Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will the Seahawks go to their third straight Super Bowl?

Flash7

At the moment, it appears that the Seattle is the team to beat in the NFC. Their division is devoid of another talented QB. Palmer is often injured (as most QBs in Arians' system often are), and we have yet to see what Foles will be like with the Rams. The Forty Niners are falling apart and Kaepernick is not a great passer. It appears that the division will be won by Seattle once again. of course, anything can happen.

Do you think Seattle will make it to the Super Bowl 3-years in a row, and if not, who is their main competition? Green Bay?

At the moment, it appears that the Seattle is the team to beat in the NFC. Their division is devoid of another talented QB. Palmer is often injured (as most QBs in Arians' system often are), and we have yet to see what Foles will be like with the Rams. The Forty Niners are falling apart and Kaepernick is not a great passer. It appears that the division will be won by Seattle once again. of course, anything can happen.

Do you think Seattle will make it to the Super Bowl 3-years in a row, and if not, who is their main competition? Green Bay?

They will be back barring injuries and Iʻm praying the Colts will be there too....GO COLTS!

No. The odds were already stacked against them last year going back for a second time. I don't see their division as a cake walk either. Arizona had a three game lead last year late even without Palmer. St Louis will be better just by having Foles at QB IMO and San Fran will be lurking although given the amount of turnover they have experienced probably not a legit contender.

In terms of the conference, there are lots of contending teams, i.e. Green Bay, Dallas, Detroit, Philly and possibly the Giants too.

I do think we have to wait until after FA and the draft to really determine things but I don't see the Hawks getting back. I also think Wilson may struggle more this year as teams copy what the Packers and Patriots did in the post-season to force him to beat them from the pocket.

No. They were fortunate to make it last year.

49ers decide to self implode

Cardinals lose their 1st and 2nd string QBs after building 3 game lead in division

First rd of playoffs they host a sub 500 team

Packers hand them nfc championship game

But they have a boatload of talent, so it wouldn't be a shocker if they made it back.

No. The odds were already stacked against them last year going back for a second time. I don't see their division as a cake walk either. Arizona had a three game lead last year late even without Palmer. St Louis will be better just by having Foles at QB IMO and San Fran will be lurking although given the amount of turnover they have experienced probably not a legit contender.

In terms of the conference, there are lots of contending teams, i.e. Green Bay, Dallas, Detroit, Philly and possibly the Giants too.

I do think we have to wait until after FA and the draft to really determine things but I don't see the Hawks getting back. I also think Wilson may struggle more this year as teams copy what the Packers and Patriots did in the post-season to force him to beat them from the pocket.

Respectfully, last years odds are no longer relevant, correct? They have already made it to the Super Bowl two years in a row. 

Looking forward, I would start with their division and place them at the top. Within their division, I do not see SF as a contender. That leaves the Rams and Cardinals. The Rams have a new QB coming off of an injury. This is a wild card because we do not know how well he will do in their system. The Cardinals are a good team and their QB situation is also shaky as they are relying on Palmer to rebound from a knee injury. The last time Palmer returned from a knee injury he was not good, which is understandable. 

With the addition of Jimmy Graham their offense should be harder to defend. I also think their defense will remain strong. So, in short I see them making it to the playoffs at the very least. And we all know that anything can happen in the playoffs.

As for waiting for the draft, agreed. Things definitely can change between now and then, but for the sake of discussion in the off season, let's go by their current situation.

Respectfully, last years odds are no longer relevant, correct? They have already made it to the Super Bowl two years in a row. 

Looking forward, I would start with their division and place them at the top. Within their division, I do not see SF as a contender. That leaves the Rams and Cardinals. The Rams have a new QB coming off of an injury. This is a wild card because we do not know how well he will do in their system. The Cardinals are a good team and their QB situation is also shaky as they are relying on Palmer to rebound from a knee injury. The last time Palmer returned from a knee injury he was not good, which is understandable. 

