Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Paul Dawson Improves 40 Time

TCU linebacker Paul Dawson's performance at the NFL Scouting Combine was noteworthy in its mediocrity. It received so much attention that Dawson felt obligated to respond on Twitter.

The good news for Dawson is that he looked noticeably better Friday at TCU's pro day. Specifically, his time in the 40-yard dash improved significantly from 4.93, which could be reassuring for teams that were questioning his athleticism after the combine.

LB Paul Dawson timed from 4.78 to 4.82 in 40 at TCU's pro day, improving on combine time (4.93); obviously, a big help for him.

â Gil Brandt (@Gil_Brandt)

March 27, 2015

Despite his combine showing, Dawson (6-foot-0 1/8, 235 pounds) remains a favorite of some teams and he likely will be one of the first linebackers -- excluding edge rushers -- off the board.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000481831/article/tcus-paul-dawson-turns-in-much-better-clocking-in-40-at-pro-day

TCU linebacker Paul Dawson's performance at the NFL Scouting Combine was noteworthy in its mediocrity. It received so much attention that Dawson felt obligated to respond on Twitter.

The good news for Dawson is that he looked noticeably better Friday at TCU's pro day. Specifically, his time in the 40-yard dash improved significantly from 4.93, which could be reassuring for teams that were questioning his athleticism after the combine.

LB Paul Dawson timed from 4.78 to 4.82 in 40 at TCU's pro day, improving on combine time (4.93); obviously, a big help for him.

â Gil Brandt (@Gil_Brandt)
March 27, 2015

Despite his combine showing, Dawson (6-foot-0 1/8, 235 pounds) remains a favorite of some teams and he likely will be one of the first linebackers -- excluding edge rushers -- off the board.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000481831/article/tcus-paul-dawson-turns-in-much-better-clocking-in-40-at-pro-day

I wonder if he weighed in at pro day, and if so, how much. He looked soggy around the middle at the Combine.

I wonder if he weighed in at pro day, and if so, how much. He looked soggy around the middle at the Combine.

Supe join the club, I was wondering the same thing.  Looked like he was out of shape when I watched it.