Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Byron Jones run 4.36 at pro day.

There's too much evidence for me to make any argument against this guy.  If he falls to 29, I'd be fine with drafting him.  It's not the perfect "filling our biggest need" pick, but I think it'd be worth it in the end.  Consider me convinced...

CB is a pretty big need Toler is in the final year of his contract and 30 yrs old. We don't have much behind him unless Price or another PS guy surprises,

This is a good draft for corners it would be nice to have Tolers replacement on a rookie deal.

I'd be disappointed if we came out of this draft without a CB with starting talent. We have a lot of contracts to settle next yr We don't need to be in the FA

This is the type of situation I would love to trade down and get a 4th and still grab Byron Jones. Not the biggest fan of taking him at 29 because of the gaping hole at D-Line. Also if TJ Clemmings is available, I'd rather have him. The best case scenario here IMO, is if a team takes him before our pick and it lets someone else drop to us, hopefully an OT or D-Lineman.

This most likely moves him into the late first round, but I just don't seem his as a 1st rounder. I agree with Jared that it would have to be a scenario where we trade back to the 2nd, and pick him up then. I just see OT, DL, or pass rusher as the bigger need in the 1st. I think if Clemmings, Peat, Brown, Goldman, Davis, or Dupree is there then anyone of them should be our pick.

He played safety 2 years before moving to CB.

You think Colts interested in him as a safety?

I would say a few teams may have interest in him possibly moving back to safety with the lack of depth at the position this year. I would say that Philly is most likely one of them.