Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mock Offeason: Donkey Kong Suh Edition

Now, obviously if we sign Suh, we are going to have to be extra smart about the other FAs we sign. There will be no Pernell McPhee or Devin McCourty. I would honestly rather bring in Fairley at about 1/3 of the price, but I can't deny that the idea of Suh stomping around on Brady in a Colts uniform doesn't get me feeling giddy. 

Here's how I would attack the offseason in the event of a Suh signing. 

Starting Cap - 41.3m

Cuts:

Cherilus (June 1st) - 4m

Thomas - 3.25

Richardson - 3.2

Cribbs - .97

Walden - 3.75

New Cap Standing - 54.7m

Re-signings:

Sergio Brown - 2years/4m....cap hit 2m

Joe Reitz - 2years/5m.....cap hit 2.5m

Jerrell Freeman - Second round tender 2.35

Adongo - ERFA tender .585

Herron - ERFA .585

Overton - Wasn't sure what he got, so I just went with 800,000 per

New Cap Standing - 46.7m

Free Agency:

Ndamukong Suh DT - 6years/100m....cap hit 15m

Tyvon Branch SS - 2years/5m.....cap hit 2.5

Brandon Spikes ILB - 2years/7m....cap hit 3

Arthur Moats OLB - 1year/1m

Alan Ball CB - 1year/1.4

Pierre Thomas RB - 1year/1.5m

Steve Johnson WR - 3years/12m....cap hit 3m

Jermey Parnell RT - 2years/8m

New Cap Standing - 18.3m

Draft:

1/29 - Marcus Peters CB - Very likely some wishful thinking on my part, but dammit I can dream. I think that with Philly getting rid of McCoy, RB might be a first round consideration, whereas before CB was what I kept seeing as their round one selection in most mocks. Hopefully Peters character concerns allow him to be there at 29.

2/29 - Paul Dawson LB - Also hoping he drops due to character concerns and a terrible combine showing. His ability is evident on film when he drops into coverage. I don't care that he was slow in track shorts. 

3/29 - Tyler Lockett WR - This guy is going to be good. He compares very favorably to Antonio Brown, and I could see him being right on Brown's level. Grigson continues his trend of getting a steal of a WR in the 3rd round.

4/29 - Marcus Hardison DT - The Geno Atkins of this draft. Dude has such a tremendous burst off the snap. My favorite middle round player. Would come in to spell Jones/Suh....especially on pass rush downs.

5/29 - Clayton Geathers SS - Fierce, in the box kind of Safety. Looks like Kam Chancellor when he gets a bead on a guy running across the middle. 

I would feel damn good about this starting lineup....

QB - Luck

RB - Thomas/Herron

WR - Hilton/Johnson/Moncrief/Lockett

TE - Allen/Fleener

LT - Castonzo

LG - Mewhort

C - Holmes (improve your run blocking)

RG - Reitz

RT - Parnell

DE - Jones

NT - Chapman

DT - Suh

Rush - Mathis/Newsome

Sam - Moats

ILB - Spikes/Dawson

CB - Davis/Peters/Toler

SS - Branch

FS - Brown

With the exception of having Joe Reitz as our starting RG I like it.

After your FA you still have enough to go after Clint Boling. I'd much prefer him to Reitz. He's a depth guy

I though Branch played FS? Wherever he plays though I like the signing.

I love the Marcus Peters pick. I don't feel it is that farfetched for him to be available at #29.

I am not sure about Dawson. I have not watched film, but his lack of athleticism would seem to be a detriment in coverage, which is where we need help most from our inside linebackers. I am interested in looking at Jake Ryan from Michigan in the latter rounds. If we bring back Freeman, it would seem that depth is our need for 2015 as DQ and Freeman would likely start.

Really like it. wWould like to take more of a cap hit for Suh in 2015 though. Aside from that we become a super elite team.

Yes, just a minor nitpick, we still have $15M left over after rookie signings. I'd move another $6M of that to Suh's 2015 cap hit. 

With the exception of having Joe Reitz as our starting RG I like it.

After your FA you still have enough to go after Clint Boling. I'd much prefer him to Reitz. He's a depth guy

I though Branch played FS? Wherever he plays though I like the signing.

I thought about going in for a guard, but I figure between Reitz, Thornton, Heenan, and Louis we should have plenty of competition for the RG spot, and whoever wins must not be too bad. Reitz is extremely underrated by most on here. He played terrible in the Pats game at RT, but beyond that he was better than Cherilus, and when healthy he has been our best guard for the last couple of years. 

I love the Marcus Peters pick. I don't feel it is that farfetched for him to be available at #29.

I am not sure about Dawson. I have not watched film, but his lack of athleticism would seem to be a detriment in coverage, which is where we need help most from our inside linebackers. I am interested in looking at Jake Ryan from Michigan in the latter rounds. If we bring back Freeman, it would seem that depth is our need for 2015 as DQ and Freeman would likely start.

I don't know much about Jake Ryan, but as a 7th round guy, I definitely like his versatility. He could possibly play something of an Andy Studebaker role. Honestly I don't want D'Qwell starting this year, and next year at this time I hope he's gone. He was a bad signing from the beginning, would've much rather had Dansby even in his advanced age. Freeman, while not terrible, is a guy a lot of folks here love to overrate. I'm keeping him this year as depth since he's cheap, but next year I'd probably send him the way of D'Qwell.