Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who do you want at starting Center next season? (Poll)

TKnight24

Pagano on if Holmes will start at C: smiles and says he has competition. Harrison played too. "Those guys know how we roll."

— Steve Andress (@ColtsReporter)

March 24, 2015

Chuck Pagano says the center position will have great competition in 2015. Mentions Khaled Holmes and Jonotthan Harrison as the leading duo.

— Kevin Bowen (@KBowenColts)

March 24, 2015

So, with those comments in mind...... Who's your pick?

A- Khaled Holmes

B- Jonathan Harrison

C- FA/Draft

D- CFL Lineman

E- Waiting on Jeff Saturday to get called in

(Apologies for the manual poll, the forum supported poll isn't available on my android phone

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Between Holmes and Harrison, I'll go with Holmes easily. Holmes was much better than Harrison, and should continue to get better. I wouldn't mind drafting Irving either, but I'd hate to use a 1st on him with our needs on the D-Line. If he fell out of the 1st I'd like to see us trade up for him at the top of the 2nd.

Between Holmes and Harrison, I'll go with Holmes easily. Holmes was much better than Harrison, and should continue to get better. I wouldn't mind drafting Irving either, but I'd hate to use a 1st on him with our needs on the D-Line. If he fell out of the 1st I'd like to see us trade up for him at the top of the 2nd.

What quality D-Line would be available when we pick?

Maybe Malcom Brown from Texas?

But I have the AFC South (outside of the Titans cause they're taking Mariota) all taking defense with their first picks

They're now focused on stopping Andrew

Texans are already off to a goof start with the Wilfork signing and the Clowney being healthy possibility looming

god no harrison.

Yeah, didn't understand Chuck's comments "Those guy's know how we roll"

What? The C you benched still had a shot to compete with the C that was on the shelf and stepped in and looked pretty good even though it was a small sample size?

I expect Holmes to be the starter heading into TC with it being his job to lose which he won't....... but you never know with this coaching staff

Yeah, didn't understand Chuck's comments "Those guy's know how we roll"

What? The C you benched still had a shot to compete with the C that was on the shelf and stepped in and looked pretty good even though it was a small sample size?

I expect Holmes to be the starter heading into TC with it being his job to lose which he won't....... but you never know with this coaching staff

im starting to think the colts have a personal vendetta with holmes. the guy is no doubt the best option at center and yet he keeps getting benched for lesser guys like harrison shipley and satale 

Pagano on if Holmes will start at C: smiles and says he has competition. Harrison played too. "Those guys know how we roll."

March 24, 2015

Chuck Pagano says the center position will have great competition in 2015. Mentions Khaled Holmes and Jonotthan Harrison as the leading duo.

March 24, 2015

A- Khaled Holmes

B- Jonathan Harrison

C- FA/Draft

D- CFL Lineman

(Apologies for the manual poll, the forum supported poll isn't available on my android phone )  :Cry:

:coltslogo:

In reference to the Pagano tweet: So the players know that if the coaching staff likes them, they'll play them regardless if they suck or not? Lol 

They only "figured out" the best combo on O-Line because of injuries. It's not like they experimented. 

Seriously though, 

Khaled Holmes for Center! 

Harrison for guard depth. 

I would like for Holmes to be the center, not because Harrison isn't good, but because I wold like for Holmes to improve and retain the starting position. That's what competition is supposed to do -- make you better through competition. I hope that the choice comes down to a good center in Harrison and an even better center in Holmes.

In reference to the Pagano tweet: So the players know that if the coaching staff likes them, they'll play them regardless if they suck or not? Lol

They only "figured out" the best combo on O-Line because of injuries. It's not like they experimented.

Seriously though,

My sentiments exactly. Pagano is just too nice imo. Great guy, but not a "no nonsense" kinda coach. That's what we need. A coach that will have your butt on the pine if you don't perform. Not keep our out there and hope you eventually get it

Seriously though, 

Yeah, that is not what Pagano's tweet says at all.

My sentiments exactly. Pagano is just too nice imo. Great guy, but not a "no nonsense" kinda coach. That's what we need. A coach that will have your butt on the pine if you don't perform. Not keep our out there and hope you eventually get it

Dear God...

Chuck has held this turnaround together mostly by being a Players coach and us being 17-1 in this Dismal AFC South.

He seems better at his job with the experience. Go Chuck!

Holmes should be fine as a starter and Harrison showed he has plenty of tools to be a good starter if he works hard at it. There is no reason to think he won`t work hard, IMO.

Let us and whomever our Center is pray that we finally have good guard play in Year 4 of the Grigson Regime.

I love how everyone likes to nit pick on my posts when they know what I meant. fine was started over. that better

The "ignore list" on this forum is a great tool to fight those people with haha

I use it almost weekly, 3 pages almost of ignored users. You can't see what they post, makes life easier :thmup:

:scoregood:

if it becomes possible i would like to see us trade up to # 20 or # 21 and get landon collins to fill our safety needs. a lot of mocks have him going to the steelers at 22, but some have him going at 9 to the giants. so i guess if he is still available at 20 or 21 trade up for him .

But if not, I would like to see us get Shaq Thompson or Eli Harold OLB/DE from Virginia

but to answer the question, Holmes

The "ignore list" on this forum is a great tool to fight those people with haha

I use it almost weekly, 3 pages almost of ignored users. You can't see what they post, makes life easier :thmup:

:scoregood:

I assume you won't see this since I have to believe I am on your ignore list - but just in case - two points.

1) If you have 3 pages of ignored users, who are you actually communicating with?

2) It seems to me you limit your ability to learn about the game/team by having so many on the ignore list.  Why would you elect to limit that?

To be honest I'm preparing for a starting lineup of Castanzo, Mewhort, Harrison, Herremans, and Cherilus with U. John, Thomas, Holmes, Thorton, and Reitz as backups.

If Cherilus can return to form, that looks like a pretty good crew to me.  Except I think Holmes will start over Harrison.

March 24, 2015

March 24, 2015

A- Khaled Holmes

B- Jonathan Harrison

C- FA/Draft

D- CFL Lineman

(Apologies for the manual poll, the forum supported poll isn't available on my android phone ) :Cry:

:coltslogo:

Khaled Holmes