Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

*Official* FA Tampering Window Thread.

I thought it was tomorrow afternoon?

Even so, I'm excited for this FA period.

I think you're right. For some reason, the article I looked at was titled that it started at midnight, but when I clicked the link it actually said noon. Weird.

March 7-10 Clubs are permitted to contact, and enter into contract negotiations with the certified agents of players who will become Unrestricted Free Agents upon the expiration of their 2014 contracts at 4 p.m. ET on March 10. However, a contract cannot be executed with a new club until 4 p.m. ET on March 10

Ryan Grigson w/ cap space, what could go wrong? Everything

I guess your memory is very poor. His first draft got him the GM of the year. He performed a masterpiece with his first draft with huge dead cap space. He has replaced 48 players in three years. His team has advanced deeper into the playoffs each season. You say Luck and luck? I don't care how good luck is he didn't do it all by himself. No QB does. As far as luck every team that makes the playoffs has some of that throughout the season. Did the Seahawks have luck making the super bowl? Did the Patriots have luck in the super bowl? Is it possible for you to actually think about some of the comments you make? I think a lot of us Colts fans would feel real lucky if you could make a comment that made sense.

I am anxious to see what the offers are for McCourty. My only hope is that he does not go to a division rival if he does in fact leave. Have to believe he will take any offers to the Pats to see if they will either match or come close to matching but I am not hopeful. I don't think Bill sees spending $8-10 mil on a safety as a good value prop.

I guess your memory is very poor. His first draft got him the GM of the year. He performed a masterpiece with his first draft with huge dead cap space. He has replaced 48 players in three years. His team has advanced deeper into the playoffs each season. You say Luck and luck? I don't care how good luck is he didn't do it all by himself. No QB does. As far as luck every team that makes the playoffs has some of that throughout the season. Did the Seahawks have luck making the super bowl? Did the Patriots have luck in the super bowl? Is it possible for you to actually think about some of the comments you make? I think a lot of us Colts fans would feel real lucky if you could make a comment that made sense.

I agree with you but we all know it wasn't luck that the Patriots got to big dance, it was "cheating" , again and krafts money to save them...

Ryan Grigson w/ cap space, what could go wrong? Everything

Luck. And by that I mean Andrew and actual luck.

Bruh.  Really?  For as great as he is, Luck has also cost the team games as well.  I love that we have him, wouldn't want anyone besides Luck, but we didn't make it to the AFCCG with Luck beating Denver all by his self.  The Defense tore up Peyton.  Thats just one example.

Stop trying so hard to be so negative, you come off as ignorant, a malcontent and juvenile.

Grigs has made bonehead decisions, but so has every other GM and for only being on the job for 4-5 years and getting to the AFCCG; not too dang bad if you ask me.

He wasn't referring to the draft. He was talking free agency....where Grigson has made very questionable moves.

And that's how much you know about football.

You honestly think we've won 36 games the last three years due to Andrew Luck and luck.....        :facepalm:

#Spoiled     #Clueless  

To be fair, a large part of that win total is on Andrew. Not saying that it's just about one guy, but I do think this team would've gone below .500 last season without him. 

He wasn't referring to the draft. He was talking free agency....where Grigson has made very questionable moves.

Some haven't worked out. Some have. Some of it was out of the control of the GM. I'm not an apologist but I think he's done a pretty fair job in FA. If Don Thomas doesn't get hurt 2 years in a row we might be talking about what a great deal he was. If Cherilus hadn't played hurt most of this season I think we all are saying that Cherilus was a good pick up. The thing that Grigson has done well is that he's structured contracts so that if they player doesn't work out we can cut them without a lot of dead cap. Calculating risk

To be fair, a large part of that win total is on Andrew. Not saying that it's just about one guy, but I do think this team would've gone below .500 last season without him.

I must agree with you there. He's a special type, much like Peyton and that pretty boy in Foxboro who makes their teammates better

Mods. lock this or delete this thread and start again. This thread should be about anticipation of 1/2 hour from now, calls start coming in and rumors leaked and yet here we are talking about how Griggs will mess this up and others defending him. Delete this or lock it and lets start again

Some haven't worked out. Some have. Some of it was out of the control of the GM. I'm not an apologist but I think he's done a pretty fair job in FA. If Don Thomas doesn't get hurt 2 years in a row we might be talking about what a great deal he was. If Cherilus hadn't played hurt most of this season I think we all are saying that Cherilus was a good pick up. The thing that Grigson has done well is that he's structured contracts so that if they player doesn't work out we can cut them without a lot of dead cap. Calculating risk

But those guys had extensive injury histories. He knew that when he signed them. 

Cherilus was a risk because of his known knee problems

While I liked the Thomas signing, I thought it was insane not to pick up another veteran guard this off season in case of another Thomas injury.

Grigson do a fine job in the way he had the contracts structured, I wish he would have chosen better/more proven players. I this year's FA market is big for Grigson....he can't have as many whiffs.

Btw guys, don't expect to hear anything ground-breaking today. The biggest news will probably be cuts (Ngata) and re-signings. Don't expect to hear about any handshake deals.

Bummer. When do the handshake deals start leaking out?

Mods. lock this or delete this thread and start again. This thread should be about anticipation of 1/2 hour from now, calls start coming in and rumors leaked and yet here we are talking about how Griggs will mess this up and others defending him. Delete this or lock it and lets start again

Do you need a snickers?

Cherilus was a risk because of his known knee problems

While I liked the Thomas signing, I thought it was insane not to pick up another veteran guard this off season in case of another Thomas injury.

Grigson do a fine job in the way he had the contracts structured, I wish he would have chosen better/more proven players. I this year's FA market is big for Grigson....he can't have as many whiffs.

I guess we'd have to go back and look to see who else was available at the time he signed those guys and if there were other options that fit our scheme. I know Cherilus had knee issues. I think the first year he was here he did a fine job. This year he struggled and I think he was not 100% most of the year. I think Cherilus was a risk Grigson was willing to take. I believe that even now we could part with Cherilus and save considerable cap space if that's the direction they want to go. But, I understand, I don't like taking risks on guys who you know have issues staying healthy. But, there's a reason they weren't re-signed by their own team.

:loco:

Couldn't agree more. Take your unrelated debates elsewhere, please.