Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

*Official* FA Tampering Window Thread.

The rest of the league does too LOL

Please......   by all means,  share how you know this to be true?!

I can't wait to see your genius on display!

You have a link to share,  or something to cut and paste to demonstrate how you know this to be true?!?

I am so excited!!    Please,  please,  please....   tell us how you know this?!?

#*Savant     #StupidIsAsStupidDoes

To be fair, a large part of that win total is on Andrew. Not saying that it's just about one guy, but I do think this team would've gone below .500 last season without him. 

Well....   sure....

Without Andrew we'd only have 10 offensive players and no quarterback.    

I can see us being under 500 in those circumstances!     :thmup:

Please...... by all means, share how you know this to be true?!

I can't wait to see your genius on display!

You have a link to share, or something to cut and paste to demonstrate how you know this to be true?!?

I am so excited!! Please, please, please.... tell us how you know this?!?

#*Savant #StupidIsAsStupidDoes

You're so angry. And u should be reprimanded for personal attacks.

If Andrew Luck was on any other team in the afc south, that team would have the colts record over the last 3yrs and in the Texans case, a better record.

Thos is a qb league, and Ryan Grigson was lucky to draft the surest bet @ the position in quite some time.

If Andrew Luck was on any other team in the afc south, that team would have the colts record over the last 3yrs and in the Texans case, a better record.

Thos is a qb league, and Ryan Grigson was lucky to draft the surest bet @ the position in quite some time.

He's not making personal attacks, you are going out of your way to bait and troll whenever the opportunity presents itself. Your username makes that much apparent.

Yes....   the Colts were fortunate to be able to draft Luck.    That's not in question.

But,  according to you,  the rest of the league thinks Grigson is a joke.    I simply asked for proof. 

And,  as I suspect,  you offered none.

By the way....   I'm not the least bit "angry"....    I'm more amused than anything else.

If I thought for a moment that you knew what you're talking about,  THEN I'd be angry.

You're just a spoiled fan.....

I'm happy as can be!     :thmup:

He's not making personal attacks, you are going out of your way to bait and troll whenever the opportunity presents itself. Your username makes that much apparent.

Yes, Im trolling to get into an argument about Ryan freakin Grigson. Some of u are more puppets than fans. Sheep.

Grigson is never even in the top 15 of league executives. His best moves were drafting Luck and Hilton. Now, please stop quoting me, because u wont change my mind about his ineptness, as I want change yours.

Yes, Im trolling to get into an argument about Ryan freakin Grigson. Some of u are more puppets than fans. Sheep.

Grigson is never even in the top 15 of league executives. His best moves were drafting Luck and Hilton. Now, please stop quoting me, because u wont change my mind about his ineptness, as I want change yours.

I quoted you once so lets not pretend it's a habitual offense. I mean if you keep making things up eventually that will make them fact, right? Right!?

I quoted you once so lets not pretend it's a habitual offense. I mean if you keep making things up eventually that will make them fact, right? Right!?

U quote me all the time w/ the troll stuff. I think Grigson and Pagano are horrible and they need to thank whatever deity they believe in that Andrew Austin Luck came into their lives. End of story.

U quote me all the time w/ the troll stuff. I think Grigson and Pagano are horrible and they need to thank whatever deity they believe in that Andrew Austin Luck came into their lives. End of story.

Dude I blocked you after the AFC Championship when you popped up because your posts were annoying and not based on reality. The only reason I quoted you today was because you were accusing NCF (who is a good poster btw, that knows what he is talking about) of attacking you and calling for him to be reprimanded. I called you out for baiting which you do constantly (your username is baiting and asking for trouble) don't worry you are still live on my ignore list.

Back on topic, Chargers seem to be primed to make a run at Suh, Randall Cobb, and Mike Iupati. Broncos will have some stiff competition in the AFC West if they can manage to land all three of those guys. I don't know that they have the cap space to do it, but wow!

Back on topic, Chargers seem to be primed to make a run at Suh, Randal Cobb, and Mike Iupati. Broncos will have some stiff competition in the AFC West if they can manage to land all three of those guys. I don't know that they have the cap space to do it, but wow!

Suh alone would take up most of their cap space

Btw guys, don't expect to hear anything ground-breaking today. The biggest news will probably be cuts (Ngata) and re-signings. Don't expect to hear about any handshake deals. 

Question for you.... 

How is it that several veterans have already signed elsewhere?    RJF was signed by Washington.   Jacoby Jones was just signed by San Diego.     How come they didn't have to wait until next week to sign? 

Clearly,  they must be in some different classification....   but I'm not understanding....

Can you please explain?      Thanks....

Question for you....

How is it that several veterans have already signed elsewhere? RJF was signed by Washington. Jacoby Jones was just signed by San Diego. How come they didn't have to wait until next week to sign?

