Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts meeting with Eddie Goldman

Goldman isn't the only Florida State player that the Colts are interested in, however.  According to NFL Media's Ian Rapoport, the Colts will also have cornerback Ronald Darby in for a visit.

CB Ronald Darby stood on his 4.38 40, impressed in drills. Has workout/visit with
, <a data-ipb="nomediaparse" data-cke-saved-href="
class="
class=" ">#saints,="" —="" ian="" rapoport="" (@rapsheet)="" March 31, 2015

I have mixed feelings about this. Darby is a player I absolutely love, however he's a player that I think will be overdrafted. I don't want him at 29 and I'm guessing he could go before that. Our corners would be incredible, but I think there will be better players available at bigger positions of need. I'm curious how this will play out myself.

I have mixed feelings about this. Darby is a player I absolutely love, however he's a player that I think will be overdrafted. I don't want him at 29 and I'm guessing he could go before that. Our corners would be incredible, but I think there will be better players available at bigger positions of need. I'm curious how this will play out myself.

Well you kind of have to give thorough evaluation to everyone who may be available around that pick.  I actually think we could stand to have another really decent corner in the mix..  I think the Pats are going to add a little bit more speed into their receiving corps this time around.  Not just the Pats but other people like the Broncos. 

You have to do your due diligence on all the guys that might be available when you draft. Whether its Goldman, Darby, or someone else we need to take a guy that is going to be able to be a backbone of our team for a long time. I mean Toler is only signed through this year so we may very well need a long term solution at corner opposite Vonte...and we all know the defense looks entirely different when Toler wasn't healthy or went down so its ok to have depth at that position. So a corner, lb, dt, ot whatever we choose we just need them to be a part of our future...not someone we will have to replace in a couple years but drafted just because he played safety or dt.

We could get Darby in the 3ed unless his pro day caused him to blow up. Even if it did I highly doubt he'd be gone before we pick in the second..

With all the players available we're going to get a decent player at our spot or even trade up a few.

Collins...Bama safety could fall to around 20, we'd need to thrown in a 3ed and 6th to move up.

Collins...LSU OT, big strong, most likely we'd need to move up a few spots.

Goldman..FSU DT.. Big man, but we'd have to move up at least 10-12 spots.

With the other DT's, OT's and RB's available one big name will fall. But here's my choice:

Cam Erving OT, FSU: Was considered one of the better OT's in the nation, shut out Vic Beasley in 2013. Quick feet, powerful arms, former DT with a nasty streak. But what makes him so valuable is that he's also now considered the #1 center in the draft after moving there for the final 6 games. When he took over the running game took off and Winston could step up in the pocket..

We could get Darby in the 3ed unless his pro day caused him to blow up. Even if it did I highly doubt he'd be gone before we pick in the second..

With all the players available we're going to get a decent player at our spot or even trade up a few.

Collins...Bama safety could fall to around 20, we'd need to thrown in a 3ed and 6th to move up.

Collins...LSU OT, big strong, most likely we'd need to move up a few spots.

Goldman..FSU DT.. Big man, but we'd have to move up at least 10-12 spots.

With the other DT's, OT's and RB's available one big name will fall. But here's my choice:

Cam Erving OT, FSU: Was considered one of the better OT's in the nation, shut out Vic Beasley in 2013. Quick feet, powerful arms, former DT with a nasty streak. But what makes him so valuable is that he's also now considered the #1 center in the draft after moving there for the final 6 games. When he took over the running game took off and Winston could step up in the pocket..

I have seen Darby consistently in the second of all mocks, and the last one I just saw has Darby going at #22. This was the first time I have seen him in the first, but he had a great pro day and he is moving up the boards. I still say we go big man first since the quality ones will be gone after early second, and the draft is deeper in CB's, where we could find a quality one in the 2nd. I am hoping they go with Rawlins out of Miami, OH. One year of college ball and 7 int. plus he could go to safety. If we get a big DT and CB in the 2nd, then I will be very happy.