Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. Texans Game Night Thread

LucasOilStadium

NFL Network Thursday Night Football At Indianapolis  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which Team Will Win On Thursday Night?

• Indianapolis Colts
    • Houston Texans

Hi, and also Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays Indianapolis Colts fans! :) Our Colts conclude their 2011 regular season homestand at Indianapolis tonight as they host the visiting 10-4 and AFC South Champions Houston Texans for the NFL Network. :texans: Colts are also 9-0 over the Texans at home games at both LOS and the RCA Dome. Colts will try to win their second game this season over a divisional rival, and also overcome their short practice week to accomadate the NFL Network. Tonight is also the 20th regular season meeting between the teams.

Colts lost the earlier meeting to the Texans at Reliant Stadium in Houston 34-7 back on Opening Week on September 11. Peyton Manning's absence in live game action at the time ended his 208 regular season game starting streak at QB, plus 19 more playoffs games as the starter for the Colts, for his total overall of 227, including playoff games.

Kerry Collins started in place for the injured Peyton Manning to end Peyton's consecutive starting streak at QB, but he fumbled on two series of playin the first half.. Colts trailed 34-0 at halftime. the largest deficit in the entire 58-year history of the franchise. Houston did all their scoring of the game in the first half, but the Colts finally scored on a Collins 6 yard TD pass to Reggie Wayne three minuites into the fourth quarter, with an Adam Viniteiri PAT, for the only score in the second half, with the the Texans winning 34-7.

Indianapolis though currently leads the all-time series 16-3 entering tonight. Colts only other losses over the Texans were also at Reliant Stadium, 24-34, also on an Opening Week back on September 12, 2010, and 24-27, on December 24, 2006.

Brad Nessler and Matt Mayock will announce the TV game commentary simulcast live on national cable on both the NFL Network, locally over-the-air in the Indianapolis, Indiana area on WTTV The CW Channel 4, and on the internet. Our Colts fans around the world can also see the Colts/Texans game live network game online streaming through the NFL Network's website.

Bob Lamey, our 'Voice Of The Colts,' and Will Wolford will also announce the live radio play-by-play and analysis, along with sideline reporter Kevin Lee simulcast on Colts flagship stations WFNI ESPN SportsRadio 1070AM and WLHK Country 97.1 FM, and the Colts Radio Network.

LOS's roof will be closed for tonight's 8:20PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff as the local weather forecast outside the stadium area is Showers and Cloudy Skies at 42 degrees, feels like 39 degrees, 40% precipitation, 93% humidity, and very mild northern winds at 5 miles per hour.

Colts will wear the their blue home jerseys and white pants on the field tonight, while the visiting Texans will dress in their white jerseys, and dark blue pants.

NO injuries, silly penalties and turnovers as you treat and early Christmas gift with your second straight win in front of your fans at LOS. Merry Christmas to all Colts fans, and LET'S GO COLTS!!!!! :cheer::1colts::coltslogo::colts::coltsfb::coltshorse::coltshelmet::blueshoe::D

Colts Vs. Texans Week 16 Preview and Detailed Press Release (Adobe PDF Reader):

http://www.colts.com...99-470054b48205

http://prod.static.c...g16-release.pdf

http://www.colts.com...5c-1c0d30276eed

Colts Vs. Texans Week 16 NFL Gamecenter:

http://www.nfl.com/g...nfo&tab=preview

NFL Network Live Website, Live Network Internet Game Streaming Begins At 8:00EST:

http://www.nfl.com/t...gn=NAV_NFLN_TNF

http://www.nfl.com/live

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just hoping this isn't Reggie's last home game. Not to mention Mathis, Saturday and Diem.

I think Saturday might retire after this year. Diem should go, he had a terrible season. I'm hoping Reg stays, but his attitude towards the situation is terrible; if we lose him, I really hope it's via a trade so we get something back instead of just losing him to free agency. I really want us to keep Mathis.

They just showed the clip of Hunter Smith tackling Deion! Sanders typically had an excuse, "I was chasing Marvin Harrison and all those young guys all game"

He referred to him as Chris Gardocki (the former punter, #17) but it WAS Hunter Smith. He either made an honest mistake or didn't want to give Hunter the credit.