Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Frank Gore and Andre Johnson heading to Indy (Report)

Dustin

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got this from someone close to 80: "Dre on owners private jet headed to Indy. He called Gore & they agreed both to Indy. Philly wanted both"

— Lance Zierlein (@LanceZierlein)

March 10, 2015

Interesting. Per @LanceZierlein, Andre Johnson and Frank Gore both agreed to head to Indy together. Would be a big get for Colts if true.

— Josh Wilson (@JoshWilsonSB)

March 10, 2015

I said in other threads, we don't need them to be who they were, just need them to be who we need them to be. Stay healthy as they have been (combined 1 missed game since 2011). Gore gets 4 YPC and doesn't fumble so as to help balance the offense, AJ gets his 80+ catches on 3-4 yard patriot-like routes while TY and Moncrief blow the top off the Defense.

I was trying to post this earlier today but my account is apparently too new to make a topic.

Amazing news.  

we don't need them to be who they were, just need them to be who we need them to be. 

This is exactly what we need.

I think both players fill a huge void. I love the locker room presence they will bring.

However, I want these to be short deals. I expect us to overpay, but I love short contracts for aging vets.

Will be 2-3 year deals I would imagine.

heck ill take best 2 out of 3 there at least

You have to understand as a UVa fan it's hard for me to say I want Worilds, but he was really good in college and has done very well in Pittsburgh. Can't knock talent regardless of a silly bias.

Chris B. Brown ‏@smartfootball 7m7 minutes ago

According to my timeline (no other sources) Andre Johnson, Gore and maybe Wilfork headed to Indy. Pagano used to be head recruiter at the U

Yeah no sources on the Wilfork thing but "can I get two claps and a Ric Flair!?"

mike adams, wilfork, hasselback, gore, johnson, redding. We're a senior citizen team

Then, get Antrel Rolle too, while you are at it. That dude can play nickel CB as a 3rd star safety if necessary, that experience is invaluable, IMO.

Andre Johnson, Frank Gore, Vince Wilfork and Antrel Rolle. I don't think anyone will complain Irsay and Grigson did not try. :)

Well, the Patriots of 2007 had a mix of vets and young guns that took them to the SB, so let's not dismiss vet experience as not important. On D, I think a little bit vet experience helps, and when Luck is kept upright on a key 3rd down play by Gore in the playoffs, we will cherish it when it happens :).

This will be nice if it happens.  Both still have a few good years.  More importantly, they can mentor the young players already rostered and the draft picks likely to be added.

WR: TY, AJ, Moncrief, Tyler Lockett KSU 2nd/3rd round, Duron Carter

RB: Gore, TR/Bradshaw, draft pick, Herron,