Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

McShay's Latest Mock: Eli Harold OLB Virginia.

I want some of our super scouts to tell me why I want this guy at 29.  I look at the film and see good use of arms extended, yet slow to shed blockers.  Also concerned about another player on the Colts that cannot set the edge.

I will go BPA DT or OL at this pick, if not I am going to throw out RB or safety.  I want a big up front on D....

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/eli-harold-vs-louisville-2014/

I will add the rest of McShay's mock here too.

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/dgjSh?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl-draft

Edited by BrentMc11

I want some of our super scouts to tell me why I want this guy at 29.  I look at the film and see good use of arms extended, yet slow to shed blockers.  Also concerned about another player on the Colts that cannot set the edge.

I will go BPA DT or OL at this pick, if not I am going to throw out RB or safety.  I want a big up front on D....

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/eli-harold-vs-louisville-2014/

I will add the rest of McShay's mock here too.

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/dgjSh?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl-draft

I've been scouting him recently, and he's alright.

He is forsure a project with potential to be a GREAT role player, edge setter, and good (enough) pass rusher. He needs to add strength and some bulk to be very successful. I'd trade back and consider him, but I don't like him at 29.  

Not really. Only two pass rushers on the roster and both are near the end.

Oops, forgot about Newsome, but he is far from a sure thing.

I agree....I do like his athleticism, but we really do not need another 'raw' pick.  Especially in the 1st round.   :thmup:

The better pick would be Marcus Peters the CB from Washington.  This would give us 2 shut down corners

McShay shows him available.  I don't want to make the Good Doctor Mad, but everything depends on the 3 picks in front of us....Detroit, Pittsbirgh, and Dallas.  The three best bigs besides Leonard Williams are eaking soooo close to the Colts.  Malcom Brown, Arik Armstead, and Eddie Goldman....if these guys are gone, we may go with Peters.  

I hope we do not go RB with this pick due to BPA......Please :)

Not really. Only two pass rushers on the roster and both are near the end.

Oops, forgot about Newsome, but he is far from a sure thing.

With Mathis, Cole, Walden, Werner, and Newsome, there is absolutely no playing time for another OLB so to draft one in the first round is ridiculous.. especially with the fact that Cam Johnson and Adongo still show promise.

With Mathis, Cole, Walden, Werner, and Newsome, there is absolutely no playing time for another OLB so to draft one in the first round is ridiculous.. especially with the fact that Cam Johnson and Adongo still show promise.

Cole & Mathis: old

Werner: bust

Walden: pass rush is not his strong point

Newsome: potential, but that's about it

Johnson and Adongo: have shown next to nothing

drafting a pass rusher would be far from ridiculous

You draft for beyond year 1.

Cole & Mathis: old

Werner: bust

Walden: pass rush is not his strong point

Newsome: potential, but that's about it

Johnson and Adongo: have shown next to nothing

drafting a pass rusher would be far from ridiculous

You draft for beyond year 1.

I wouldn't care if we drafted a pass rusher but I find it ridiculous to draft a 1st round OLB who would only be on the practice squad.

Then I see it highly unlikely that we draft one in the first round because they probably haven't given up on Werner and they would have cut Walden already with everybody else we have.

No they wouldn't. We can roster all of them. Just cut Cam Johnson.

No they wouldn't. We can roster all of them. Just cut Cam Johnson.

And then there's the possibility that Mathis starts the year on the PUP list. 

There's zero possibility that anyone drafted in the first round winds up on the practice squad.