Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Aaron Rodgers - Wisconsin fan

oldunclemark

Did anyone really have a problem with Aaron Rodgers getting tickets to the

NCAA regional and cheering for the Badgers?

I read criticism calling him a bandwagon jumper ..and saying that he got in free (I don't know if he did)

I saw LeBron watching the game in Cleveland...and you know HE didn't pay to get in...

I know Rodgers is not from Wisconsin but he's supporting the state team...seems to be having a good time

(and I saw who he had with him..Badger basketball is a cheap date)

I hope he gets tickets in Indianapolis this week...

He's won just as many SBs as #4 has BC. 

Does that define clutch? 

It's one of the most bandied around intangible that is used to describe players but it's never really defined. Is it just in the 4th Qtr or any big/key play? Does the overall importance of the game factor in too? 

He is saying that the wins were controversial (calls and who started) and really shouldn't be credited to Rodgers play. I think he is a great qb...clutch well that seems to be debatable. He is as good a qb that we have in the NFL...and this stretch of football he has been playing is certainly as good as any we have seen...Peyton, Tom, Brett included. Its not all his fault the losses in the postseason..I would be very surprised if he isn't playing for another SB again soon.

The Joe Webb Game and The Reversal people good grief...

I follow the NFL, but perhaps not as closely as many here...

I am completely unfamiliar with The Joe Webb game and The Reversal.    Maybe I shouldn't be, but I am.

If that somehow makes me a bad poster,  what can I tell you....

As for Rodgers,  call me a fan -- a huge fan.   Luck is my favorite QB, but I think Rodgers is fabulous and would be thrilled if he was the QB for my favorite team.

I am completely unfamiliar with The Joe Webb game and The Reversal. Maybe I shouldn't be, but I am.

If that somehow makes me a bad poster, what can I tell you....

As for Rodgers, call me a fan -- a huge fan. Luck is my favorite QB, but I think Rodgers is fabulous and would be thrilled if he was the QB for my favorite team.

The Joe Webb game was the 2012 playoff game where the Vikings literally started a wide receiver at quarterback.

I am completely unfamiliar with The Joe Webb game and The Reversal. Maybe I shouldn't be, but I am.

If that somehow makes me a bad poster, what can I tell you....

As for Rodgers, call me a fan -- a huge fan. Luck is my favorite QB, but I think Rodgers is fabulous and would be thrilled if he was the QB for my favorite team.

Based on what? You apparently didn't start watching foootball until Championship weekend in 2014 (The Reversal happened in the divisional round of 2014).

Based on what? You apparently didn't start watching foootball until Championship weekend in 2014 (The Reversal happened in the divisional round of 2014).

Seriously?    I gave a sincere answer that took no shot at you and you want to be a smart *** with me?

I've been following football likely far longer than you've been alive.....     How about since 1967.

That I don't know what happened in some game that didn't involve my favorite team doesn't bother me at all, but seems to rub you the wrong way.

Whatever.   

I like Aaron Rodgers, and I don't think that's a view that needs defending.

Does that define clutch? 

It's one of the most bandied around intangible that is used to describe players but it's never really defined. Is it just in the 4th Qtr or any big/key play? Does the overall importance of the game factor in too? 

I just find it ironic how great some people think Favre is so fantastic at the QB position like an NFL messiah [i'm being sarcastic BTW] when Aaron Rogers is leaps & bounds ahead of Brett in terms of poise, scrabbling ability & not making bone headed decisions in playoff games. Brett's a HOF QB but I can't stand his bleeping guts because of the retirement agony he put the entire Dairy State through for about the last 4 years in this league. 

Also, John Madden & Steve Mariucci need to seek professional help for their #4 love fest obsession. Brett's problem was that he always thought he could beat the secondary coverage with his arm. A few times he did, but other times, Favre's poor decision making ended the Packers & Vikings seasons in a split second. 

