Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TG 1 month to go mock

1/29. T.J. Clemmings, OT, Pittsburgh - A very raw but long, athletic, and powerful offensive lineman. The Colts have shown interest in him as a prospect, and his physical style of play seems like a good match. Hopefully with NFL coaching he can continue to improve his technique.

2/61. Henry Anderson, DE, Stanford - A long, athletic defensive lineman. I see him as a tremendous fit in Indianapolis, and he offers immediate rotational value.

3/93. Senquez Golson, CB, Ole Miss - A quick, well skilled cornerback. His main limitation is his 5 foot 8 and 5/8 inch height and 176 lbs frame. But he plays somewhat bigger than he is. 

4/128. Anthony Harris, FS, Virginia - A safety with good ball skills who put up good numbers in college. Needs to bulk up a bit. 

5/165. Jake Ryan, ILB, Michigan - Inside linebacker depth.

6/204. Akeem Hunt, RB, Purdue - A speedy running back with good receiving ability out of the backfield. Could see some carries immediately. 

6/206. Tyeler Davison, DT, Fresno St. - A fairly strong, athletic prospect on the defensive line. 

7/244. Mike Orakpo, OLB, Texas St. - An edge rusher prospect with an injury history. This guy has rare athleticism.

7/255. Bo Wallace, QB, Ole Miss - A potential project backup QB. He could be on the practice squad until Hasselbeck goes and we could see if he develops enough to be the new backup. Basically I think of the compensatory 7th as a priority UDFA. 

Not bad, just No way Harris is available late 4th. He's a early to mid 3rd, could reach into the late 2nd. Defenitly not a 4th round. Also Tyeler Davison... He's a 4th-5th rounder. Overall not bad, But could be better in some spots (Although I love Senquez Golson, I'd rather have a different player rd 3), and couple of streches. Not too bad though, nice work.

Not bad, just No way Harris is available late 4th. He's a early to mid 3rd, could reach into the late 2nd. Defenitly not a 4th round. Also Tyeler Davison... He's a 4th-5th rounder. Overall not bad, But could be better in some spots (Although I love Senquez Golson, I'd rather have a different player rd 3), and couple of streches. Not too bad though, nice work.

I was thinking Harris might be more of a round 3 pick as well. I figured his weight concerns might be enough to drop him a bit (he's only something like183 lbs if I remember right) but that might not be realistic.

1/29. T.J. Clemmings, OT, Pittsburgh - A very raw but long, athletic, and powerful offensive lineman. The Colts have shown interest in him as a prospect, and his physical style of play seems like a good match. Hopefully with NFL coaching he can continue to improve his technique.

2/61. Henry Anderson, DE, Stanford - A long, athletic defensive lineman. I see him as a tremendous fit in Indianapolis, and he offers immediate rotational value.

3/93. Senquez Golson, CB, Ole Miss - A quick, well skilled cornerback. His main limitation is his 5 foot 8 and 5/8 inch height and 176 lbs frame. But he plays somewhat bigger than he is.

4/128. Anthony Harris, FS, Virginia - A safety with good ball skills who put up good numbers in college. Needs to bulk up a bit.

5/165. Jake Ryan, ILB, Michigan - Inside linebacker depth.

6/204. Akeem Hunt, RB, Purdue - A speedy running back with good receiving ability out of the backfield. Could see some carries immediately.

6/206. Tyeler Davison, DT, Fresno St. - A fairly strong, athletic prospect on the defensive line.

7/244. Mike Orakpo, OLB, Texas St. - An edge rusher prospect with an injury history. This guy has rare athleticism.

7/255. Bo Wallace, QB, Ole Miss - A potential project backup QB. He could be on the practice squad until Hasselbeck goes and we could see if he develops enough to be the new backup. Basically I think of the compensatory 7th as a priority UDFA.

The Colts seemed to have invested a lot in the offense. I would think that with the 29th pick they would choose a player to address a need on defense. Which defensive player would you like to see the Colts select at #29?

The Colts seemed to have invested a lot in the offense. I would think that with the 29th pick they would choose a player to address a need on defense. Which defensive player would you like to see the Colts select at #29?

Part of the reason why an O-lineman could be the best pick to me is that one of the defensive players that I like  this year is Henry Anderson who could probably be had in the late second round. But if the first pick is on defense, I'd think a D-lineman like Eddie Goldman or Jordan Phillips might be a good pick if either are still there at 29. Safety is a big need but there's nobody (including Landon Collins) that I'd want to spend a 1st on. 

I also wouldn't mind Carl Davis in the first. I know it might be a little of a reach but he fills a position of need. I would like Henry Anderson but I'd rather us take rb in the second and let him learn behind Gore. A couple of the rbs that could be available could be our future at rb. I wouldn't mind a mid to late round pick on some o line for depth. The more I think about it the more I think  we also need a good cb in the mid rounds for depth. Definitely need 1 starting safety out of the draft as well. Harris could be that guy but I also don't think he'd be there in the 4th. Adrian Amos could be a guy available at that pick.

Part of the reason why an O-lineman could be the best pick to me is that one of the defensive players that I like this year is Henry Anderson who could probably be had in the late second round. But if the first pick is on defense, I'd think a D-lineman like Eddie Goldman or Jordan Phillips might be a good pick if either are still there at 29. Safety is a big need but there's nobody (including Landon Collins) that I'd want to spend a 1st on.

Okay. Peter King has Clemmings going there at 29 but to the Rams after a trade with the Colts. Colts get the 41st and 119th picks. What do you think of that trade? That is more realistic than the one with the Vikings that another Colts fan predicted in another thread.

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/04/01/nfl-mock-draft-peter-king/4/

Okay. Peter King has Clemmings going there at 29 but to the Rams after a trade with the Colts. Colts get the 41st and 119th picks. What do you think of that trade? That is more realistic than the one with the Vikings that another Colts fan predicted in another thread.

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/04/01/nfl-mock-draft-peter-king/4/

I think the Colts are kind of getting ripped off there. I'd rather Grigson just took Jake Fisher or Eddie Goldman if the draft broke down like this.