Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

FF Elite League 2015 Season

Juanjo

Hello friends,

are we coming back for another Elite League Season? Is Andy still the comish? Are we moving from Yahoo to another place? Are we keeping players from 2014 Season?

Things we should talk about, you know.

Regards from Spain,

Juan

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on what I know, Andy is not the commish for the 2015 season. SilentHill volunteered to be commish and I told him I'm available to assist if necessary.

SilentHill will keep us posted on the workings of the elite league, whether it is on a different site or not. I am fine with giving NFL.com a shot, have never done FF on there before.

Based on what I know, Andy is not the commish for the 2015 season. SilentHill volunteered to be commish and I told him I'm available to assist if necessary.

SilentHill will keep us posted on the workings of the elite league, whether it is on a different site or not. I am fine with giving NFL.com a shot, have never done FF on there before.

NFL. com is OK but I like ESPN better. I have had teams in both and I liked the draft board better at ESPN. It really don't matter they are both better than Yahoo.

Hello all!

So like chad said, I'd be more than happy to run a league this year, I believe TY Goodbye also wanted to continue to move forward with the Average Joes League.

There was a lot of turmoil last season, and I'd like to lay down how I'd run some things differently for one, I think there needs to be a collective majority agreement on league settings.

Some settings i'd like to see changed form last year are:

1. No more Divisions

2. No more Veto by commish, league member vote system.

3. No Keepers from last season, and a vote on this moving forward.

4. I'd like to switch to continuous rolling waivers, but I'll leave that to vote.

I did an ESPN league last year and I hated it, If it's OK with everyone i'd like to try out the NFL.com fantasy football system.

Everyone let me know your thoughts, I'll send out league invites soon if we want to get the ball rolling.

Hello all!

So like chad said, I'd be more than happy to run a league this year, I believe TY Goodbye also wanted to continue to move forward with the Average Joes League.

There was a lot of turmoil last season, and I'd like to lay down how I'd run some things differently for one, I think there needs to be a collective majority agreement on league settings.

1. No more Divisions

4. I'd like to switch to continuous rolling waivers, but I'll leave that to vote.

I did an ESPN league last year and I hated it, If it's OK with everyone i'd like to try out the NFL.com fantasy football system.

Everyone let me know your thoughts, I'll send out league invites soon if we want to get the ball rolling.

1. No More Divisions - Yes, agree with it absolutely. 12 teams can play 11 other teams and just 2 teams twice, at least everyone would have played everyone once by week 13 after which the playoffs start in week 14.

2. No More Veto by Commish - Yes, Agree 100%

3. Fresh Draft with no keepers - Yes, Agree 100%

4. Continuous Rolling Waivers - Partly Yes. I'd like continuous rolling waivers for the first 7 weeks, and then change it to reverse order of standings to help weaker teams after that since a pattern will emerge by then. In the beginning 2-1 vs 1-2, 3-2 vs 2-3 cannot really determine the weaker teams, IMO. Hence that suggestion.

Hello all!

1. No more Divisions

I have no problems with your ideas. NFL.com is fine. It could be we just go with the standard NFL.com rules like their fantasy games are set at? Simple and easy.

Ive sent everyone from the elite league last season an invite from nfl.com so check your spam folders!

The only person who's e-mail I don't have is Stan's (Demaryius Targaryen) also, Us and Them (pacolts56) has decided to not return due to having other fantasy obligations. So, as that stands we will potentially have two spots for people to join into this year.

I also sent a PM to TY Goodbye because he was running the joes league, but I haven't heard from him.

What does it take to join the league? I would be interested but I have never done it before. If it isn't for rookies or would rather not have a rookie that is fine with me.

Based on what I know, this is not for rookies. This is for experienced FF gamers who do everything possible to adjust their line up every single week and not go MIA unless for personal reasons that they can notify the commish in the case of.

What does it take to join the league? I would be interested but I have never done it before. If it isn't for rookies or would rather not have a rookie that is fine with me.

What Chad72 said is true, but there's also an Average Joes League, and that's what that league is for.

I'd have to believe the commish of Average Joes will peek into this thread eventually, know if there's an open spot, and advise.

Though, you should keep an eye open for a similar Average Joes thread, and express your desire there.

Ok this is going well. I'll send an e-mail to all of those in the Elite League roster when I get home. to get things really rolling.

I was in the Elite league and I did not get an email. Maybe I did but, I did do some MASS inbox cleaning recently. I was the Replacement Refs. If I am still in I would like to give you a new email addy for the invite. Just let me know.

Hey there everyone...

Due to health and other reasons, I won't be able to run the Joe's league this year...If you may have noticed I am rarely on the boards, or the computer much the past few months...I may join a league if time permits, but I've had a lot of health issues recently, moved here to Indiana, and in a few months will be moving again closer to where my better half works. Its too much on her to drive over an hour each way after a 12 hour shift as a nurse. I really wish I could have a team this year, but since I'm not sure about things, its not fair for me to hold a spot for someone that will have the time to field a competitive team.