SBs define legacies & Brett did play in 2 winning 1. I actually wanted Manning & the Colts to face Favre & the Vikings in 2009 actually. I hated the NFL media because they always called Brett so tough & a gunslinger when Steve McNair was tougher & a much better QB in his prime than Favre could ever dream of being.

Clutch to me means playoff runs, SB appearances, & knowing when to throw the football away. Brett always struggled with that & often royally ticked me off because of it. Favre is so overrated it's not even funny. Aaron Rogers will surpass #4 in SB victories very soon. Book it! 

And not a playoff game besides that year that isn't named after the sham for which it's associated with.

That's right. Deny the truth. Rogers is far superior to Favre. I don't recall any other elite QB saying "It's not my job to mentor another QB." Plus, Brett did nothing to calm fans in GB when they lodged death threats against Rogers for pushing #4 out of WI when Favre was being a spoiled brat & couldn't decide if he wanted to play football or not. 

And before you claim I'm making this up, remember I lived through the whole Favre era & Rogers era BC & I saw this whole self inflicted, rift unfold directly.  

Wait, are you claiming Favre's greatness is a sham? It's not a sham, but it is overblown. I agree 100% LOL! 

In all seriousness, you love Favre & I detest the man because of his ego & the passes he always got in the NFL media for creating turnovers at the worst possible moments. 

OK....   the light has gone on...

If you're talking about the catch that was no catch against the Packers with Dez Bryant,  I know the game.   I just didn't associate it the game with your description of "The Reversal"...     because that same description could've applied to the Dallas game with Detroit,  where the ref threw the flag for Pass Interference and then picked up the flag....     

This kind of thing happens....

I just find it ironic how great some people think Favre is so fantastic at the QB position like an NFL messiah [i'm being sarcastic BTW] when Aaron Rogers is leaps & bounds ahead of Brett in terms of poise, scrabbling ability & not making bone headed decisions in playoff games. Brett's a HOF QB but I can't stand his bleeping guts because of the retirement agony he put the entire Dairy State through for about the last 4 years in this league.

Also, John Madden & Steve Mariucci need to seek professional help for their #4 love fest obsession. Brett's problem was that he always thought he could beat the secondary coverage with his arm. A few times he did, but other times, Favre's poor decision making ended the Packers & Vikings seasons in a split second.

SBs define legacies & Brett did play in 2 winning 1. I actually wanted Manning & the Colts to face Favre & the Vikings in 2009 actually. I hated the NFL media because they always called Brett so tough & a gunslinger when Steve McNair was tougher & a much better QB in his prime than Favre could ever dream of being.

Clutch to me means playoff runs, SB appearances, & knowing when to throw the football away. Brett always struggled with that & often royally ticked me off because of it. Favre is so overrated it's not even funny. Aaron Rogers will surpass #4 in SB victories very soon. Book it!

Favre went to 2 straight SBs, 3 straight NFCCGs and he won other playoff games the additional years in his 1st 7 years (7 years being how long Aaron has played). That alone is a crapload of big football games, and he did this after playing the regular season in a division that usually produced 4 winning teams. That is why Brett Favre smokes Aaron Rodgers, especially in the clutch (Aaron doesn't know when to throw the ball period, let alone throw it away, sometimes) department.

Go ahead and run his postprime and eventual crash into the ground all you want when comparing Manning, Brady, etc because that's totally fair. They've faced their own postprime and it stacks up well against Favre's. Comparing Rodgers now to 2006 Favre (or anybody else) though is just whopsided. If you're going by 1 guy's first 7 years in a comparison, you should do the same by the other guy.

Besides, another thing is that Rodgers will lose a step just like every quarterback. I'm glad you mentioned Steve McNair because when he lost a step that was IT. DONE. There was no postprime for him because he was done. That's what makes Favre, Manning, etc truly great. They lost a considerable amount of ability and still played the game at a high level. There is nothing that guarantees Rodgers doing that. The fact that he's good now doesn't guarantee him any number of years down the road. Just ask Steve McNair about that.

