Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trent Cole visiting Colts (if he leaves Tampa without a contract)

Why get these old declining players? I know Trent cole can probably still give us 8-10 sacks but why not Brandon graham?

Graham is not considered a good fit for a 3-4.     He's said to be a 4-3 DE.

And not every signing can be a young free agent.    Those guys are really, really expensive.

Some are going to be veterans who are less expensive and hopefully provide some leadership.

And not every signing can be a young free agent.    Those guys are really, really expensive.

Some are going to be veterans who are less expensive and hopefully provide some leadership.

Vonte Davis was the exception to the real cost of FA's, not the rule. All other acquisitions will cost far more than fans will want the team to pay....yet they cry out for the team to get 2 or 3 of them. 

I'd prefer Walden + keeping the money to spend elsewhere, yes.

I agree we are okay at OLB position itʻs the D-line iʻm worried about it starts there, bring in Suh, Knighton or Fairley and get some pressure and double teams up front that will make LBʻs and DBʻs a lot better

Allow me to preface your post with the simple fact that free agency hasn't started yet. Complaining about visiting with players who are available now, especially in comparison with players who aren't available now, is pointless.

Just my two cents.

I love getting on threads and seeing posts like this, it's hilarious

the sarcasm is strong with this one.

I don't know much about the guy at all hence, my lack of reasoning.

I just don't like the idea of bringing in declining veterans... especially in the midst of losing one... seems like a slap in the face.

he hasnt declined much at all, the guy can still play.  the eagles are in the process of cleaning out old contracts so they can bring in kelly guys.

a two year contract sounds about right, he wont come super cheap but could easily be our best pass rusher next year

Allow me to preface your post with the simple fact that free agency hasn't started yet. Complaining about visiting with players who are available now, especially in comparison with players who aren't available now, is pointless.

Just my two cents.

OK.....

I'm not sure what your post has to do with my post?

Sorry,  you completely lost me here....   (I know,  that's not uncommon!)

OK.....

I'm not sure what your post has to do with my post?

Sorry,  you completely lost me here....   (I know,  that's not uncommon!)

Was just adding to your response to the other poster. I agree with you, it doesn't make sense to complain about us maybe talking to Trent Cole.

Was just adding to your response to the other poster. I agree with you, it doesn't make sense to complain about us maybe talking to Trent Cole.

OK....

Now that's you've explained it to me like I'm a 6-year old (that's a GOOD thing, btw!)   I get it!       :thmup:

Vonte Davis was the exception to the real cost of FA's, not the rule. All other acquisitions will cost far more than fans will want the team to pay....yet they cry out for the team to get 2 or 3 of them.

Meh, free agents get paid whether they're your own or brought in from outside.

Graham is not considered a good fit for a 3-4. He's said to be a 4-3 DE.

And not every signing can be a young free agent. Those guys are really, really expensive.

the guys he wants you can't even talk to till Tuesday lol

I have no idea what you are even hinting at. I was commenting about the cost of FA's and fans lack of understanding of those costs. Care to let us all in on what you are assuming?

im assuming you were talking about outside free agents....otherwise is doesn't make much sense. It would be difficult to fill a 53 man roster without signing some of your own free agents or not signing a few outside free agents.