Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bears shopping Marshall for mid-round pick

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heck no. Offer a 6th at best. You can always just sign Andre Johnson or draft a WR in this very good class.

A 6th for Bradon?, this is not Madden Football trades. I would give a 3 or 4. If Brandon can put up good numbers with Jeff George Cutler, it will be even better with Luck. Brandon is prime and could ahve 5 more good year left. This is a no brainer here.

Jeffery regressed, Forte they have on the market and Bennett isn't anything special.

Jeffery did not regress, Jay Cutler did. Bennett caught 90 balls for over 900 yards and 6 TDs with bad Cutler throwing to him and Forte is still under contract, unlikely to go anywhere. Try again.

I'd offer a 4th, no problem. What is his contract like?

Dude has been a legit pro bowl receiver with Jay Cutler as his QB.

Imagine what he could do with Luck. He instantly makes our O better and has at least 4 more years in him until he slows down.

Playing for a coach who is a proven motivator, id like to see what he can bring.

I would think long a hard about Marshall.

His wife stabbed him once and he was arrested  a couple of times for assault. ( not good in today's NFL world )

He told the media he had a personality disorder. ( who knows what that means exactly)

Fine, big receiver but is he worth the risk?

Roll the dice and find out? Willing to bet millions on it?

Jeffery regressed, Forte they have on the market and Bennett isn't anything special.

Cutler regressed, not Jeffery (and Jeffery still had 1100+ yards and 10 TDs despite Cutler's ineptitude).  Forte is on the market?  He's signed until the end of the 2015 season and he's not going anywhere.  Bennett having 90 receptions for 900+ yards isn't anything special?

At first was opposed to the idea, now I really like it. Let me explain.

1) People are worried about his off the field issues, and while they are undeniable, they are a thing of the past. Seriously, don't believe me? Look at the dates of his incidents, and compare them with when we started receiving treatment for his personality disorder. Now, tell me if he's had one since.

2) His larger than life ego. While he still may have an ego, I feel like his journey has opened his eyes. He gets beat out of Denver from a FO who hated him, chases the money to Miami where his stats suffer, and wound up in Chicago playing with his old QB. I feel like he's learned from what happens when you chase the money. You wind up with crappy teams.

3) Outspoken. Honestly, I love outspoken receivers. They're on the field most of the game, and if a team loses, they're the first ones to say what went wrong. Brandon Marshal is very outspoken.....but he was on some AWFUL teams.

4) Hunger. Marshal is hungry, I've watched him play for his entire career, and that hunger drives him. Honestly, you put this man on a team where he doesn't have to be the number one, and I feel like that will make him even more deadly.

Brandon Marshal is someone who I think the Colts can trade for, have on roster for 5-6 years, and see production every year. He's a big, physical receiver who can play outside, but IS NOT afraid to go across the middle of the field. Make this trade happen. He will INSTANTLY be a 70+ catches 1200+ yard receiver. 

At first was opposed to the idea, now I really like it. Let me explain.

1) People are worried about his off the field issues, and while they are undeniable, they are a thing of the past. Seriously, don't believe me? Look at the dates of his incidents, and compare them with when we started receiving treatment for his personality disorder. Now, tell me if he's had one since.

2) His larger than life ego. While he still may have an ego, I feel like his journey has opened his eyes. He gets beat out of Denver from a FO who hated him, chases the money to Miami where his stats suffer, and wound up in Chicago playing with his old QB. I feel like he's learned from what happens when you chase the money. You wind up with crappy teams.

3) Outspoken. Honestly, I love outspoken receivers. They're on the field most of the game, and if a team loses, they're the first ones to say what went wrong. Brandon Marshal is very outspoken.....but he was on some AWFUL teams.

4) Hunger. Marshal is hungry, I've watched him play for his entire career, and that hunger drives him. Honestly, you put this man on a team where he doesn't have to be the number one, and I feel like that will make him even more deadly.

Brandon Marshal is someone who I think the Colts can trade for, have on roster for 5-6 years, and see production every year. He's a big, physical receiver who can play outside, but IS NOT afraid to go across the middle of the field. Make this trade happen. He will INSTANTLY be a 70+ catches 1200+ yard receiver. 

Yes. And considering that the alternative is paying Andre Johnson $10 million... no-brainer.

Let's remember he only had 2 100 yard games last year. He only has a couple years left.

Reggie Wayne had NONE! So why does everyone want him back? Also, if by "a couple of years" you mean 6-7, then yes. He only does have a couple of years left

NO, for a mid round pick we get in return an aging receiver who became a cancer to the Bears locker room? ill pass. 

Cancer? According to whom?  Outspoken yes, but a cancer? I know/live with tons of Bears fans. Not a single one of them will point a Marshal to say he's the problem.

Let's excercise patience here.......he just might get cut.  I'd rather go that route instead of making a trade...even if we're only giving up a 5th.

....if we miss out, we can pursue Johnson and probably get a better price. ...Johnson would be a nice stop gap for the next 2 years allowing Moncrief the time to develop.

Very tempting but we could get younger players with huge upside in the draft with size, Beckham, Parker, Strong. Now the downside is they wont likely produce from day 1 like Marshall more then likely but once they got the playbook down they have as high an upside as Marshall I believe and they would be cheaper in the short term and younger, The dudes attitude don't concern me a bit, How he acted in the past is the past...He was diagnosed. He has no recent problems that I have read or heard of

Brandon Marshall might not be long for the Chicago Bears.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Thursday that the Bears are exploring a potential trade of the talented wide receiver, according to a source informed of the team's plans. The effort to move Marshall is an attempt by new general manager Ryan Pace and coach John Fox to "clean up the locker room," according to Rapoport.

Marshall signed a four-year contract with the Bears last May, but appears to have fallen out of favor with the team following a 2014 season in which he was outspoken with the press and on social media and was involved in a well-publicized locker room incident during the season.

Moving Marshall represents a quick fix for a new Bears regime looking to change the culture in the locker room. The timing makes sense, too, with many options to be found in free agency and a rich draft class.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000476641/article/chicago-bears-exploring-a-brandon-marshall-trade

Now my question is if they are "cleaning up their locker room" by moving Marshall, will this DIRTY up our Locker Room?

NO, for a mid round pick we get in return an aging receiver who became a cancer to the Bears locker room? ill pass. 

When did he become a "cancer" in the Bears locker room?

Never saw a story that even hinted at that.     I think his years in Chicago have mostly been pretty quiet.

His issues were in Denver and Miami.....