With the addition of Jimmy Graham their offense should be harder to defend. I also think their defense will remain strong. So, in short I see them making it to the playoffs at the very least. And we all know that anything can happen in the playoffs.

As for waiting for the draft, agreed. Things definitely can change between now and then, but for the sake of discussion in the off season, let's go by their current situation.

I think they are in the toughest division in the NFC because Arizona and St. Louis will be tough for them to beat out. I also think natural attrition plays in here. It is hard for teams to remain hungry and get back. I can certainly see them winning the West in a dog fight but you asked about getting back to the Super Bowl. I don't think that happens this year.

Initially, I was gonna say no. However, I know how RW's mind works. He will be on a mission to rectify that one fatal pass vs NE in the SB not to mention that HC Pete Carroll doesn't like his decision making being questioned across the NFL landscape. Both Pete & RW are incredibly driven to right last season's wrong. They could easily go on a serious playoffs run on defense too because I don't think Richard Sherman liked the idea among some in the media that the Hawks locker room was going to turn on their franchise QB & there is no rift between Lynch & RW either. That's tabloid nonsense in my estimation. 

I know 3 consecutive SB appearances is a tall order & a statistical unlikelihood, but how the SB went down in flames for Seattle ticks guys off & that resentment can propel you a long way forward so yeah, I could see him doing it as a self imposed disrespect card that that entire football team is driven to avenge swiftly & decisively. 

NE darn near did it in 2007 after SpyGate broke. That whole locker room said "Screw the darn media. I've got my Foxboro brother's back & let's go kick some caboose." And they almost pulled it off to perfection man. Hunker down, go week to week, & see where the dust settles in the end Seattle. 

Jimmy Graham is my 1 question mark for Seattle because he has good size & hands, but dare I say Jimmy's soft to me & not all that tough to me. I'm hoping that Chancellor & Sherman can remove his timidness a little bit & make him more intimidating with more fire in his belly. Jimmy's got the athleticism; He just needs a mental toughness transplant makeover to me. 

No. They were fortunate to make it last year.

49ers decide to self implode

Cardinals lose their 1st and 2nd string QBs after building 3 game lead in division

First rd of playoffs they host a sub 500 team

Packers hand them nfc championship game

But they have a boatload of talent, so it wouldn't be a shocker if they made it back.

True, but they were one bonehead play from going back to back in the superbowl

Will the Seahawks make it to their 3rd straight Superbowl?  Yes. 

We haven't had the Draft yet, but so far the Seahawks have improved more than Green Bay.  The Packers were fortunate just to maintain what they already had with several key players. If they are able to have a tremendous Draft (and that is very likely with the quality GM they have), then they could stake their claim as Seattle's toughest opponent in the NFC, but Seattle also has one of the best GMs as well.

I think you have to wonder too how much that play call in the SB will haunt them ... that can be tough to get over.

Yeah, it could go either way crippling that team or galvanizing them to unprecented heights.  The 1 good thing about RW is that he will maintain the pain of the SB loss without being paralyzed by it. 

It's a challenge to him not an albatross around his neck. I know I was tough on RW this season, but I rooting for him now because of so many game holes & bad situations I saw him dig the WI Badgers out of. He proved something to me in that GB playoffs game: He can erase bad quarters with 1 timely throw & he just doesn't get rattled easily. RW's poise in the pocket is amazing. It just is. He's just so instinctual & he moves just enough to create running lanes & throwing lanes. I don't know how he does it, but he's a natural at keeping drives alive. 

Seattle barely beat Green Bay after they blew a perfect game in what would have easily been a blow out had they not taken their foot off the gas.

Seattle's time could easily be over. They were heavily exposed all last year for how weak their offense was. From the time they lost to Dallas, they did not play another quality quarterback until the playoffs when a Rodgers at 50% should have beaten them. 

They'll be in the playoffs and it's next to impossible to win at their asylum stadium during the playoffs. However, I think their time is about to end. 

