Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eagles fans throwing around some wild rumors...

Surely some of you had to have seen this...

Rumor: #Eagles get: #1 pick, and Mike Evans. #Bucs get: Nick Foles, Eagles 1-3 rounds this and next year. And rounds 1-2 in 2017. Jesus.

— Tyler Steege (@EaglesFanTalk)

March 4, 2015

Lets sum this up shall we?

• Eagles traded McCoy for Alonso
  • If this rumor had legs they would get Chip's QB and Mike Evans(young and looking good)
  • Eagles have something like 50M of cap space for a run on any free agent they choose

If this were to happen and it worked for the Eagles... Chip would be a mad genius!

If it did not work then Chip would be out of a job within two seasons.

I'm going to say it right now. The Eagles are going to keep screwing around until they're terrible next season. I mean come on. Nick Foles is a solid QB. He was playing well last year and they would've made the playoffs if he hadn't gotten hurt. He's definitely better than what they'd get in Marriotta IMO. And I'm sure that's who ole Chip would want. They've already given away a superstar RB. Go ahead and trade away a good QB so you can really suck next season Chip. Absolutely, straight up stupid.

what do you think the #1 pick is for? 

If they are smart then someone like:

1.Leonard Williams

2.Trade down...Brandon Scherff

3.Trade Down......Shane Ray

4.Trade Down....Vic Beasley

5.Trade Down........Danny Shelton

6.Trade Down....Dante Fowler Jr.

All will help that team......Prediction: Its not a bold one either....Neither QB will end up working out in the NFL long-term

If Chip did this then the team would have to do some major work in free agency for three years running. Getting Evans and Mariotta with the #1 pick would lighten the cap load for the duration...

They are certainly cleaning house for something... but what?

If they are smart then someone like:

1.Leonard Williams

2.Trade down...Brandon Scherff

3.Trade Down......Shane Ray

4.Trade Down....Vic Beasley

5.Trade Down........Danny Shelton

6.Trade Down....Dante Fowler Jr.

All will help that team......Prediction: Its not a bold one either....Neither QB will end up working out in the NFL long-term

Foles looks okay in Chip's system, Mariota would thrive.

Foles looks okay in Chip's system, Mariota would thrive.

Dude will panic under pressure early and often...It will be his undoing, I don't think that will go away for him, He can learn the playbook....Its not the same Oregon offense to a Tee but I think he will learn it, He can learn to drop back from behind Center but the minute he gets pressure then he is toast in my opinion

The Eagles don't have 50M, they have 20M. Enough to re-sign Maclin and maybe make a run at Maxwell/Worilds not paticularly any free agent... also trade is very off value wise IMO.

They dumped around 30 mil yesterday alone.

The tweet is someone looking for attention, nothing more.

The Eagles don't have 50M, they have 20M. Enough to re-sign Maclin and maybe make a run at Maxwell/Worilds not paticularly any free agent... also trade is very off value wise IMO.

Not according to this... http://www.businessinsider.com/eagles-trade-lesean-mccoy-to-bills-2015-3

Exceprt I got 50M from...

"the Eagles freed up $23.5 million in cap space, according to Grantland's Bill Barnwell, bringing their total cap space to more than $50 million this offseason."

Freed cap space referring to the cuts they have mad recently. Article then goes on to mention the savings from the McCoy trade. Why they spoke of the McCoy cap savings AFTER giving the 50M number is beyond me... seems kinda backwards.

They dumped around 30 mil yesterday alone.

The tweet is someone looking for attention, nothing more.

Not according to this... http://www.businessinsider.com/eagles-trade-lesean-mccoy-to-bills-2015-3

"the Eagles freed up $23.5 million in cap space, according to Grantland's Bill Barnwell, bringing their total cap space to more than $50 million this offseason."

Freed cap space referring to the cuts they have mad recently. Article then goes on to mention the savings from the McCoy trade. Why they spoke of the McCoy cap savings AFTER giving the 50M number is beyond me... seems kinda backwards.

From what I've seen they freed up 23M yesterday, but they where not in a good cap situation before that.. -3.1M from the various things I could did up.

And also they have not yet processed the LeSean McCoy trade so it's not technically 23, but rather 15 with 8M coming off next week (10th).

So from what I've seen they're right around 24-26M. Just a smidge over the 20ish I referenced earlier.

Here is a article saying 26.

