Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign Vincent Brown

NBColtsFanatic

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well.....this gives us something to talk about in the off season. I don't think we'll be talking Vincent Brown in the regular season. Just a hunch.

Why wouldn't we be talking about him in the Reg. Season?

Only 3 WR's on the current roster have a guaranteed spot this year...... we're not carrying only 3 WR's

Why wouldn't we be talking about him in the Reg. Season?

Only 3 WR's on the current roster have a guaranteed spot this year...... we're not carrying only 3 WR's

I don't see this signing as anything other than bringing a camp body. Of course, I could be wrong, but I don't expect him to make the 53-man roster.

He was scratched from the Raiders lineup several times last year. Some of it was injuries, but some of it was the fact that he wasn't very productive. He was a promising prospect once upon a time, but hasn't done very much of anything in his career. He doesn't return kicks, either. I'm fine with the signing, and I assume it isn't very costly, but this doesn't seem like a big deal. I don't even think he makes the final roster, especially if we draft a WR. 

This is a move i would compare to the Avery and DHB signing. A guy who we know full well has been signed for depth purposes only like Avery and DHB should have been. Makes getting AJ that much better imo.

Not comparable at all. Those 2 guys were has beens (never was's) who were brought in to be #2s for a decent amount of money. VB is still young and still can break out. Plus, I'm sure he cost very little and obviously is not looking at being #2 on the depth chart anytime soon.