Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

just a fun little mock draft for the colts

I did a mock draft thing on a website that i have used the last couple of years for fun and it grades your picks for each round, and this is how i faired......thought i did quite well, considering i didn't make any trades lol

Your score is: 5540 (GRADE: A) 

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 29: Dorial Green-Beckham, WR, Oklahoma (B+)
Round 2 Pick 29: 
Tevin Coleman, RB, Indiana (A-)
Round 3 Pick 29: 
Derron Smith, FS, Fresno State (A)
Round 4 Pick 29: 
Rob Havenstein, OT, Wisconsin (A)
Round 5 Pick 29: 
Charles Gaines, CB, Louisville (A)
Round 6 Pick 29: 
Max Valles, OLB, Virginia (B+)
Round 6 Pick 31: 
Anthony Jefferson, SS, UCLA (A)
Round 7 Pick 28: 
Tony Washington, OLB, Oregon (B-)

I did a mock draft thing on a website that i have used the last couple of years for fun and it grades your picks for each round, and this is how i faired......thought i did quite well, considering i didn't make any trades lol

Your score is: 5540 (GRADE: A) 

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 29: Dorial Green-Beckham, WR, Oklahoma (B+)

Round 2 Pick 29: Tevin Coleman, RB, Indiana (A-)

Round 3 Pick 29: Derron Smith, FS, Fresno State (A)

Round 4 Pick 29: Rob Havenstein, OT, Wisconsin (A)

Round 5 Pick 29: Charles Gaines, CB, Louisville (A)

Round 6 Pick 29: Max Valles, OLB, Virginia (B+)

Round 6 Pick 31: Anthony Jefferson, SS, UCLA (A)

Round 7 Pick 28: Tony Washington, OLB, Oregon (B-)

I moved your thread over to the Draft / FA section. 

As much as I want a defensive player in the 1st, I guess I would be happy with this. I think DGB and Coleman are going to be stars, and I see a lot of potential in Derron Smith at FS too. Smith has the playmaking ability to be a really good FS IMO. I like Gaines a lot too. He'd be a good number 4 CB this season, and hopefully he'd develop into at least a good number 3. I like the Havenstein pick too. I do wonder if he'll stick at RT in though. He may have to be kicked inside because I don't know if he can handle some of the superstar edge rushers.

As much as I want a defensive player in the 1st, I guess I would be happy with this. I think DGB and Coleman are going to be stars, and I see a lot of potential in Derron Smith at FS too. Smith has the playmaking ability to be a really good FS IMO. I like Gaines a lot too. He'd be a good number 4 CB this season, and hopefully he'd develop into at least a good number 3. I like the Havenstein pick too. I do wonder if he'll stick at RT in though. He may have to be kicked inside because I don't know if he can handle some of the superstar edge rushers.

yeah i was curious on if Havenstein could handle blocking JJ Watt or not. he is probably better suited at RG, which is fine because we need someone there also. But if some way some how we were able to land DGB, Coleman and Smith in our first three rounds i could see that being a big win for us. 

Your score is: 4892 (GRADE: A-) 

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 31 (SEA): Dorial Green-Beckham, WR, Oklahoma (B+)
Round 2 Pick 31 (SEA): Tevin Coleman, RB, Indiana (A)
Round 3 Pick 18 (HOU): Jake Fisher, OT, Oregon (A)
Round 3 Pick 29: Grady Jarrett, DT, Clemson (B+)
Round 3 Pick 31 (SEA): John Miller, OG, Louisville (A)
Round 4 Pick 17 (HOU): Ibraheim Campbell, SS, Northwestern (A)
Round 4 Pick 29: Corey Crawford, DE, Clemson (B+)
Round 5 Pick 19 (BUF): Shaquille Mason, OG/C, Georgia Tech (A-)
Round 5 Pick 29: A.J. Johnson, ILB, Tennessee (E)
Round 6 Pick 19 (HOU): Bobby McCain, CB, Memphis (D-)
Round 6 Pick 29: Darren Waller, WR/TE, Georgia Tech (B-)
Round 6 Pick 31: Alani Fua, OLB, Brigham Young (D)
Round 7 Pick 17 (BUF): Tayo Fabuluje, OT, TCU ©
Round 7 Pick 28: James Castleman, DT, Oklahoma State (D)

So, tell me there's a HUGE difference in character between DBG and Da'Rick Rogers?? Before you start with how much better DBG is let me remind you that Rogers is ever bit as good, fast and tall, he just had his head stuck up his butt.

DBG is a problem, not one waiting to happen, but an already made problem. Lets not forget what he did to his girlfriend and threaten another, not a "Colt" type of guy IMO!!

So, tell me there's a HUGE difference in character between DBG and Da'Rick Rogers?? Before you start with how much better DBG is let me remind you that Rogers is ever bit as good, fast and tall, he just had his head stuck up his butt.

DBG is a problem, not one waiting to happen, but an already made problem. Lets not forget what he did to his girlfriend and threaten another, not a "Colt" type of guy IMO!!

Watch the tape. DGB has rare body control, with a little bit more size too. Most talented WR in this draft.

If Duh'Rick was that talented he wouldn't have went undrafted.

honestly I don't care. if he can prove that he won't be a problem off the field and turns out to be a stud in the NFL then that warrants a huge contract after his rookie contract is up. that is what i love about the new contract rules that were put into place a couple of years for first rounders. there is a max size contract allowed for each pick and the colts picking 29th his contract would be lower or the same amount as kelvin benjamin signed this last year being the 28th pick. 4 years at 7.6 million with 6.1 million guaranteed and a 3.8 million dollar signing bonus. it is really not a lot for a kid who could be really good in the NFL. i see no harm in a contract of that size and then I believe the colts are allowed to also a stipulation in his contract about domestic abuse if he is involved his contract can be voided ( not sure on it )  

Did a few and am somewhat happy with them.

Round 1 Pick 29: Eric Kendricks, ILB/OLB, UCLA (B+)

Round 2 Pick 29: Eddie Goldman, DT, Florida State (A)

Round 3 Pick 29: D.J. Humphries, OT, Florida (B+)

Round 4 Pick 29: Kurtis Drummond, FS, Michigan State (B+)

Round 5 Pick 29: Chris Conley, WR, Georgia (B+)

Round 6 Pick 29: Malcolm Brown, RB, Texas (A)

Round 6 Pick 31: Jeff Luc, ILB, Cincinnati (F)

Round 7 Pick 28: Adam Shead, OG, Oklahoma (C+)

And this one:

Round 1 Pick 29: Eric Kendricks, ILB/OLB, UCLA (B+)

Round 2 Pick 29: Derron Smith, FS, Fresno State (A-)

Round 3 Pick 29: David Cobb, RB, Minnesota (A)

Round 4 Pick 29: Henry Anderson, DE, Stanford (A-)

Round 5 Pick 29: Chris Conley, WR, Georgia (B+)

Round 6 Pick 29: Quandre Diggs, CB, Texas (A-)

Round 6 Pick 31: Ben Beckwith, OG, Mississippi State (B)

Round 7 Pick 28: Max Valles, OLB, Virginia (D-

He didn't go undrafted because of talent, which he had plenty of, he went undrafted because of his character concerns. When you run into the law multiple times your chances run out.

No you don't. Jameis Winston, Honey Badger, Beckham Green, etc. if you are talented enough, they will draft you.