Clearly, they must be in some different classification.... but I'm not understanding....

Can you please explain? Thanks....

They were cut. They don't have contracts that expire at the start of FA like others do.

You do realize that you are dead wrong seeing how he has won GM of the year...that my friend is a fact....so your "never even in the top 15" comment is way wrong. silly trolls...

I think I get it...........

Bill Belichick and Scott Pioli were horrible

Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy were horrible

Kevin Colbert and Bill Cowher were horrible

Every GM/Coach combo who has had a good quarterback in the history of the game are horrible.

The only GM/Coach combos who are any good are the ones who can win with quarterbacks that suck.

I think I get it...........

Bill Belichick and Scott Pioli were horrible

Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy were horrible

Kevin Colbert and Bill Cowher were horrible

Every GM/Coach combo who has had a good quarterback in the history of the game are horrible.

The only GM/Coach combos who are any good are the ones who can win with quarterbacks that suck.

Everyone of them have put together better overall teams and play in a harder division. Please stop comparing this guy to champions

The funny thing about this, is that it is an oxymoron. Tampering is a term used for an illegal action, but your saying that it becomes legal to be illegal. Quote funny. If it's legal to tali then it no longer is tampering.

yeah it's just what everybody calls it. I think everyone gets it's a contradiction

Everyone of them have put together better overall teams and play in a harder division. Please stop comparing this guy to champions

I think you make a fair argument.

But I have a question.....    why are you comparing Grigson to those guys?

Grigson has had the job 3 years and took over a near tear-down.     He started with $40 Mill in dead cap money and an $80 Mill payroll.   

All of the guys you list started in much, much better position.

Your rants are completely unreasonable.    I don't know why you'd expect more than what you've gotten. 

If you just evaluate Grigson on what he's done/achieved and not comparing them against other greats after they've been at the job for 10-15 years then Grigson has done really well.

Your attitude seems to be if he's not great,  then he sucks.    You leave no room for anything in between.    And that's where your argument falls apart.

Speaking of Dan Williams.....

Has there been any rumors of him visiting any team?

He's a favorite of many here and I would've thought some rumor might have surfaced by now?

Anyone? Anyone at all? Beuller? Beuller?

Quote:

Add Arizona Cardinals defensive tackle Dan Williams to the growing list of defensive players the New York Giants have expressed interest in during the three-day "legal tampering window" leading up to 2015 NFL Free Agency, per a report from Dan Graziano of ESPN.

http://www.bigblueview.com/2015/3/8/8170553/ny-giants-2015-free-agency-rumors-dt-dan-williams-connected-to-giants-cardinals

I think you make a fair argument.

But I have a question..... why are you comparing Grigson to those guys?

Grigson has had the job 3 years and took over a near tear-down. He started with $40 Mill in dead cap money and an $80 Mill payroll.

All of the guys you list started in much, much better position.

Your rants are completely unreasonable. I don't know why you'd expect more than what you've gotten.

If you just evaluate Grigson on what he's done/achieved and not comparing them against other greats after they've been at the job for 10-15 years then Grigson has done really well.

Your attitude seems to be if he's not great, then he sucks. You leave no room for anything in between. And that's where your argument falls apart.

I firmly believe the guy was just lucky Andrew Luck came out when he did. If not for that 1 draft pick, the perception of him would be a lot different. He did good w/ Vontae and TY. I salute those pick ups. But Pagano is his hire, and I hold him accountable for chuck. Im also tired of him bargain shopping for olinemen. The guy from Philly is not drastically better than what we had. His 1 priority should be protecting Andrew Luck. He seems to be doing what he did a couple of yrs ago. Just getting a bunch of avg players to fill spots.

I didnt want Suh, and I definitely don't want Orakpo, but I'd like Fairly or Knighton. I want Andre Johnson if he's released, and I want the team to make a play for Peterson. I want sone big signings. Not 2nd tier guys.

11-5 , 3 years in a row despite your opinion oh & by the way that is a better 3 years than his predecessor  3 years total rebuild a work in progress .

Opinions are like rearends every 1 has 1 no need to be 1 ..

I firmly believe the guy was just lucky Andrew Luck came out when he did. If not for that 1 draft pick, the perception of him would be a lot different. He did good w/ Vontae and TY. I salute those pick ups. But Pagano is his hire, and I hold him accountable for chuck. Im also tired of him bargain shopping for olinemen. The guy from Philly is not drastically better than what we had. His 1 priority should be protecting Andrew Luck. He seems to be doing what he did a couple of yrs ago. Just getting a bunch of avg players to fill spots.

I didnt want Suh, and I definitely don't want Orakpo, but I'd like Fairly or Knighton. I want Andre Johnson if he's released, and I want the team to make a play for Peterson. I want sone big signings. Not 2nd tier guys.