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2015/03/how_much_cap_space_do_the_eagles_have.html

Remember: You can't just subtract a players cap # to get the impact on the cap... Dead money was a large factor in Trent Cole and others. 

Philly is stupid if they do that.  No other team would come close to giving up that much to get Mariota or Winston.  Only Philly wanting Mariota is what is causing the excessive bid. 

Philly is competing against themselves.

Not according to this... http://www.businessinsider.com/eagles-trade-lesean-mccoy-to-bills-2015-3

"the Eagles freed up $23.5 million in cap space, according to Grantland's Bill Barnwell, bringing their total cap space to more than $50 million this offseason."

Freed cap space referring to the cuts they have mad recently. Article then goes on to mention the savings from the McCoy trade. Why they spoke of the McCoy cap savings AFTER giving the 50M number is beyond me... seems kinda backwards.

The numbers I read Mary have been off, but 24 mil is still a ton.

Dude will panic under pressure early and often...It will be his undoing, I don't think that will go away for him, He can learn the playbook....Its not the same Oregon offense to a Tee but I think he will learn it, He can learn to drop back from behind Center but the minute he gets pressure then he is toast in my opinion

If the Philly offense is only slightly different than the Oregon offense then Mariotta will know it within a month or two.

If they did trade for Evans, would that mean that they'll let Maclin walk? They would have Evans and Mathews so its not like they would need him.

No, they'd keep Maclin.    He'd be their only expensive receiver.    Evans and Matthews are on their rookie contracts and the Eagles can still use 3 WR's.

Still....    this is all a pipe dream right now.....

So....

The Redskins gave up 3 first rounders and a second rounder, to move up four spots in 2012. If Philly can somehow swindle this deal, essentially giving up the same thing plus a couple of seconds and a couple of thirds, to move from the 20 spot to first overall, all the while stealing Mike Evans in the process, something would seriously be amiss. I just can't see how Philly fans get off thinking they should get the 7th overall pick from last year too. Screw Philly. 

Surely some of you had to have seen this...

Rumor: #Eagles get: #1 pick, and Mike Evans. #Bucs get: Nick Foles, Eagles 1-3 rounds this and next year. And rounds 1-2 in 2017. Jesus.

— Tyler Steege (@EaglesFanTalk)

March 4, 2015

Lets sum this up shall we?

• Eagles traded McCoy for Alonso
  • If this rumor had legs they would get Chip's QB and Mike Evans(young and looking good)
  • Eagles have something like 50M of cap space for a run on any free agent they choose

If this were to happen and it worked for the Eagles... Chip would be a mad genius!

If it did not work then Chip would be out of a job within two seasons.

I know it's just a rumor, but why would go after Lovie Smith go after Nick Foles when QB Jameis Winston the Florida Seminole hot commodity is gonna selected automatically anyway? Plus, no HC worth his salt is getting rid of WR Evans. Besides, I like Foles in Philly man. 

Chip Kelly needs to stick with Foles & not let his ego get the better of him. Sometimes, over confidence is a coach's biggest downfall IMO. If it ain't broke, don't bleep with it. 

"Surely some of you had to have seen this..." Of course, I did & "Don't call me Shirley." Just Kidding! [An Airplane film joke] 

Chip Kelly needs to stick with Foles & not let his ego cloud his judgment IMO. 

So....

The Redskins gave up 3 first rounders and a second rounder, to move up four spots in 2012. If Philly can somehow swindle this deal, essentially giving up the same thing plus a couple of seconds and a couple of thirds, to move from the 20 spot to first overall, all the while stealing Mike Evans in the process, something would seriously be amiss. I just can't see how Philly fans get off thinking they should get the 7th overall pick from last year too. Screw Philly. 

haha Love your unvarnished honesty there Peytonator. It cracks me up. Besides, Chip is no NFL visionary because Mark Sanchez didn't get transformed into an elite QB. 

Ooh...1 whole year without a butt fumble hardly makes Mr. Kelly an esteemed NFL coach. He's very good, but far from great. 

That would mean that the Bucs are sold on Mariota over Winston. That's still too much to give up. Maybe 2-3 years worth of first round picks.

How did you come to that? If the Bucs trade the #1, they aren't sold on either of them. If they wanted and were sold on Mariota they would just take him. I would laugh if the Eagles did trade all of that to get him. He's going to be exposed as just another pretty good college QB who failed terribly in the NFL.