OK.... the light has gone on...

If you're talking about the catch that was no catch against the Packers with Dez Bryant, I know the game. I just didn't associate it the game with your description of "The Reversal"... because that same description could've applied to the Dallas game with Detroit, where the ref threw the flag for Pass Interference and then picked up the flag....

This kind of thing happens....

Well if you want to put all the bad calls on the table, the Packers only made the playoffs in 2010 to begin with after the refs overturned 2 Vikings touchdowns in that first game. And the Calvin Johnson catch, from a divisional game, happened that year.

Favre went to 2 straight SBs, 3 straight NFCCGs and he won other playoff games the additional years in his 1st 7 years (7 years being how long Aaron has played). That alone is a crapload of big football games, and he did this after playing the regular season in a division that usually produced 4 winning teams. That is why Brett Favre smokes Aaron Rodgers, especially in the clutch (Aaron doesn't know when to throw the ball period, let alone throw it away, sometimes) department.

Go ahead and run his postprime and eventual crash into the ground all you want when comparing Manning, Brady, etc because that's totally fair. They've faced their own postprime and it stacks up well against Favre's. Comparing Rodgers now to 2006 Favre (or anybody else) though is just whopsided. If you're going by 1 guy's first 7 years in a comparison, you should do the same by the other guy.

Besides, another thing is that Rodgers will lose a step just like every quarterback. I'm glad you mentioned Steve McNair because when he lost a step that was IT. DONE. There was no postprime for him because he was done. That's what makes Favre, Manning, etc truly great. They lost a considerable amount of ability and still played the game at a high level. There is nothing that guarantees Rodgers doing that. The fact that he's good now doesn't guarantee him any number of years down the road. Just ask Steve McNair about that.

I seem to recall stating that Brett Favre belonged in the HOF so clearly I accept that he was an elite QB. I have also said numerous times in the past that I gained respect for #4 & the beating he took in the 2009 NFC Championship Game. Favre played in the league from 1991-2010, a duration of 19 years. Rogers was drafted in 2005 & he won his 1st Championship in the 2010 season vs the Steelers 31-25.

When Favre won his only SB in 1996 vs the Patriots 35-21, would GB have won that Lombardi trophy without the kick return of  Desmond Howard? I highly doubt it so let's not kiss #4's caboose exclusively shall we & I seem to recall Reggie White "The Minister Of Defense" sealing the deal that night as well. Yes, I realize football is a team sport with roster contributions on any Championship roster but if Favre was drafted in 1991 & got his first ring in 1996 that equals 5 years. Now, if Rogers was drafted in 2005 & got his first ring in 2010 that also equals 5 years too. So, that identical championship window between field generals pretty much neutralizes or cancels the other one out. What's Favre interception record that leads the NFL again? Oh yeah, 336. Does Rogers lead in that category? In 2014, Aaron had 38 TDs to 5 INTs, but you're right Rogers sucks. LOL! 

Favre played longer than McNair did yes that's true, but Steve was the true iron man not the guy with Louisiana roots. His Titans came within inches of defeating the Rams in 1999 & although McNair's Championship window was shorter than Favre's longevity was he did play decent in Baltimore as a free agent in 2006. I feel bad that he was murdered by his mistress though. I really liked Steve as a player & a person. Did Aaron look like he lost a step against Seattle in the NFC Championship Game to you? Me neither.  

I seem to recall stating that Brett Favre belonged in the HOF so clearly I accept that he was an elite QB. I have also said numerous times in the past that I gained respect for #4 & the beating he took in the 2009 NFC Championship Game. Favre played in the league from 1991-2010, a duration of 19 years. Rogers was drafted in 2005 & he won his 1st Championship in the 2010 season vs the Steelers 31-25.

