Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

First Colt drafted in fantasy

I think Gore will have a lot TD"s but will be surprised he breaks a 1000 but he donʻt have too...because we have depth at WR/TE if he getʻs between 800-900 that will get us over the hump along with a few more defensive players...I think our TEʻs will be open more with the run game and our WRʻs so maybe Fleener or Allen I prefer the latter if healthy all season

Well the thread title also didn't say anything about acting like a tool and calling out other members about the semantics of the post, but that didn't stop you did it?

I'm a tool because your reading comprehension is bad? OK. It was a plain, short and to the point tread lead by jvan.

I think when it comes right down to it, it's going to be Andre Johnson.  People have a lot more question marks about Gore's age then Andre and everyone is going to rightly recognize that Andre Johnson just got a huge upgrade in quarterback.  

Gore falls every year simply because of his age and everyone is afraid that it's going to catch up with him.

Everyone knows Andre isn't what he used to be, but with the upgrade in quarterback he'll come off the board first before Gore. 

I have another question though.

With Jimmy Graham moving to a run based offense and J Thomas down grading in QB and going to the Jags. . . Does that make Coby Fleener a top 5 fantasy TE?  

At the risk of tipping my hand a bit, looking at the situation the only TE that I would pick over Fleener right now for fantasy next year is Gronk.  J Thomas and J Graham are going to see huge dips in production while Fleener might post a career year.  

I think when it comes right down to it, it's going to be Andre Johnson. People have a lot more question marks about Gore's age then Andre and everyone is going to rightly recognize that Andre Johnson just got a huge upgrade in quarterback.

Gore falls every year simply because of his age and everyone is afraid that it's going to catch up with him.

Everyone knows Andre isn't what he used to be, but with the upgrade in quarterback he'll come off the board first before Gore.

I have another question though.

With Jimmy Graham moving to a run based offense and J Thomas down grading in QB and going to the Jags. . . Does that make Coby Fleener a top 5 fantasy TE?

At the risk of tipping my hand a bit, looking at the situation the only TE that I would pick over Fleener right now for fantasy next year is Gronk. J Thomas and J Graham are going to see huge dips in production while Fleener might post a career year.

Travis Kelce Greg Olsen. They will get more looks than fleemer

• 2 weeks later...

Gore seems like the next natural selection if you're playing strategically. You have to assume he's the starter no matter what at the start of the season, so he's got some value whether he's lost a step or not. I also think it depends on what the Colts do in the draft. If we pick up a RB in the first 3 rounds I don't know if I'd touch him, because the potential of some of these running backs in the draft are great, so I'd hate to draft Gore and have him riding my bench by season's end (not necessarily because he was benched in real life, but because he's at the very least splitting more carries).

• 1 month later...

I'd say Gore, probably around 40th overall. Then Andre around 50-55th overall. Maybe Fleener around 60th overall. So for 10 team league Frank is a 4th rd pick, Andre 5th, and Coby a 6th.

Sounds bout right. RBs are typically overdrafted compared to WRs, so Frank would go before Andre simply because there are not enough good RBs to go around.