Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie Wayne Says "thursday Could Be My Last Home Game"

Smitto

Earlier on in the season i thought the colts would definitely bring back wayne but now i dont really see that... wayne was and still is a great WR but he's lost his step on receivers... he was never a speedster but we have all seen what garcon can do and if the colts found another guy like that it would only make the offense that much more explosive... question is is it worth bringing back wayne?... looking at it now i dont think so.

http://tracking.si.com/2011/12/21/reggie-wayne-says-thursday-could-be-his-last-home-game-with-colts/

If he doesn't want to be here then he can leave. Frees up a fair bit of cap space I'd imagine, and if Garcon can keep his form up, Clark can rediscover fitness and Collie can get over his problems, plus a decent WR in the draft, a decent QB (be it Luck or Manning, different issue) will have no problems with them. Reggie will go down a Colts legend but it may be time up. Wish we traded him at the start of the year when he still had trade value but we weren't to know our season would go this way.

I'm still hoping they can find a way to keep both Mathis and Reggie. I'm still not sold on Garcon being a #1 receiver.

He still has yet to go up against a #1 cover corner and prove that he can make a catch or two like Reggie did when

Marvin went out a few years ago.

I don't think it's a matter of him wanting to leave, he just sees the way the money situation is and figures that he may

not be able to take what is offered to him. I'm sure he would love to finish his career here, but there's a balance to

strike between love of the team and what dollar amount he is willing to play for. Hopefully he and Chris/Bill can find the balance.

GO COLTS.

-d.

It's hard to evaluate all the receivers with the QB rotation this year. If Peyton had been playing the receivers would have been like always and I hate to see Reggie leave but if he wants a mega contract I don't think he will get one this time around. Maybe I'm wrong but unless he wants a decent contract I can't see them keeping him even though they would probably like to. JMO of course. I will watch the news interview and see what is said. Everyone will take it differently as always.

I personally think it's hard to evaluate any of the players with the QB situation this year. Glad it's their job to get that done. :dunno:

Reggie had the one of the highest dropped passes last year and since 2009 i can sense him developing an attitude. Remember whining about having one pass vs Jets playoff game and trying to throw Manning under the bus. I was at the game and not even a single time he could get open.

I honestly believe he messed up running a bad route on pick six. ( as if he wanted to lose - Lousiana, home town, katrina, just saying ). Not to forget him dropping a pass in the end zone.

I would be ok if he leaves but i am afraid if he is the only one who does.

Reggie had the one of the highest dropped passes last year and since 2009 i can sense him developing an attitude. Remember whining about having one pass vs Jets playoff game and trying to throw Manning under the bus. I was at the game and not even a single time he could get open.

I honestly believe he f**ked up running a bad route on pick six. ( as if he wanted to lose - Lousiana, home town, katrina, just saying ). Not to forget him dropping a pass in the end zone.

Wayne ran the right route. Tracy Porter had plenty of film to study and recognized the route easily. He jumped it and got himself a pick 6. Nothing was Waynes fault on that one. Also, he was covered by Darelle Revis you know? In that Jets playoff game

Wayne ran the right route. Tracy Porter had plenty of film to study and recognized the route easily. He jumped it and got himself a pick 6. Nothing was Waynes fault on that one. Also, he was covered by Darelle Revis you know? In that Jets playoff game

but that would mean having to give credit to another player for making a great play...

The problem i have is wayne is 33yrs old... thats old and for a possession receiver thats really old.. wayne was a great receiver but peyton took advantage of that, if he was to go i dont think the colts would miss him at all *pending that they do acquire a good draft pick or got one in FA*

Porter made a great play..

Yeah, he did...but didn't Reggie admit to cutting the route short a bit? I seem to remember that after the game....Had he cut in just a bit more Porter doesn't jump the route...oh well, it was a great play that still nauseates me to this day

I honestly believe he messed up running a bad route on pick six. ( as if he wanted to lose - Lousiana, home town, katrina, just saying ). Not to forget him dropping a pass in the end zone.

In no way did this man want to lose SB.

I really hope the fans give Reggie his due tomorrow night just in case it is.

It's really hard to say what is going to happen with Reggie because so many things are up in the air. The only way I think we bring him back is if Manning comes back as I don't think it makes sense to bring him back with a rookie QB. The thing is bringing Manning back and having a top draft pick whoever it is might make it impossiable to bring Reggie back due to money as it doesn't sound like Wayne is going to give us a hometown discount.

Frankly I could see the Colts seeing what Garcon (if he is resigned) and Collie do as number one and number two WRs and then getting our number one guy in the draft next year.

I certainly don't want to see him leave Indy, but I really don't like how he keeps making such a dramatic issue about it. "It may be my last home game...I'm not going to make it easy on the Colts to re-sign me...woe is me". Shut your mouth, play football while your under contract, and worry about the other stuff when you get to it

I certainly don't want to see him leave Indy, but I really don't like how he keeps making such a dramatic issue about it. "It may be my last home game...I'm not going to make it easy on the Colts to re-sign me...woe is me". Shut your mouth, play football while your under contract, and worry about the other stuff when you get to it

Thanks for the good post and I agree completely. You don't hear any of the other players saying those things and they are probably feeling it also especially all the players that are entering their contract years. I like Reggie but let things happen as they will. I would like to see him back but as a kings ransom I can't see where we can afford that. If Peyton can restructure his contract like he has done in the pass maybe some of the other players could do the same. Well I guess we will see how things pan out in the end.

I really hope he doesn't leave.The stuff he's done for this franchise is astonishing. I love that man! I hope he stays, and I hope I'm not the only one that thinks that.

I don't think your the only one I would like to see him stay but we will have to see what he thinks he's worth and if the team can afford it.