By way of background,  I'm a longtime Stanford fan.   I'm here because of Luck.    So, I agree with you that protecting Andrew is Job #1 at all times.   In fact,  I'm long on record here as wanting the Colts to use their #1 pick this year on an OL to help Luck.

But I have no complaint with Grigson...   and I don't think you should either, and I'll explain....

Year 1:    Working with $40 Million less than most every other team,  Grigson puts together a patch-work OL to get through the first year.     Colts win 11 games.

Year 2:    Grigson makes Cherilous the highest paid RT in the NFL (5/35mill) and buys Thomas to a 4/14mill contract.   Then, in the draft,  spends his 2nd and 3rd picks (rounds 3&4) on guys he wants to be the teams G and C,  Thornton and Holmes.   Neither has worked out so far,  but it's still early in their career.    But Grigson invested bi $$ and high picks toward solving the OL problem.

Colts win 12 games.

Year 3:    Grigson spends his 1st available pick (2nd round) on Mewhort.   He starts from Day One and plays very well.   Colts win 13 games.

In his first 3 years....  Grigson has spent a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round picks on OL plus spent considerable $$ on a tackle and guard.

So,  Grigson has spent big resources toward building an OL,  but so far,  it hasn't worked out the way anyone would want.   I'm not giving Grigson a get out of jail free card here.   I'm just saying he's tried hard to fix the problem.   Some parts have worked,  other parts not yet.    Hopefully we'll see better results this year,   that's what I'm expecting.

By way of background, I'm a longtime Stanford fan. I'm here because of Luck. So, I agree with you that protecting Andrew is Job #1 at all times. In fact, I'm long on record here as wanting the Colts to use their #1 pick this year on an OL to help Luck.

But I have no complaint with Grigson... and I don't think you should either, and I'll explain....

Year 1: Working with $40 Million less than most every other team, Grigson puts together a patch-work OL to get through the first year. Colts win 11 games.

Year 2: Grigson makes Cherilous the highest paid RT in the NFL (5/35mill) and buys Thomas to a 4/14mill contract. Then, in the draft, spends his 2nd and 3rd picks (rounds 3&4) on guys he wants to be the teams G and C, Thornton and Holmes. Neither has worked out so far, but it's still early in their career. But Grigson invested bi $$ and high picks toward solving the OL problem.

Colts win 12 games.

Year 3: Grigson spends his 1st available pick (2nd round) on Mewhort. He starts from Day One and plays very well. Colts win 13 games.

In his first 3 years.... Grigson has spent a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round picks on OL plus spent considerable $$ on a tackle and guard.

So, Grigson has spent big resources toward building an OL, but so far, it hasn't worked out the way anyone would want. I'm not giving Grigson a get out of jail free card here. I'm just saying he's tried hard to fix the problem. Some parts have worked, other parts not yet. Hopefully we'll see better results this year, that's what I'm expecting.

Not too mention he went out and got one of the best linemen in the CFL (somehow everyone forgets). There's only so many right guards you can pick up (3 so for and free agency hasn't really even started)

By way of background,  I'm a longtime Stanford fan.   I'm here because of Luck.    So, I agree with you that protecting Andrew is Job #1 at all times.   In fact,  I'm long on record here as wanting the Colts to use their #1 pick this year on an OL to help Luck.

But I have no complaint with Grigson...   and I don't think you should either, and I'll explain....

Year 1:    Working with $40 Million less than most every other team,  Grigson puts together a patch-work OL to get through the first year.     Colts win 11 games.

Year 2:    Grigson makes Cherilous the highest paid RT in the NFL (5/35mill) and buys Thomas to a 4/14mill contract.   Then, in the draft,  spends his 2nd and 3rd picks (rounds 3&4) on guys he wants to be the teams G and C,  Thornton and Holmes.   Neither has worked out so far,  but it's still early in their career.    But Grigson invested bi $$ and high picks toward solving the OL problem.

Colts win 12 games.

Year 3:    Grigson spends his 1st available pick (2nd round) on Mewhort.   He starts from Day One and plays very well.   Colts win 13 games.

In his first 3 years....  Grigson has spent a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round picks on OL plus spent considerable $$ on a tackle and guard.

So,  Grigson has spent big resources toward building an OL,  but so far,  it hasn't worked out the way anyone would want.   I'm not giving Grigson a get out of jail free card here.   I'm just saying he's tried hard to fix the problem.   Some parts have worked,  other parts not yet.    Hopefully we'll see better results this year,   that's what I'm expecting.

And people forget that Grigson even signed Phil Costa who suddenly retired. Not saying Costa was an all-pro but he was slated to be direct competition for Holmes.