Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts are Super Bowl favorites at 5-1.

Dustin

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh, go figure...I guess New England has gotten worse and we've gotten better. If I was a betting man I'd still give NE the edge though, since we haven't really addressed our lack of a run defense.

I just give them the edge cause they've smacked us every year since Andrew got here

And the first few times they didn't have that much of a good roster

Hilton was getting shutdown by guys like Arrington and Ryans before Revis & Browner came to town

Media can talk all they want about what the Pats loss, but bottom line long as #12 & Bill are there..... they have a chance to win it all

Huh, go figure...I guess New England has gotten worse and we've gotten better. If I was a betting man I'd still give NE the edge though, since we haven't really addressed our lack of a run defense.

NE's D has gotten worse (so far, both teams are a long way from being done). Losing Revis is huge. Browner too. Wilfork?

Colts 5-1

Patriots 6-1

Interesting. Patriots didn't necessarily get worse. 

Yeah, they were 15-2 this time last year. They were 6-1 the day after the Super Bowl. So it hasn't actually changed for them.

The Colts odds more than doubled. 12-1 to 5-1, in two days.

It's kinda pointless.

Congratulations, you figured out that being the favorite to win the Super Bowl doesn't mean we are going to win.

That's not the point of this thread. It was meant to discuss whether or not being favorites is deserved.

Seattle should be the favorites. You have to cover jimmy graham while still keeping lynch in check, good luck with that. They also have a defense, Colts don't.

Yeah, but they lost Max Unger and Malcolm Butler... ;) 

I agree. As of today, Seattle would be at the top of my list.

Congratulations, you figured out that being the favorite to win the Super Bowl doesn't mean we are going to win.

That's not the point of this thread. It was meant to discuss whether or not being favorites is deserved.

For anyone who posts here, it should be obvious that it's not deserved. Just look at the front page of the Colts section. We suck.

I just give them the edge cause they've smacked us every year since Andrew got here

Hilton was getting shutdown by guys like Arrington and Ryans before Revis & Browner came to town

Media can talk all they want about what the Pats loss, but bottom line long as #12 & Bill are there..... they have a chance to win it all

They still had a vastly superior roster in 2012 and 2013 compared to the Colts. Not to mention Andrew Luck was just getting started. No shame in losing to them at the time. Now that we have more experience AND upgraded with AJ and Gore, it will be closer. But yeah, I'd atill give them the edge.

Also, remember that as a rookie in 2012 Hilton posted a 6 catches, 100 yards and 2TD in our regular season matchup against the Pats in Foxboro. That was the year Reggie was still going strong, something Hilton benefited from.

2013? Reggie gets injured before we play New England thus now making TY the number one in only his 2nd year. Our offense as a whole became worse and we couldn't really adjust. That's a big reason why Hilton struggled against New England in 2013 (along with rest of the rest).

2014? Pats got Revis, Browner to go along with Arrington, Dennard, Logan etc. That's a scary group, so even though I expected more from TY against the Patriots (especially since he played like a Pro Bowler in the other games), I can see why he didnt performed at his usual high standard.

2015? Enter Andre Johnson and Gore. Those two along with TY and the rest of the boys. Revis and Browner out. Do the math. We can and will torch them. Now, let's see if we can stop their running game, that's whats it's all about.

Well, it had to happen sooner or later.  Time to step up and be counted among the perennial favorites.  The guys on this team really aren't kids anymore, so they should be able to handle the added scrutiny and pressure.  Who knows, maybe it makes them tougher.

No, we're not deserved. 

Patriots and Broncos (depends on Peyton's health) are still better. 

well they did lose both their starting CBs so they cant press cover as well as they did 

New England is in for the scare of their lives "before" they play the Colts this coming season. Belichick and company won't be the only ones NOT wanting to face Indianapolis! Try the ENTIRE league. Schematic football just added a BEAST. And it ain't in the state of Massachusetts, Wisconsin, Texas, Colorado, or Washington. Move over Beethoven and tell Chelkowski the news.

I don't see how we can possibly deserve to be favorites over NE or SEA.... Seattle got the big weapon in the receiving game that they needed and NE has yet to beat us by less than 20 points in the Andrew Luck era.  I would love if this year is the year we beat the Pats, preferably in the AFC championship, but until that run defense and Patriot game planning take a huge step forward, I know where I'm placing my bets.

All that being said, I know that we can beat any team in this league.  Favorites or not.

I don't see how we can possibly deserve to be favorites over NE or SEA.... Seattle got the big weapon in the receiving game that they needed and NE has yet to beat us by less than 20 points in the Andrew Luck era.  I would love if this year is the year we beat the Pats, preferably in the AFC championship, but until that run defense and Patriot game planning take a huge step forward, I know where I'm placing my bets.

All that being said, I know that we can beat any team in this league.  Favorites or not.

"Patriot game panning" ... Why cannot some of our fan base see the forest 'fore the trees? Indianapolis --IS-- "game planning". Fighting fire "with" fire. They say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Well, the Colts have done that by calculating and replicating Belichick & company et.al. Come the 2015 season, ColtsNation will finally realize this just as Irsay, Grigson, Pagano, Chudzinsky already have.

Colts will be favorite if they secure the #1 spot in the AFC. Its still gonna be hard for Andrew to go on the road and win in Foxborough.

But yeah, other than that, they have the edge over any teams atm on the AFC, but its still too early to make predictions, every team is different each year.

Actually you're wrong. He had 100 yards in 2012 and 103 yards in 2013.

Yeah, they were 15-2 this time last year. They were 6-1 the day after the Super Bowl. So it hasn't actually changed for them.

The Colts odds more than doubled. 12-1 to 5-1, in two days.

Lat year I made a small bet on the Colts to win the SB before free agency started as we had a lot of cap money. The odds actually moved up but a made a large bet on the colts to win over 9.5 games. This year I was going to do the same but figured I'd just wait as Grigson's FA signings never seemed too significant. I gave my son who's a port poker player to find me like 11-12 -1 and bet 1K for me. Looks like I'm too late and missed the boat. 5-1 is crazy bad odds.

No, we're not deserved. 

Patriots and Broncos (depends on Peyton's health) are still better. 

Broncos really aren't better. They lost a TE that was impossible to cover. They have a O line that is very suspect and Manning has very questionable arm strength. There is no way they should be a bigger favorite than the Colts.

Favorites over the Pats as Brady should decline while Luck should only get better. They lost Revis and Browner and Vereen and Wilfork. They added a pass rusher but they can no longer double Hilton and shut us out. Don't forget we were playing Wayne or Nicks , who couldn't get separation. We have Gore instead of a rookie that was cut by the Benglas. We have Cole and maybe Mathis. Otherwise a lot6 of subtraction on one side and addition on the other.

Seattle..? They have to get by Green Bay which is as good as they are . I know they added a stud but didn't they lose a good CB plus two starters on the O line ?