Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If Oak and SD both moved to LA....

oldunclemark

I think both teams would actually enjoy that.  It wouldn't be 4 times.  It would just be twice in the same stadium since both division games would be in the same place.  But I think the teams would actually enjoy that.  A road game would essentially be a home game.  Less traveling, more consistency

I think both teams would actually enjoy that. It wouldn't be 4 times. It would just be twice in the same stadium since both division games would be in the same place. But I think the teams would actually enjoy that. A road game would essentially be a home game. Less traveling, more consistency

But would it be seen as unfair to other teams?

I think both teams would actually enjoy that.  It wouldn't be 4 times.  It would just be twice in the same stadium since both division games would be in the same place.  But I think the teams would actually enjoy that.  A road game would essentially be a home game.  Less traveling, more consistency

Good point...gentlemen...it wouldn't be 4 times, would it?

....KC and Denver would travel ..

I read an article a couple of weeks ago and it said if those teams were to move to LA there would be 4 teams that would switch divisions. It listed the 4 teams but I cant remember who the other two were. As best as I can recall there would be one team switch to the NFC while the other moved to the AFC.

That would be dumb for both teams to move. San Diego needs a team. Oakland or the Jags, or Rams or somebody needs to go to LA.

I agree.....when the dust settles I hope its the Chargers in San Diego, the Raiders and Rams in Los Angeles and the 49ers stay put in the Bay Area.

Having said that.....the City of San Diego better get their heads out of their  :censored:   ASAP and figure out a stadium deal.

I think it would be better if St. Louis simply moved back to LA..

The Raiders aren't the Raiders of they aren't in Oakland

I believe the Rams are definitely going.  They're lame ducks in St. Louis. 

It would be weird if the Raiders left again but it's a possibility.   Personally, I think there's a race between SD and Oakland to see who can beat the other one there.  Whoever is last, stays put for now and LA can't do three teams.  I could see Oakland fitting in there better with the fan base.  If SD goes, however, Oakland should consider Las Vegas or Sacramento.  

I agree.....when the dust settles I hope its the Chargers in San Diego, the Raiders and Rams in Los Angeles and the 49ers stay put in the Bay Area.

Having said that.....the City of San Diego better get their heads out of their  :censored:   ASAP and figure out a stadium deal.

Yeah, I don't understand that one....

San Diego isn't bankrupt (as a city) are they? That stadium is older than dirt

Yeah, I don't understand that one....

San Diego isn't bankrupt (as a city) are they? That stadium is older than dirt

Nope.....just complicated stadium politics as usual, but its dragged on way too long and Kroenke doesn't sound like he's messing around with these L.A. plans.

Spanos is no prize either....but the city managed to get the Petco Stadium deal done for the Padres, and you're right....Qualcomm is an absolute toilet and needs to be bulldozed.

I spend alot of time in SD and love the place. I'd hate to see them lose the Chargers.

That would be dumb for both teams to move. San Diego needs a team. Oakland or the Jags, or Rams or somebody needs to go to LA.

I live in San Diego and I can say that we don't need a team. We don't deserve a team. Come to a chargers game and over half the people in the stadium are fans from the other team regardless of what team it is.

I live in San Diego and I can say that we don't need a team. We don't deserve a team. Come to a chargers game and over half the people in the stadium are fans from the other team regardless of what team it is.

If I lived in San Diego I would only care about the weather and Comic Con. Football wouldn't even be on the priority list. Alas I live in VA, which may be the most boring state in the union.

Maybe, but L.A. is no different....its part and parcel of people flocking to Southern California from other places.

We both know that a whole ton of folks are here in SoCal from somewhere else and generally bring their football allegiances with them.

San Diego struggles to support their team now. It will be worse once a team moves to LA.

It's too bad, but I think the Chargers are leaving.

At least you live in the USA and can watch football at normal times........... haha

Yeah, I feel bad for you, HCF, & BHC who have to watch Colts games at the wee hours of the morning overseas. That's why I always believe Colts loyalty outside the Hoosier State needs to be recognized & honored as frequently as possible. 

4 games instead of 4 times in their HOME stadium.  Season ticketholders would be different for both teams too making for a HOME field???

I think it is a wash.  I do not believe Raider fans want to go to all of the Chargers games either and vice versa.  Now I am getting corn-fused  :hairout:  :nutz:

What do you mean "It will be worse once a team moves to LA"?

The Chargers think 25% of their ticket buying fanbase is from the greater LA area, and that if there's a team back in LA, many of those fans will stop going to San Diego to see games.

If I lived in San Diego I would only care about the weather and Comic Con. Football wouldn't even be on the priority list. Alas I live in VA, which may be the most boring state in the union.

But is that any different than LA.......seriously...isnt that what folsk said about LA fans..

I'm lost if the two teams shared a stadium in LA and stayed in the AFC west then yes they would play four times each team gets a home and away even if they are in the same stadium

where are you getting four from? the teams only play each other twice regardless of the stadium. it's just that both of their away games against each other will be in the same stadium.

I'm lost if the two teams shared a stadium in LA and stayed in the AFC west then yes they would play four times each team gets a home and away even if they are in the same stadium

I made the same mistake...CF.. Its actually 2...

Now what would happen is that SD and Oak (if they BOTH moved to LA) would play 9 games (of 16) on their home field every year.

It would be advantage for them because they'd travel less.

..and if Denver and KC ever played at SD/Oak in back-to-back weeks..they could go to LA and stay there 2 weeks. Sweet.