Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts gain a 7th from Compensatory picks

RealityIsLuck

Poor Big Ben, he knew that every time they put Archer in the backfield he was going to get blitzed.  The guy couldn't block anyone and they roll over him and crush Ben.

Archer is a 170 lbs soaking wet that would be like putting TY back there. Almost everyone knew that finding a way to get him the ball in space would be a challenge. I don't think that is a fair comparison.

Corey Grant is 5'11" 205 lbs and put up 225lbs 22x. He has played with the big boys in the SEC. He average 9.8 on 66 carries in 2013 behind a pretty good back in Tre Mason. I was surprised he didn't get more carries this year averaging 6.1 on 60 carries again behind a pretty good back in Artis-Payne. Grant also took on kick off to the house.

I am not saying he will be the next  Eric Metcalf or Dave Meggett. but he could be that kind of player.  I think he would be a good flier in the 6th or 7th. Someone will take a shot on him. I was hoping he'd be an UDFA but after his pro day I think he goes at the end of the draft.

Archer is a 170 lbs soaking wet that would be like putting TY back there. Almost everyone knew that finding a way to get him the ball in space would be a challenge. I don't think that is a fair comparison.

Corey Grant is 5'11" 205 lbs and put up 225lbs 22x. He has played with the big boys in the SEC. He average 9.8 on 66 carries in 2013 behind a pretty good back in Tre Mason. I was surprised he didn't get more carries this year averaging 6.1 on 60 carries again behind a pretty good back in Artis-Payne. Grant also took on kick off to the house.

I am not saying he will be the next  Eric Metcalf or Dave Meggett. but he could be that kind of player.  I think he would be a good flier in the 6th or 7th. Someone will take a shot on him. I was hoping he'd be an UDFA but after his pro day I think he goes at the end of the draft.

I'm all about Corey Grant. 

Sorry, I wasn't comparing Archer to anyone. Just making a comment on him.

All I know about Grant is that my Auburn friends weren't impressed. I don't know why he lost his reps, could have been a falling out with the coaches?

Sorry, I wasn't comparing Archer to anyone. Just making a comment on him.

All I know about Grant is that my Auburn friends weren't impressed. I don't know why he lost his reps, could have been a falling out with the coaches?

He didn't really lose reps they stayed about the same I was hoping for an increase when Tre moved on but it didn't work that way. It could be a good thing lots of tread left on those tires.

I wouldn't expect him to carry a full load here but that explosiveness would be nice on KR and as a scat back.

How the heck did the pats get a third round draft pick and we get a stupid seventh rounder

they lost talib, a high dollar free agent.  while they did pick up revis, he was cut from the bucs so he didnt count aginst comp picks