Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Josh Cribbs

mattceinicram

Cut Him, he STINKS!!!!!!

:scorebad:

I'll never forget that tweet/instagram post he sent out before the AFCCG I believe it was saying how people want him to fair catch but he won't cause it's not who he is then he turns around and has the ball go smack off his facemasK

I can't stand him!

I believe he goes into camp since we won't really know what we have in the return game until the rookies pad up. Nothing hurts bringing him to Anderson. He has the potential, but he is just terrifying to watch back there. I don't personally believe he is returning kicks week 1.

He's a 32 year old guy, whose only ability is as a returner, and he doesn't know how to take a knee eight yards deep in the end zone or fair catch. If I were Grigson I would have cut him two months ago.

Griff had a better punt return average, knows when take a knee, and offers some ability as a receiver. 

He's a 32 year old guy, whose only ability is as a returner, and he doesn't know how to take a knee eight yards deep in the end zone or fair catch. If I were Grigson I would have cut him two months ago.

Griff had a better punt return average, knows when take a knee, and offers some ability as a receiver. 

Peytonator nailed it. Cribbs always wants to run without realizing the gravity of the game situation. Just because you have speed doesn't mean you should always use it. Well said. 

Cut Him, he STINKS!!!!!!

I'll never forget that tweet/instagram post he sent out before the AFCCG I believe it was saying how people want him to fair catch but he won't cause it's not who he is then he turns around and has the ball go smack off his facemasK

I can't stand him!

Josh really said that?! What a fool. Does he think he's Prime Time Deion Sanders or something? I believe you TK. I just don't pay close attention to tweets or instagram posts on average. 

i think carter could be a good kick returner. he doesnt seem like a natural punt returner but it could be worth a shot, at least in pre season

He's a bean pole 6'5 200 not sure he'd hold up. I hope we draft Grant or Norwood problem solved.

I'd be surprised if Griff makes the team this yr. staff obviously wants someone more explosive in the return game Unless Carter totally blows I see AJ TY Moncrief Brown Carter

This

i think carter could be a good kick returner. he doesnt seem like a natural punt returner but it could be worth a shot, at least in pre season

Nah he's a tall lanky guy that isn't particularly fast.  He's built to be a possession receiver because his size gives him good catch range and an advantage when going up for the 50/50 ball.  

For a return man you need a guy has a lot of speed and can make good decisions on the fly with vision.  TY Hilton would be a good return man if he wasn't so valuable as a receiver.  But risking your #1 receiver on punts and kickoffs isn't a good idea IMO.

When we had Brazil I personally was an advocate of him being the return guy.  

Cut Him, he STINKS!!!!!!

I can't stand him!

Fair catch wouldn't have changed it if he didn't catch it.

Remember when everyone was so excited the Colts signed him?  Things were said like:

• Grigs is always improving the roster
  • Can't be any worse than Whalen
  • He will give Luck a short field to work with
  • Finally the Colts have an explosive returner.

Cribbs was a horrible signing and hopefully he does not make the final 53 in 2015.

Cribbs is good and can still be a productive player, he is also knuckle head who takes unnecessary risks to be who he is?? I don't care for that! You are a Colt do what is in the best interest of the Colts when needed fair catch the ball. If he can't or won't cut him and let Grif do it! Grif is yes unspectacular but safe an steady I can live with that, given the potential turnover!

Remember when everyone was so excited the Colts signed him?  Things were said like:

Cribbs was a horrible signing and hopefully he does not make the final 53 in 2015.

In some people's eyes, Grigs signing a guy who was cut from the CFL is a genius move. 

For the record I was against the signing from the start.  

Let the record so indicate. :)

I was too.  I thought Whalen was unspectacular but solid and saw no reason to replace him.

I really didn't like it when one of the big highlights everyone showed was one where Cribbs comes out from like 10 yards deep in the endzone on a kickoff and almost gets tackled at the 5 and by miracle/poor tackling he manages to evade it and ends up taking it the distance.

My problem was "Oh that looked great and all, but how many times does actually get tackled at the freaking 5."

With the kickoff line being moved forward anyways, you should be taking a knee like 90% of the time anyways.