All the talk about that one play in the SB misses the point. That team needed a complete full melt down by the Packers to get there. If Brady don't throw that first interception in the end zone in the first quarter, the Pats would have won that game by double digits. 

This team needed all the luck in the world to get there a second time. I don't see them going a third year in a row. 

Seattle barely beat Green Bay after they blew a perfect game in what would have easily been a blow out had they not taken their foot off the gas.

Seattle's time could easily be over. They were heavily exposed all last year for how weak their offense was. From the time they lost to Dallas, they did not play another quality quarterback until the playoffs when a Rodgers at 50% should have beaten them. 

They'll be in the playoffs and it's next to impossible to win at their asylum stadium during the playoffs. However, I think their time is about to end. 

All the talk about that one play in the SB misses the point. That team needed a complete full melt down by the Packers to get there. If Brady don't throw that first interception in the end zone in the first quarter, the Pats would have won that game by double digits. 

This team needed all the luck in the world to get there a second time. I don't see them going a third year in a row. 

Look, I was as upset as anybody was over that botched onside kick recovery that didn't materialize like I wanted it to, but GB left Seattle in that game failing to step on their throat & end the game with no overtime. 

GB lost to Seattle & RW exploited the opportunity special teams gave him. Mike McCarthy blew it yes, but the Pacific NW earned their bid to the SB Bogie. 

If you wanna say the Hawks won't get to the SB this year that's fine, but they are not done competing for SBs not by a longshot. 

If the Rams get their quarterback situation figured out this year I don't think Seattle goes back.

Rams have already proven they can beat Seattle, and they do not fear Seattle.  Plus the Panthers

are going to make some heavy investments in the offense this year so that's another team knocking

on the Seahawks door.  Not too mention the improvements the Cardinals will make, then there's the

Cowboys and of course you have Green Bay getting even stronger.  I don't like Seattles chances.

Look, I was as upset as anybody was over that botched onside kick recovery that didn't materialize like I wanted it to, but GB left Seattle in that game failing to step on their throat & end the game with no overtime. 

GB lost to Seattle & RW exploited the opportunity special teams gave him. Mike McCarthy blew it yes, but the Pacific NW earned their bid to the SB Bogie. 

If you wanna say the Hawks won't get to the SB this year that's fine, but they are not done competing for SBs not by a longshot. 

Rodgers pick in the end zone....had that been a FG in the first quarter, GB wins. 

That team is incredibly lucky. I just don't see them going back to the SB. Eventually someone will keep up with them and figure them out. They're not bullet proof. Both GB and NE showed the world that in the SB.

It bothers me that the Patriots get no credit for their win over those guys. All people want to talk about is that last play (which probably wouldn't have happened if the circus catch didn't happen) 

Rodgers pick in the end zone....had that been a FG in the first quarter, GB wins. 

That team is incredibly lucky. I just don't see them going back to the SB. Eventually someone will keep up with them and figure them out. They're not bullet proof. Both GB and NE showed the world that in the SB.

It bothers me that the Patriots get no credit for their win over those guys. All people want to talk about is that last play (which probably wouldn't have happened if the circus catch didn't happen) 

Funny how that works. Posters on all forums alwaysy go by one play.  Could have sworn there was a game of 60+ plays...

I don't think Seattle gets there this year. Just too hard to go 3. Certainly not impossible however with a top defense.

In the 1st QTR, both teams are just sizing each other up letting the game come to them. I'm never gonna hold a team accountable for anything in the 1st 15 minutes. It's usually irrelevant unless your opponent is up by 3 TDs & your team just isn't gelling right now.

Yes, RW was lucky, but he still made the plays when he had too. It's why we all watch football to go "How in the world did he complete that pass?" Wow. No, GB didn't show Seattle anything. They lost fair & square because they failed to finish especially that pick where the dude just slid down to the ground with like 4-5 minutes left.  I don't honor losers or praise them for failing to seal the deal. 

There are no moral victories in football; No nobility in any loss & close only counts in horse shoes, hand grenades, & nuclear weapons firing.