They think they have my health problems a bit more under control, but with 10 hospital stays since August, I'm not holding my breath. I'm doing better now than I have for a while now, so that is promising. Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers, and I will try my best to maybe sneak in late. All depends on how this move goes etc...

Good luck to you all this year...and do me a favor..kick Silent's butt every week..It's always fun to see him sweat..lol

I'll keep y'all posted as much as I can..

Ray

I was in the Elite league and I did not get an email. Maybe I did but, I did do some MASS inbox cleaning recently. I was the Replacement Refs. If I am still in I would like to give you a new email addy for the invite. Just let me know.

I sent you a PM

Hey there everyone...

Due to health and other reasons, I won't be able to run the Joe's league this year...If you may have noticed I am rarely on the boards, or the computer much the past few months...I may join a league if time permits, but I've had a lot of health issues recently, moved here to Indiana, and in a few months will be moving again closer to where my better half works. Its too much on her to drive over an hour each way after a 12 hour shift as a nurse. I really wish I could have a team this year, but since I'm not sure about things, its not fair for me to hold a spot for someone that will have the time to field a competitive team.

They think they have my health problems a bit more under control, but with 10 hospital stays since August, I'm not holding my breath. I'm doing better now than I have for a while now, so that is promising. Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers, and I will try my best to maybe sneak in late. All depends on how this move goes etc...

Good luck to you all this year...and do me a favor..kick Silent's butt every week..It's always fun to see him sweat..lol

I'll keep y'all posted as much as I can..

Ray

Ray,

Wish you the best, hopefully everything works out for you.

I'm not sure who was in the Average Joes League. Is there anyone you know of that you could "pass the torch to" so to say?

Ray,

Wish you the best, hopefully everything works out for you.

I'm not sure who was in the Average Joes League. Is there anyone you know of that you could "pass the torch to" so to say?

Here is the roster from the Joe's league

Bodacious Mantises
Vontae's Grandma (Andy)
Coltman51
Natural Bjorn Killer
The Black Mambas (Ray - TY Goodbye)
IndyD4U (myself)
AK Hooligans
Hillbillyzfromhell
Broosters
The Dark Knights (TK)
Fx
VU Cru

I've identified the member's that I know of. Ray won the league, but was going to hold back to commish the Joe's league leaving myself, which finished second, to move up into the elite league this season. Broosters finished in third.

With Ray not being able to commish and Andy taking on the SB there will need to be a commish in the Joe's league. I'll start a Joe's thread also to hopefully get some more member input into that league.

I'm the Broosters, so could be moving into the Elite this year.

Who were to drop down to the Joe's league?

Perhaps, one of them could have interest in being Commish there(?).

We've only got 4 people joined to the elite league thus far, so I will send out another email in june, I think we will just have to wait and see who shows up before we decide who's going to go to what league,

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I am having doubts about nfl.com fantasy now for the elite league. I was able to do it fine on espn.com, a mock draft.

Everytime I try a mock draft on nfl.com, I get this error (and I know I have a reliable connection, am hard wired):

There was an error: Please check your local internet connection and try again. Note that the NFL.com Fantasy draft client requires a continuous internet connection.

• 3 weeks later...

I sent out another email from nfl.com with the invite, and then I also PM'd everyone who's username I could remember or decipher. If you were in the elite league and i missed you, PM me for an invite.

The sooner we get the players in the league the sooner we can make decisions about scoring, etc.

I sent out another email from nfl.com with the invite, and then I also PM'd everyone who's username I could remember or decipher. If you were in the elite league and i missed you, PM me for an invite.

The sooner we get the players in the league the sooner we can make decisions about scoring, etc.

Is this the thread to talk about the scoring and settings current set up on there? 

If yes, here are my suggestions (others feel free to chime in):

A few things regarding points settings and other suggestions of mine:

1. It says 4 pts for a QB passing TD, not 6 like last year, you can ask if GMs want to change it to be like last year.
  2. We had 1 pt. per 50 yards of returning for individual players last year, would like that again. I would like to extend it to teams too by giving 1 pt. per 50 yards of special teams returning, it makes special teams matter a bit more than just FGs and TDs.
  3. It says 3 pts for a 40-49 yard FG, should be 4 pts
  4. With the shortage of TEs in the league, I'd like to ask around for the concept of 2 FLEX positions where you can play TE/WR/RB for 2 FLEX positions. That way, no one is forced to overdraft a TE or be forced to play one if they don't have to and can draft BPA. That changes a LOT of things, IMO.
  5. I'd like an IR designation spot as the 16th roster spot only if a player goes on IR and the GM does not want to drop him in case he is a stud that could be a keeper should we do keeper league in 2016.

Thoughts???