Yes he was covered by Darelle Revis. So why was he whining after the game about Manning not throwing the ball to him?. Also not sure if he ran the right route there.

I hope Wayne stay a Colt for at least another season...but I doubt he will. It looks like he is ready to move on and I think the Colts think the same thing. If we draft Luck I believe we would also want to get a good, young athletic receiver to help take some of the pressure off him ala the Andy Dalton/AJ Green combo in Cincy.

I hope Wayne stay a Colt for at least another season...but I doubt he will. It looks like he is ready to move on and I think the Colts think the same thing. If we draft Luck I believe we would also want to get a good, young athletic receiver to help take some of the pressure off him ala the Andy Dalton/AJ Green combo in Cincy.

I agree, If Peyton is not back then it makes no sense to sign him. Even with Peyton back I would just assume use the money we save on a much cheaper but more needed Guard.

I think signing both Wanyne and Mathis will cost us too much money and we owe it to our new DC to not handcuff him with no pass rush. It's to bad Hughes has amounted to so little.

I don't think it's a matter of him wanting to leave, he just sees the way the money situation is and figures that he may not be able to take what is offered to him.

He can take whatever he wants. He has already made a small fortune from the Colts. I have passed up jobs that offered more money because I liked the situation I was in and the job I had. And it's worked out pretty well for me.

If Reggie has been somewhat smart with his money he would have enough to last the rest of his life and the Colts would still offer him a nice contract to finsih out his career. But it sounds like he is ready to move on to get the big money - if anyone will pay a slowing 33 year old who was never a burner big money.

I would like to see Reggie stay, but if he needs the big paycheck - and this will be his last NFL contract we all know - then I thank him for the work he did here and wish him well.

If he doesn't want to be here then he can leave. Frees up a fair bit of cap space I'd imagine, and if Garcon can keep his form up, Clark can rediscover fitness and Collie can get over his problems, plus a decent WR in the draft, a decent QB (be it Luck or Manning, different issue) will have no problems with them. Reggie will go down a Colts legend but it may be time up. Wish we traded him at the start of the year when he still had trade value but we weren't to know our season would go this way.

Garcon is not a #1 receiver at all. The man has butter fingers and I have seen no evidence that he can beat consistent double coverage.

Reggie leaving could be a real problem.

As much as I love Garcon the guy is horribly inconsistent. That is not a good option as your number one WR. Clark and Collie have shown to be non existent without Manning as well.

If Manning is back fully healthy I can see letting Reggie go, but if we are putting Luck out there you cannot remove the most consistent WR from our roster.

One guy who loves to have guys who have beat him in the past is Bill Belichick. That is why he went out and got Welker from the Dolphins. Wayne has gotten consistently open vs the Pats even when the Pats' D was not this horrendous, has great hands and runs great routes. He is still a possession wideout but may offer what the Pats did not get with Ocho Cinco, that outside wideout that is reliable, will learn the playbook fast and will move the chains. That right there is my worst nightmare, Wayne with the Pats.

However, no team is going to give him a huge contract. But if he is going to get less, chances are, like most free agents that leave a team, they would rather take less to play with another team than the team they leave, ala Jake Scott and Kelvin Hayden. :(

Or, he may go to the Redskins to join his guys from the U - Santana Moss and the rookie Leonard Hankerson.

I thought Reggie was told that he would be taken care after this season. I recall BP saying that we take care of our guys like Reggie when their time comes.

He probably was told this before we knew that Peyton wasn't going to play and before we knew we were going to have a shot at the #1 seed. It is going to be very difficult under the salary cap to keep some of the veteran players who are in the final year of their contracts, pay Peyton, draft Luck and pay him to sit on the bench, and fill a lot of the wholes that we have on defense. I see a bunch of UDFAs and castaways from other teams on our roster next year which means our secondary and special teams will suffer yet again. If Peyton can come back and cover all of this team's deficiencies next year, he show be a sure win for MVP.

I really, really, REALLY like Reggie Wayne. I hope he stays and retires as a Colt. (Same thing for Robert Mathis.) But if he wants to be paid like a #1 receiver (anywhere near the $10 million a year that the top guys are getting, or more), we'll have to bid him adieu. Pains me to say, but I think that's the smart money.

Earlier on in the season i thought the colts would definitely bring back wayne but now i dont really see that... wayne was and still is a great WR but he's lost his step on receivers... he was never a speedster but we have all seen what garcon can do and if the colts found another guy like that it would only make the offense that much more explosive... question is is it worth bringing back wayne?... looking at it now i dont think so.

http://tracking.si.c...ame-with-colts/

I hope he does go, because he is a WR2 on any other team and he shouldn't be paid top WR1 money

I hope he does go, because he is a WR2 on any other team and he shouldn't be paid top WR1 money

Reggie knows what he wants....

If he'll sign a contract with only two guaranteed years..I'd resign him at almost any reasonable amount

If he wants 3 of 4 years guaranteed....management wont go for that......and he surely knows it

This is a tough one for me and is really dependent on if Manning is back and if we draft Luck. Regardless, if Reggie walks, the Colts have to either draft or bring in a #1 WR. I'm a Pierre supporter, and I think he has made a ton of progress this year by cutting drops way down, etc., but he is not and never will be a #1 WR. Polian did say at the beginning of the year that Reggie, Mathis, and Pierre are the main free agent priorities after the season, but obviously that was before he was facing the decision to either begin a complete rebuild with Luck or make a run at some titles over the next 4 years.

Here's to hoping for a home win and Reggie Wayne TD just in case he's never in the home blues again! He will always be one of my favorite Colts. Maybe he'll pull out the hard hat tonight!