Everybody knows NE are 4 time SB Champions. They are getting their respect; they hoisted the Lombardi trophy above their head & Tommy was named SB MVP. I admire their franchise & I don't see them not getting praise as a dominant powerhouse franchise myself. 

I will concede your point you made previously Bogie in other threads that Tom Brady beating Seattle in a SB must just get under Peyton Manning's skin something fierce though. He will never live that down. Ouch, that's gotta hurt. 

Okay, maybe you meant that Aaron Rogers proved in his SB against the Steelers that the Big Dance doesn't scare him. I'll buy that & someday I wanna see Rogers & Brady square off in a SB. That would be riveting television man. 2 QBs you can never 2nd guess or under estimate because they are so darn clutch & can make every throw imaginable. 

Why not. Buffalo went to 4 in a row losing them all. They have the talent....they have a great young qb and a lot of guys in their prime. It will be difficult....I think they have more challengers than NE does in the AFC but both if they remain healthy at the key positions should be back in the SB together. One can actually argue Seattle might be a more complete team this year with the addition of graham and the young receivers that they are developing. Sure they lost maxwell but they still have a great defense. They lost a TON in the SB when Jeremy lane went down...I think they also lost Irving too or was it avril....one of their pass rushers too but mostly their slot corner. They won't be quite as good likely but they are improving more on offense as wilson continues to grow and he gets more weapons. GB will be great competition but I favor SEA if at home. Long way to go but I think the champs return for a repeat performance next year.

Why not. Buffalo went to 4 in a row losing them all. They have the talent....they have a great young qb and a lot of guys in their prime. It will be difficult....I think they have more challengers than NE does in the AFC but both if they remain healthy at the key positions should be back in the SB together. One can actually argue Seattle might be a more complete team this year with the addition of graham and the young receivers that they are developing. Sure they lost maxwell but they still have a great defense. They lost a TON in the SB when Jeremy lane went down...I think they also lost Irving too or was it avril....one of their pass rushers too but mostly their slot corner. They won't be quite as good likely but they are improving more on offense as wilson continues to grow and he gets more weapons. GB will be great competition but I favor SEA if at home. Long way to go but I think the champs return for a repeat performance next year.

Nice post dgb. 

The Rams are the Seahawks biggest foes in my opinion in the NFC West because of their defense & now a mobile QB named Nick Foles who won't be as timid as Sam Bradford was with pressure collapsing the pocket. 

Nice post dgb. 

The Rams are the Seahawks biggest foes in my opinion in the NFC West because of their defense & now a mobile QB named Nick Foles who won't be as timid as Sam Bradford was with pressure collapsing the pocket.

i think they will be tested....but I know not of this mythical nick foles you seem to speak of lol.

i think they will be tested....but I know not of this mythical nick foles you seem to speak of lol.

Touche. Apparently, that honeymoon period was short lived for Nick. Eh Jeff...

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2015-03-27/st-louis-rams-draft-quarterback-nick-foles-nfl-draft-2015-winston-mariota-hundley-petty

“It’s our intention to draft one." Sorry about that Mr. Foles. So much for job security. 

Touche. Apparently, that honeymoon period was short lived for Nick. Eh Jeff...

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2015-03-27/st-louis-rams-draft-quarterback-nick-foles-nfl-draft-2015-winston-mariota-hundley-petty

“It’s our intention to draft one." Sorry about that Mr. Foles. So much for job security. 

I think Nick can be servicable...but I wouldn't put all my eggs in that basket. I think Chip had a good idea of what he had with Foles and he wasn't the long term answer there for the offense that Chip wants to run. I do think he can be pretty good in an offense tailored to his strengths. Not sure Nick will be that fit in STL but I understand why both teams made the move.

Maybe

I am more willing to lean towards the Packers this year though but they often have a way of blowing it. But, the Packers one of these years again with Rodgers "should" make it back or else it will be a giant letdown.

SB losers tend to never make it back though......keep this in mind. Someone is bound to show up in the NFC. A few teams. Problem is these are sometimes teams notorious for choke jobs like the Pack or the Cowboys.