When Favre won his only SB in 1996 vs the Patriots 35-21, would GB have won that Lombardi trophy without the kick return of Desmond Howard? I highly doubt it so let's not kiss #4's caboose exclusively shall we & I seem to recall Reggie White "The Minister Of Defense" sealing the deal that night as well. Yes, I realize football is a team sport with roster contributions on any Championship roster but if Favre was drafted in 1991 & got his first ring in 1996 that equals 5 years. Now, if Rogers was drafted in 2005 & got his first ring in 2010 that also equals 5 years too. So, that identical championship window between field generals pretty much neutralizes or cancels the other one out. What's Favre interception record that leads the NFL again? Oh yeah, 336. Does Rogers lead in that category? In 2014, Aaron had 38 TDs to 5 INTs, but you're right Rogers sucks. LOL!

Favre played longer than McNair did yes that's true, but Steve was the true iron man not the guy with Louisiana roots. His Titans came within inches of defeating the Rams in 1999 & although McNair's Championship window was shorter than Favre's longevity was he did play decent in Baltimore as a free agent in 2006. I feel bad that he was murdered by his mistress though. I really liked Steve as a player & a person. Did Aaron look like he lost a step against Seattle in the NFC Championship Game to you? Me neither.

Yeah counting the first 5 years instead of 7, including the bench years really validates your argumemt over mine...???

Favre scored a TD on the first pass (and second play of scrimmage) of that game for heck's sake. He had 3 touchdowns that game amd Desmond had 2.

White had 1 good play in the SB (he too was in more a postprime by that point). Rodger's Packers got him 4 ints in a row in the Seahawks game, and everybody is still so quick to blame the defense on that team lately.

The lifetime int record means precisely jack. Over half of the 10 most Int'd guys are HoFERs and some guy named Peyton Manning needs 13 more to make that list.

The point about McNair is that no matter how good you are at your peak, it doesn't guarantee any future success.

That's right. Deny the truth. Rogers is far superior to Favre. I don't recall any other elite QB saying "It's not my job to mentor another QB." Plus, Brett did nothing to calm fans in GB when they lodged death threats against Rogers for pushing #4 out of WI when Favre was being a spoiled brat & couldn't decide if he wanted to play football or not. 

And before you claim I'm making this up, remember I lived through the whole Favre era & Rogers era BC & I saw this whole self inflicted, rift unfold directly.  

Wait, are you claiming Favre's greatness is a sham? It's not a sham, but it is overblown. I agree 100% LOL! 

In all seriousness, you love Favre & I detest the man because of his ego & the passes he always got in the NFL media for creating turnovers at the worst possible moments. 

Ive got to agree , Rodgers is one of the better QBs ive seen in my time and his stats will be right there with the all time greats when its all said and done. Per say if ive got Rodgers in his prime and Favre in his , im gonna take Rodgers everytime . Just flat out has more talent and the poise as you say.

When  I talk about people having an agenda etc....this thread is the kind of stuff I'm talking about. Whether its about Peyton, Tom, Andrew or in this case Aaron its clear some people can't accept ANY good...only want to push an idea. There is no reasoning with that. How you can look at Rodgers career (or Toms, Peyton or other elite qbs) and come away with such a negative view is beyond me. Clearly not being objective. I'm not taking the bait here...just moving on.

I didn't make this into Aaron/Brett debate #23,457. They did. Here's the real truth about whether it's Peyton, Tom or Andrew. If The Joe Webb Game and The Reversal were any of those guy's only playoff wins besides 1 other year, it would get brought up every time. If those guys lost twice a year to the same nondivisional opponent 2 years in a row it would...um...does in the case of Peyton and Tom, get brought up every time. The injuries, the cakewalk games, etc etc. I'm not saying the guy is worthless but he's not even in the same universe as Favre, let alone the several more popular picks for the greatest like Manning or Brady.

As for Favre, I think people discredit him for more than I do Rodgers. Just look at the short list of accolades he has in the post about his first 7 years, not to mention a solid postprime that I totally left out.

