Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Teams think Suh to Dolphins is a "done" deal

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-teams-think-ndamukong-suh-to-dolphins-is-%E2%80%98done-deal/ar-BBifkEz

Bad news for those of you that wanted to pick up Suh.  

I think being a small market was a critical disadvantage here.

“a source close to Suh’s camp indicated Suh had a slight preference for Miami.”

One selling point for the Dolphins is that the state of Florida does not have an income tax, which allows players to take home more of the money for which they sign.

A slight preference is not a done deal .   The Colts & Andrew Luck IMO has alot to offer if Grigson wants him .

how miami has less cap than detroit

I would assume if they are going all in for him they have some plans to clear cap space but looking at their cap space on overthecap this could be a problem for them.

Says they have like 9 Mil in cap space.  They would really have to backend load the deal and I'm not sure that Suh would want a back end loaded deal.  (No player really wants a back end loaded deal)

However Suh's personality just seems like a better fit for Miami then Indy.  

According to the Sun Sentinel a contract could look like ,

Teams can officially begin making formal offers to free agents on Saturday, and it is believed that the Dolphins will offer Suh a six-year deal that pays the 28-year-old more than $100 million, and features more than half of the contract — or at least $51 million — being fully guaranteed.

Suh has averaged 48 tackles a season and contributed 36 sacks, one interception, a safety,and forced two fumbles in the 78 games he's played since being selected No. 2 by the Lions .

I go back and forth on whether I would want Suh or not for that price.  I can see advantages to both Indy and the Dolphins (Money being equal) ... depending on priorities ... Miami has awesome weather, a great night life, and a lot more things to do ... Indy gives him the better chance at at a SB.

Watt and Suh together would be just unfair. But Clowney doesn't even have an NFL sack yet.

Clowney is going to be a beast.  Watt and Clowney is going to be a killer unfortunately for our Colts next season.  Ugh, hopefully we'll save some money for some Offensive linemen.

Clowney is going to be a beast.  Watt and Clowney is going to be a killer unfortunately for our Colts next season.  Ugh, hopefully we'll save some money for some Offensive linemen.

Clowney will never play football again. his injury is devistating, he will be biggest bust ever, due to injury

You need to stop stealing the medicinal marajuana from your Grandpa.

Bro your a joke. Read everything about his injury and what it affects. He will never be the same again. His injury affects quickness and planting/leverage. it's not a typical knee injury, it's the most devastating one a player like him could have. His career is over, even though I hesitate to call it a career

Clowney will never play football again. his injury is devistating, he will be biggest bust ever, due to injury

I think it's saying a lot to say he'll never play football again. . . but the injury he received is going to take a lot to come back from.  

I think he's a likely bust.  

Miami is going to be a force with Suh.  And yes, it's a lock, he is a dolphin.  $$$ means everything to him, no taxes, done deal.

Dolphins have $11,819,693 in salary cap space for this season. So unless they cut a lot of guys and clear up a lot of cap space the only way they are getting Suh is if $ isn't important to him.

Bro your a joke. Read everything about his injury and what it affects. He will never be the same again. His injury affects quickness and planting/leverage. it's not a typical knee injury, it's the most devastating one a player like him could have. His career is over, even though I hesitate to call it a career

He may never be the same player, but his career isn't over.

Dolphins only have 9.5 million in money to spend according to overthecap.com

No way Suh is going there, they can't afford him. Something's weird about the Dolphins being frontrunners

False leak from his agent to try to boost his price tag even more?

Dolphins have $11,819,693 in salary cap space for this season. So unless they cut a lot of guys and clear up a lot of cap space the only way they are getting Suh is if $ isn't important to him.

I have heard folks say they are going to cut Ellerbe and Wheeler.

I have heard folks say they are going to cut Ellerbe and Wheeler.

Ok, that may be true and? Better throw Wallace in there too then as tannehill needs to be paid and the dolphins need linebackers, corners, wide receivers, they have to sign clay their TE.. I mean no way can they clear enough for all that and pay Suh too. Not IMO