Seattle I think will do well with Graham on offense too. Problem is I am always every single year VERY hesitant to put the SB winner back in the SB. 

All this talk about the Seahawks returning to the Super Bowl 3 times in a row? (yes, I know it is the thread) Also, about New England and it's possibility to be there again is all well and good ... however ... (in my best Jimmy Johnson voice) ... How 'bout dem C O L T B O Y S?

All this talk about the Seahawks returning to the Super Bowl 3 times in a row? (yes, I know it is the thread) Also, about New England and it's possibility to be there again is all well and good ... however ... (in my best Jimmy Johnson voice) ... How 'bout dem C O L T B O Y S?

I think the Patriots have a better chance to make it back than the Seahawks. They have an easier division than the Hawks and an easier conference by a lot. I think the AFC is really only a battle of a few teams - Pats, Ravens, Colts, Steelers.

I think the Patriots have a better chance to make it back than the Seahawks. They have an easier division than the Hawks and an easier conference by a lot. I think the AFC is really only a battle of a few teams - Pats, Ravens, Colts, Steelers.

I wouldn't count denver out, but their offense lost a lot of its potency. All they have left is Emmanuel Sanders and demarius Thomas, which us still a great duo but Peyton isn't going to have the luxury of 4 elite talents now.

It's going to be a lot easier to defend their offensive attack

Defensively, Ware isn't getting any younger and they lost their biggest impact defensive lineman

I wouldn't count denver out, but their offense lost a lot of its potency. All they have left is Emmanuel Sanders and demarius Thomas, which us still a great duo but Peyton isn't going to have the luxury of 4 elite talents now.

It's going to be a lot easier to defend their offensive attack

Defensively, Ware isn't getting any younger and they lost their biggest impact defensive lineman

Yeah, I think with all the change in Denver I just don't see them as a legit threat. Of course that could change come Sept when we see the team perform but I do think teams like the Colts and Ravens are ahead of them right now. I think KC and SD could give them a run in the West as well although I do believe Denver will win the West.

This very well may be, amfootball. Certainly all the teams you mention above definitely have at the very least a shot at it.

As difficult as it is to go to three straight Super Bowls, I don't think you can rule it out. If Seattle earns HFA for the playoffs again they will be tough to beat. 

Will they? If I had to guess, no. Based mostly on precedent here. 

Maybe

I am more willing to lean towards the Packers this year though but they often have a way of blowing it. But, the Packers one of these years again with Rodgers "should" make it back or else it will be a giant letdown.

SB losers tend to never make it back though......keep this in mind. Someone is bound to show up in the NFC. A few teams. Problem is these are sometimes teams notorious for choke jobs like the Pack or the Cowboys.

Seattle I think will do well with Graham on offense too. Problem is I am always every single year VERY hesitant to put the SB winner back in the SB. 

Yes, that's the best argument for not coming back to the SB 3 times in a row...The residual hangover of losing that messes with your psyche. When INDY lost to the Saints in 2009, I saw this pick everywhere all off season...

https://youtu.be/jVsPlOp5YvE

My point is this: You can't get over something if all you ever see is the final stake driven into Dracula's symbolic heart. You can't get over something that is ubiquitous & displayed on every technological device in the United States until next September. 

Yes, that's the best argument for not coming back to the SB 3 times in a row...The residual hangover of losing that messes with your psyche. When INDY lost to the Saints in 2009, I saw this pick everywhere all off season...

My point is this: You can't get over something if all you ever see is the final stake driven in Dracula's heart. 

I think what is maybe tougher for the Seahawks SW is that they will never know what might have happened if Lynch got the ball. They have to live with feeling like they would have won had Carroll made a better play call. I am not sure if there is a harder thing to get over than that.

At least the play you posted was just a great play by the Saints. Same way I feel about David Tyree's catch. Just a great play. But when you lose and you did not go after it with your best play/player that has to be brutal.