Of course, the question was...whether Rodgers is a real badger fan...and if he is or isn't,whether that's Okay

Lol its ok , and really up to him . Nobody elses business. Hes friends with these folks . Honestly didn't get where the people criticizing him were even coming from.

Yeah counting the first 5 years instead of 7, including the bench years really validates your argumemt over mine...???

Favre scored a TD on the first pass (and second play of scrimmage) of that game for heck's sake. He had 3 touchdowns that game amd Desmond had 2.

White had 1 good play in the SB (he too was in more a postprime by that point). Rodger's Packers got him 4 ints in a row in the Seahawks game, and everybody is still so quick to blame the defense on that team lately.

The lifetime int record means precisely jack. Over half of the 10 most Int'd guys are HoFERs and some guy named Peyton Manning needs 13 more to make that list.

The point about McNair is that no matter how good you are at your peak, it doesn't guarantee any future success.

Why do you constantly introduce elements into your response to my post that I never mentioned once? What in the world does Peyton Manning have to do with a comparison between Brett Favre & Aaron Rogers? Nothing. You did the exact same thing in Bogie's thread all things Brett Favre too. " Over half of the 10 most Int'd guys are HoFERs and some guy named Peyton Manning needs 13 more to make that list." 

It's not about winning an argument. It's articulating why I believe Aaron Rogers is a better QB than Brett Favre & what drove me to that conclusion. Desmond's Howard's touchdown sealed that SB victory for GB. Bill Parcells, then the HC of NE Patriots, confirmed that very fact in 1996 at the post game press conference after their loss. 

How are bench years relevant to Rogers playing time as the starting QB of the Packers actually? What's Aaron supposed to do defy Mike McCarthy's wishes & throw a temper tantrum because both Mike & Ted Thompson want Aaron to learn behind Favre as an example thru quiet observation? 

Interceptions are a part of any HOF QBs legacy BC as well as MVP Awards, TD completion records, & consecutive starting streaks & the last time I checked #4 is the lone field general Champion of turnovers with 336. That is a fact not speculation or a personal opinion BTW. 

You seem to make the argument that no QBs future success is guaranteed. Okay, sure I agree you're right. However, I'm most looking at 2 QBs & their SB production: 2 rings within a 5 year window with the same amount of Lombardi hardware only Rogers doesn't throw so many picks. Therefore, in my mind, Aaron is a better QB. 

GB Special Teams during the onside kick lost that game not Aaron Rogers. Seriously BC, your grasping at straws here. I'm sorry. 

Why do you constantly introduce elements into your response to my post that I'd rather leave out? What in the world does Peyton Manning have to do with a comparison between Brett Favre & Aaron Rogers?

Fixed.

Peyton Manning has nothing to do with the Favre and Rodgers comparison but he does have to do with the ints records you brought up. You are also who brought up the bench years so I don't know why you even went on to ask me about that.

Favre scored 3 TDs in the SB. Howard scored 1, not 2 like I last said, and I don't know how Howard exclusively sealed anything when Favre's last TD came after Howard's 1. If that's what Bill Parcels thinks, it's no wonder his team lost.

Lol its ok , and really up to him . Nobody elses business. Hes friends with these folks . Honestly didn't get where the people criticizing him were even coming from.

I know right Jay. Rogers plays in WI but reporters question whether his Badger State loyalty is genuine? Sometimes the connections people make with no logical at all baffles me. 

What do journalists expect Aaron to do not attend other sporting events that have WI based roots?

No one questioned his loyalty at Milwaukee Brewers games in the past but following the Men's Basketball team around during March Madness is a conspiracy theory with dark, mischievous undertones. LOL! 

Fixed.

Peyton Manning has nothing to do with the Favre and Rodgers comparison but he does have to do with the ints records you brought up. You are also who brought up the bench years so I don't know why you are even asking me about that.

Go back to my original post on this page #27. Show me once where I mentioned how long Rogers sat on the bench watching Favre? I never did once. I was talking about the duration between being drafted & winning a Championship between 2 franchise QBs playing for the same franchise. 

