probably rated very high on their board. I would imagine Phillips might be rated higher though.

I like the Abdullah pick although the more I look over things I am coming around to Duke Johnson a lot more.

I think he fits a lot of what we do on offense.  Could be a better pass protector, but not horrible.

Armstead only has like a year and a half of starting experience. That's why he's so raw. He needs to be coached up for sure, but he's only 20. Considering how badly it seemed like Grigson and company wanted Rashede Hageman last year, I don't think they'll pass on Armstead if he's there because he's probably rated very high on their board. I would imagine Phillips might be rated higher though.

I'm know Armstead expected big things this year he quit bball to focus totally on football. Then he had s disappointing year was nicked up for half the season.

I agree he would be hard to pass on because of his ceiling That's why I took him in my mock but I did it with some hesitation.