1. It says 4 pts for a QB passing TD, not 6 like last year, you can ask if GMs want to change it to be like last year.
  2. We had 1 pt. per 50 yards of returning for individual players last year, would like that again. I would like to extend it to teams too by giving 1 pt. per 50 yards of special teams returning, it makes special teams matter a bit more than just FGs and TDs.
  4. With the shortage of TEs in the league, I'd like to ask around for the concept of 2 FLEX positions where you can play TE/WR/RB for 2 FLEX positions. That way, no one is forced to overdraft a TE or be forced to play one if they don't have to and can draft BPA. That changes a LOT of things, IMO.
  5. I'd like an IR designation spot as the 16th roster spot only if a player goes on IR and the GM does not want to drop him in case he is a stud that could be a keeper should we do keeper league in 2016.

My 2 cents:

1. I'm for it.

2. I don't care, either way.

3. Agreed. Should be 4

4. I prefer 1 x RB/WR/TE flex.

5. I prefer no IR.

We're doing keepers from last year, correct?

How's that work out when switching formats?

I have no idea who's on my team anyway.

My 2 cents:

1. I'm for it.

2. I don't care, either way.

3. Agreed. Should be 4

4. I prefer 1 x RB/WR/TE flex.

5. I prefer no IR.

We're doing keepers from last year, correct?

How's that work out when switching formats?

I have no idea who's on my team anyway.

Based on what I know, no keepers. Fresh draft on nfl.com is the plan.

Is this the thread to talk about the scoring and settings current set up on there? 

If yes, here are my suggestions (others feel free to chime in):

A few things regarding points settings and other suggestions of mine:

Thoughts???

The Mythical White Cornerback here...

As far as these change proposals go I would be ok with numbers 1, 2 and 3.

Change proposal 4 would be ok but, if we went the FLEX route I would prefer just one FLEX and not two.

As far as an IR designation goes... I have never cared for them but, I am not against them. Could make trade scenarios interesting, yes?

So one more person from the elite league dropped out for this season, that means we have 1 official open spot, and 4 others that have yet to respond. Anyone know who came in 4th in the Joes League?

Can you not look at your last years league?  Most places you can look at your teams, league standings, and playoffs. 

So if anyone is moving out of Joes League.  I would like to be put on the waiting list if you have one.  Thanks.

So one more person from the elite league dropped out for this season, that means we have 1 official open spot, and 4 others that have yet to respond. Anyone know who came in 4th in the Joes League?

Found this in my Yahoo Fantasy History:

League Champion
    The Black Mambas
2nd
    IndyD4U
3rd
    Broosters
4th
    Bodacious Mantises
5th
    The Dark Knights
6th
    AK Hooligans

I THINK 'Bodacious Mantises' is 'Bodacious Brice' in the forum(?).
Dark Knights is TK, and AK is AK, if it goes that far.

Found this in my Yahoo Fantasy History:

League Champion
    The Black Mambas
2nd
    IndyD4U
3rd
    Broosters
4th
    Bodacious Mantises
5th
    The Dark Knights
6th
    AK Hooligans

I THINK 'Bodacious Mantises' is 'Bodacious Brice' in the forum(?).
Dark Knights is TK, and AK is AK, if it goes that far.

The Black Mambas was me, I was the commish and would have moved up, but again, just to clarify, I won't be playing this year due to some personal and health issues..Good luck to everyone this year...

Hope everyone is doing ok...I'm doing better health wise. I'm hooking up with Indiana University hospital and liver clinic so they can monitor my care better. My first appointment with them is this week....

Again...I wish I could play this year, I could have beaten up on SilentHill, but perhaps maybe next year... haha

Take care all..

Ray

The Black Mambas was me, I was the commish and would have moved up, but again, just to clarify, I won't be playing this year due to some personal and health issues..Good luck to everyone this year...

Hope everyone is doing ok...I'm doing better health wise. I'm hooking up with Indiana University hospital and liver clinic so they can monitor my care better. My first appointment with them is this week....

Again...I wish I could play this year, I could have beaten up on SilentHill, but perhaps maybe next year... haha

Take care all..

Ray

Take care of yourself, Ray. Life and health are bigger, FF can wait :).

Take care all..

Ray

Take care of yourself, Ray.

Stop in to let us know how well you're doing, once in a while, and see you on the FF field next season.

Guys,

We really need to get this rolling, time is running out, I am looking for the following members of the Elite League from last year, I tried e-mailing them but no response.

Anyone know the forum names or how to get a hold of these players?

Blackhawk4 (TB)

Blue Stampede (Barry)

Demaryius Targaryen (Stan)

FRESH 4 LIFE (FRESH 4 LIFE)

Guys,

We really need to get this rolling, time is running out, I am looking for the following members of the Elite League from last year, I tried e-mailing them but no response.

Blackhawk4 (TB)

Blue Stampede (Barry)

No clue how to get a hold of them. Sorry.

Guys,

Blackhawk4 (TB)

Blue Stampede (Barry)

Stan goes by HOFClipBoardHolder on the main colts forum and probably the same on coltclique as well. Did you PM that user name? Same thing with Blackhawk4 too, he goes by that user name on the main colts forum. I am not sure about the other 2.