Also, you keep implying that Manning is close to throwing enough picks to be placed on that INT list himself along with Brett Favre. How is that relevant when what you stated is hypothetical & it hasn't happened yet let alone may never transpire so it cannot be classified as a record at all on Manning's behalf? 

Again, what's Rogers supposed to do demand to be the starter as a backup? Honestly, the more you try to clarify your position, the deeper the hole you dig for yourself. 

Look, I get that Favre is your guy & you're just standing up for your avatar. I like Aaron Rogers & believe that he will surpass Favre in Lombardi titles. Neither one of us is gonna change the other person's mind. 

I'm not picking on you BC. I just don't care for introducing elements/arguments that either I never made or have no bearing on the topic being discussed that's all. 

"Why do you constantly introduce elements into your response to my post that I'd rather leave out?"--BC

News Flash BC: It is a common practice in writing to only highlight facts or circumstances that give credence & credibility to the overall thesis an author is making. Then, you follow it up with points which reinforce that central point of view.  I think you already are aware of this familiar concept BC. 

Go bank to my original post on this page #27. Show me once where I mentioned how long Rogers sat on the bench watching Favre? I never did once. I was talking about the duration between being drafted & winning a Championship between 2 franchise QBs playing for the same franchise.

And the duration included 4 years on the bench between both players. You mentioned a duration of time...then keep asking how facts from that duration of time have anything to do with that duration of time...I mean I just...don't...even...

Also, you keep implying that Manning is close to throwing enough picks to be placed on that INT list himself along with Brett Favre. How is that relevant when what you stated is hypothetical & it hasn't happened yet let alone may never transpire so it cannot be classified as a record at all on Manning's behalf?

You mean like Aaron Rodgers winning another SB like you already predicted?

Again, what's Rogers supposed to do demand to be the starter as a backup? Honestly, the more you try to clarify your position, the deeper the hole you dig for yourself.

Again, you try to take this convo that way. Didn't you say something about not bringing other elements into discussions?

Look, I get that Favre is your guy & you're just standing up for your avatar. I like Aaron Rogers & believe that he will surpass Favre in Lombardi titles. Neither one of us is gonna change the other person's mind.

It's got nothing to do with the avatar. I posted here for a long time without the avatar and had the same things to say. Nobody ever accused me of being a fanboy then, but now that I have the avatar people like you throw it up as a defense tactic.

I'm not picking on you BC. I just don't care for introducing elements/arguments that I don't want being discussed that's all.

And the duration included 4 years on the bench between both players. You mentioned a duration of time...then keep asking how facts from that duration of time have anything to do with that duration of time...I mean I just...don't...even...

You mean like Aaron Rodgers winning another SB like you already predicted?

Again, you try to take this convo that way. Didn't you say something about not bringing other elements into discussions?

It's got nothing to do with the avatar. I posted here for a long time without the avatar and had the same things to say. Nobody ever accused me of being a fanboy then, but now that I have the avatar people like you throw it up as a defense tactic.

In terms of the Seattle game, that game was lost at the 5 minute mark when GB intercepted the ball and had a 19-7 lead and the Packers ran three straight times from its own 43 (plays are below). They ran for losses on the first two plays and still did not throw the ball. Why Rodgers did not throw on second down after a 4 yard loss on first is mind boggling. One first down there and Seattle has no chance to mount a comeback but they went ultra conservative which allowed Seattle the chance to come back. 

5:04 1 10 GNB 43 Eddie Lacy left tackle for -4 yards (tackle by Kevin Williams)                                

4:57 2 14 GNB 39 Eddie Lacy left tackle for -2 yards (tackle by Michael Bennett)                                

4:50 3 16 GNB 37 Eddie Lacy up the middle for 2 yards (tackle by Bobby Wagner and Michael Bennett)          

4:00 4 14 GNB 39 Tim Masthay punts 30 yards, out of bounds