Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

03-27-15 mock draft

Colts trade their 2015 4th (128) and 2016 5th to Seattle for their 4th (112)

1 (29) Carl Davis DE

2 (61) Quinten Rollins CB/S

3 (93) Jamil Douglas OG

4 (112) Paul Dawson ILB

5 (165) Clayton Geathers SS

6 (204) Darren Waller WR

6 (206) Derrick Lott DL

7 (244) Cam Thomas CB

7 (255) Junior Sylvestre OLB

I think there will be a better lineman at 29 than Carl Davis (I'm not as high on him as you and Dustin apparently are).  I would prefer to get his teammate Louis Trinca-Pasat in the fourth over Carl Davis in the first.

I agree with RealityIsLuck that Dawson more than likely won't slip to pick 112.  It technically COULD happen, but it's such a remote posibility that I would never plan for it in my mocks.

I also think you picked Jamil Douglas a few rounds early (just my opinion).

I love the Rollins and Geathers picks.  Both are players I hope we're targeting.  Swap Eddie Goldman into Carl Davis' spot, Rob Havenstein into Jamil Douglas' spot, and Hayes Pullard into Paul Dawson's spot and I would be ecstatic.

Colts trade their 2015 4th (128) and 2016 5th to Seattle for their 4th (112)

1 (29) Carl Davis DE

2 (61) Quinten Rollins CB/S

3 (93) Jamil Douglas OG

4 (112) Paul Dawson ILB

5 (165) Clayton Geathers SS

6 (204) Darren Waller WR

6 (206) Derrick Lott DL

7 (244) Cam Thomas CB

7 (255) Junior Sylvestre OLB

Paul Dawson isn't making it out of the Second round. Probably won't even be there for the Colts pick in the 2nd

I like the Carl Davis pick

I like the Dawson pick, but in round 2 ( you may need to trade the 3rd to get there)

With the Mathis slow heal, and the FA ILB pick up, we may go with the best pass rushing OLB

Available in the 2nd

Jamil is listed as a"finesse" player....that "needs to get stronger"....... I want maulers at guard

I love the S Geathers pick but in 4

I think there will be a better lineman at 29 than Carl Davis (I'm not as high on him as you and Dustin apparently are).  I would prefer to get his teammate Louis Trinca-Pasat in the fourth over Carl Davis in the first.

I agree with RealityIsLuck that Dawson more than likely won't slip to pick 112.  It technically COULD happen, but it's such a remote posibility that I would never plan for it in my mocks.

I love the Rollins and Geathers picks.  Both are players I hope we're targeting.  Swap Eddie Goldman into Carl Davis' spot, Rob Havenstein into Jamil Douglas' spot, and Hayes Pullard into Paul Dawson's spot and I would be ecstatic.

Was actually just going to make a thread about Louis Trinca-Pasat!!!

I was rewatching some Carl Davis tape and this kid popped, literally I tried to not focus on him but he made me... Very, very underrated. I've heard NADA about him so far. 

So, so, so much potential.

Pasat no thanks, I like Davis strong againest the run. Pasat is more of a 4/3 guy!

Really like the players in this draft just some value problems IMO, big fan of Davis in the first I believe he is very underrated by a lot of members. Rollins is a solid corner pickup with the traits to possibly convert to safety as well. Douglas is solid, but there might be better value at OG in the third than him but wouldn't mind that pick. However, no way Dawson falls to the 4th especially after his pro day times. He was a solid early 3rd rounder after the combine due to film alone, and after his pro day he is a definite 2nd rounder. Lott is a solid sleeper pick late in the draft, and a personal favorite. All and all good draft.

Pasat no thanks, I like Davis strong againest the run. Pasat is more of a 4/3 guy!

True enough.  Trinca-Pasat is about ten-to-fifteen pounds lighter than we look for in a DT (and he wouldn't come close to being big enough to be our nose), but he already excels at occupying blockers and pulling stunts.  I think we could get him later in the draft, add some weight to him, teach him some pass rush moves, and plug him at DT (or even DE) in a year or so.

If I had my choice of Davis or Trinca-Pasat, I would choose Davis everytime.  My point was that I think Trinca-Pasat (being around a fourth round pick) is a better value than Carl Davis (who won't make it to our second).

True enough.  Trinca-Pasat is about ten-to-fifteen pounds lighter than we look for in a DT (and he wouldn't come close to being big enough to be our nose), but he already excels at occupying blockers and pulling stunts.  I think we could get him later in the draft, add some weight to him, teach him some pass rush moves, and plug him at DT (or even DE) in a year or so.

If I had my choice of Davis or Trinca-Pasat, I would choose Davis everytime.  My point was that I think Trinca-Pasat (being around a fourth round pick) is a better value than Carl Davis (who won't make it to our second).

Maybe But I think Davis is a sure thing as he will be a good solid at least player. Trinca-Pasat is a maybe in our system. More hope he gets drafted by a 4/3 team so he gets a shot.

Exactly

He has the best tape of any ILB. If Borland can succeed being under six feet, Dawson can succeed at 6 feet. He ran faster at his pro day. Not many people are taking into account his combine now, just enough that he won't be picked in the first round like some had mocked not too long ago.