My Maybe Not So Good Mock

Colts Mock

First round: 29th overall selection: Landon Collins SS Alabama

Second round: 61st overall selection: Derron Smith FS Fresno State

Third round: 93rd overall selection: Ifo Ekpre-Olomu CB Oregon

Fourth round: 128th overall selection: Andy Gallik C Boston College

Fifth round: 165th overall selection: David Cobb RB Minnesota

Sixth round: 204th overall selection: Xavier Williams DT Northern Iowa

Sixth round: 206th overall selection (from Seattle): Nick Marshall CB/QB Auburn 

Seventh round: 244th overall selection (from Dallas): Jamon Brown OT Louisville

Seventh round: 255th overall selection (compensatory selection): Shaquille Riddick DE West Virginia

Yeah, when is the last time taking a safety who was an in the box guy who isn't good in coverage in the first round has worked out?

I don't know how or why this has spread around here except for the extreme anti-Bama bias that is everywhere....

But Collins is NOT bad in coverage.    He may not be great,  but he clearly at least average in coverage.

Find me the profile that says he's less than average in coverage.....  that, I'd like to see....

I don't know how or why this has spread around here except for the extreme anti-Bama bias that is everywhere....

But Collins is NOT bad in coverage. He may not be great, but he clearly at least average in coverage.

Find me the profile that says he's less than average in coverage..... that, I'd like to see....

Didnt say he was bad, but it's his clear weakness. Until one of these safeties in this mold proves worthy of a top pick, count me out.

Didnt say he was bad, but it's his clear weakness. Until one of these safeties in this mold proves worthy of a top pick, count me out.

Deonne Buchanan was looked at as much less skilled, and much worse in coverage. Had a great rookie year.

Wouldn't surprise me if Scott M. snags him at #5 for the Redskins

I'd be shocked if they did that [drafted Collins at #5] with the other players that will be available at #5.   I think Collins will be available in the lower end of the first round and possibly available at #29.  Heck, he might even be there for the Redskins in the top of the 2nd or as a trade up possibility in the bottom of the 1st.

I'd be shocked if they did that [drafted Collins at #5] with the other players that will be available at #5. I think Collins will be available in the lower end of the first round and possibly available at #29. Heck, he might even be there for the Redskins in the top of the 2nd or as a trade up possibility in the bottom of the 1st.

Safeties are a lot more valuable than they used to be. People thought we could get Buchannon out Ward in the third last year. No chance Collins makes it out if the first, especially considering people view the gap between him and everyone else as large.

Safeties are a lot more valuable than they used to be. People thought we could get Buchannon out Ward in the third last year. No chance Collins makes it out if the first, especially considering people view the gap between him and everyone else as large.

I guess should have said I'd be less shocked he if made to pick #38 for the Redskins than if he was picked by them at #5.  I wouldn't be surprised at all if he was still available in the bottom half of the first round though.