Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts make roster moves with RFA's. (Merge)

MTC

The Colts have made a qualifying offer to RFA LB Jerrell Freeman and ERFA tenders to LB Daniel Adongo, LB Cam Johnson, and RB Boom Herron.

They're pretty much returning next season. Good news. 

Might as well go ahead and accept our starting ILB's are going to be Jackson and Freeman. It'll be alright though if we beef up the D-Line, and bring in a good safety.

Hopefully Freeman stays healthy this year, if we upgrade the other positions we will be doing very well.

AQ Shipley must have flirted with Grigson and/or Pagano's wives because they seriously don't likw the guy.

Honestly, if I had to guess I'd say Shiply asked about his future with the team,  and we said 3rd string behind Holmes and Harrison and both sides then agreed to part ways......

This gives Shiply a chance to try and sign-on as a 2nd string with another team.

AQ Shipley must have flirted with Grigson and/or Pagano's wives because they seriously don't likw the guy.

They dislike him so much, they claimed him off waivers, started him for a month, kept him on the roster all season... clear signs of animosity.

How is Delano Howell's neck? i remember at one point in time they considered it to be a career ending injury!!!

I don't have information on that, but it sounds like it's not fully restored enough to play football again.

So excited to get Jerrell Freeman back he was great for us even having a bit of a down year with a couple injuries but his performance in the

WC game showed he can be a dominant force at ILB for the Colts! now just need to upgrade who plays next to him because freeman

wasnt the problem at ILB last year Jackson was sub-par at best need to get rid of him after this year when i think we can actually

save some money on his contract

They dislike him so much, they claimed him off waivers, started him for a month, kept him on the roster all season... clear signs of animosity.

I was being hyperbolic of course. My point is he has always been the best player at C and we shipped him off (no pun intended) or started inferior players and finally let him go again.

I was being hyperbolic of course. My point is he has always been the best player at C and we shipped him off (no pun intended) or started inferior players and finally let him go again.

And I was being extra sarcastic. I think we get each other.

I don't think he was that good at center. When we benched him, my question was more "where's Holmes?" than "why was Shipley benched?" And he's not necessarily been let go. We could still re-sign him, although it's unlikely. Also, he might have asked not to be tendered, so he can test the market. Either way, I don't think it's about not liking him. They could be completely wrong about his ability and his value, but I don't think their decision is personal in any way. 

Freeman is fine. He was injured and that hurt his performance, but I wish he was the SECOND best starting ILB and not the best one.

It'll be DQ and Freeman to start next year, but an ILB will have to be drafted this year, for depth and to take DQs place the next year, or possibly rotate with him if Grigs draft's a talent like Perryman.

Good to see Boom again. I don't care about Adongo or Johnson.

Hopefully Freeman stays healthy this year, if we upgrade the other positions we will be doing very well.

Freeman staying healthy is a big thing.  When he is healthy is a difference maker on the D, not so much in the run game (where he's solid) but he is an excellent coverage LB... when healthy.

Apparently no one else does either. The guys has been a career journeyman. Beats digging ditches though.