How did you come to that? If the Bucs trade the #1, they aren't sold on either of them. If they wanted and were sold on Mariota they would just take him. I would laugh if the Eagles did trade all of that to get him. He's going to be exposed as just another pretty good college QB who failed terribly in the NFL.

What I meant is that if they feel they have to get the number 1 overall pick to get Mariota, it means they think the Bucs would take him. If not they would make the deal with the Titans and draft him right after the Bucs draft Winston

What I meant is that if they feel they have to get the number 1 overall pick to get Mariota, it means they think the Bucs would take him. If not they would make the deal with the Titans and draft him right after the Bucs draft Winston

I think you missed the part about MIke Evans being a part of the deal. That's why Philly isn't looking at Tennessee in this. Besides, this rumor is about as fantasy as it gets. The Bucs would be stupid to give up the #1 and Mike Evans even with the Bucs getting a plethora of early picks.

The Eagles would be stupid to make that trade, and will get smacked around by Dallas for the next decade if they do.  They will be sitting at the bottom of the NFC East with the Redskins being irrelevant and talking about who made the worse trade for an overrated QB.

The Eagles would be stupid to make that trade, and will get smacked around by Dallas for the next decade if they do.  They will be sitting at the bottom of the NFC East with the Redskins being irrelevant and talking about who made the worse trade for an overrated QB.

IDK, I think they're following the Patriots model. They have a very good O-Line. Offensively, all they need is a QB and they'll be competitive. On D, they've got Kendricks, Alonso, 1st round pick Marcus Smith, and Malcom Jenkins. They're really just a few pieces away from making another playoff run. Sprinkle in a good aged FA here and there and they're set.

Only challenge is they would need to hit on as many late round picks as possible.

The Eagles would be stupid to make that trade, and will get smacked around by Dallas for the next decade if they do. They will be sitting at the bottom of the NFC East with the Redskins being irrelevant and talking about who made the worse trade for an overrated QB.

Yep....we needn't look any further than the RG3 template to see that NFL D-coordinators have, and will continue to dissect and destroy gimmick offenses.

Marcus Mariotta is a good kid and fun to watch operate that offense at the college level...but if Jeffrey Lurie allows that trade the Eagles deserve everything you described.

Teams learned from the Redskins stupid mistake, they won't do it again. Besides, they know the Bucs are taking Winston, the Titans are going to take Williams that would leave the Jags to jump to, or the Titans at the most. Neither would take Foles, but both would be open to a trade without going that postal. The Jags need a RB, ideally the #3 pick for McCoy, #20 and #52 with maybe a #2 next year. Of course the Eagles traded McCoy for an oft injured LB..

Teams learned from the Redskins stupid mistake, they won't do it again. Besides, they know the Bucs are taking Winston, the Titans are going to take Williams that would leave the Jags to jump to, or the Titans at the most. Neither would take Foles, but both would be open to a trade without going that postal. The Jags need a RB, ideally the #3 pick for McCoy, #20 and #52 with maybe a #2 next year. Of course the Eagles traded McCoy for an oft injured LB..

I agree that they wouldn't need the 1st pick which is why the trade seems even more ridiculous.  The only way this makes sense is if the Eagles think either 1) the Bucs are going to change their mind and go Mariota with the 1st, or 2) they think the Titans are going to take Mariota at #2 .... In the original scenario option 2 makes the most sense.  It would still be a stupid trade. but you can at least see why the Buc's price would be so high ... because if they make the trade they will do so with the intention of coming back up to 2 or 3 to get Winston, but they risk losing Winston to the Titans at #2 so the Eagles are also compensating the Bucs for the loss of Winston. 

That being said If this rumor is true (which I just can't fathom), and I am the Bucs I take the trade and get my QB next year, with the picks the Eagles are giving up they will easily have the firepower to get the QB and build a solid team around him.

I'm guessing this prediction will turn out like your Teddy Bridgewater prediction. 

The only way I can see any team falling for the Mariota scam is if they think the Jets want him. If they do you can bet that they know the Titan's pick is the place to be. The other concern is that the Browns will package both of their #1 picks to move up to #2. If that's the fear the Eagles would need a power move, but it seems counter productive to basically give away one of your best tradable players (McCoy) for a oft injured LB..

If they did trade for Evans, would that mean that they'll let Maclin walk? They would have Evans and Mathews so its not like they would need him.

Grigson probably still has a want for Maclin, he knows him well.  Grigs was instrumental in getting the Eagles to draft Maclin...regarded him as the best WR in the draft that year.