Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will we target Suh or McCourty?

Which player are we most likely to go after or sign? I think its gotta be Suh. With the cap going up and up, I think we could sign Suh, then still be able to get say, Searcy, Hali, and Iupati. Then we'd still have plenty for our own guys. I'm just curious as to which (if either) you guys think we're more likely to make a serious run at or to sign.

If I had to pick Id say Suh.  It would be nice to get both, we need a safety too and McCourty's one of the best and also if McCourty came to Indy that would mean he isn't in NE anymore which is huge.  If I had to pick Id go with Suh depnding on the contract.  If we got one of them two Id be extremely happy. Kind of off topic but  I would be very excitied if the Colts rumor of getting Brandon Marshall came true, Luck with a 6'4" athletic receiver would be fun to watch!

Nobody knows what NE thinks ...  

BB has really done well with Tom Brady.         BB's roster moves have left a LOT TO BE DESIRED.   

In fact BB's drafting has down right sucked.      

McCourty,  but I don't expect for him to be available.    I think a deal gets done.

And what tells me that is that NE just put the Franchise Tag on their kicker.

You wouldn't do that if you needed it for your safety.

McCourty, but I don't expect for him to be available. I think a deal gets done.

And what tells me that is that NE just put the Franchise Tag on their kicker.

You wouldn't do that if you needed it for your safety.

if they don't get revise done by match tenth, they couldn't afford to tag mccourty

if they don't get revise done by match tenth, they couldn't afford to tag mccourty

Not sure I follow....    they decided not to tag Revis.

How does not getting Revis done make it so they couldn't afford to tag McCourty.

I'm sure you making sense (you always do)  but you've lost me here.    Sorry....

Not sure I follow.... they decided not to tag Revis.

How does not getting Revis done make it so they couldn't afford to tag McCourty.

I'm sure you making sense (you always do) but you've lost me here. Sorry....

they can't tag revis, he is under contract for 25 million. That leaves them very little cap space until they either cut him or restructure his contract.

Why would we target neither? It wouldn't make sense to me. Especially with the cap being 20 million higher than two years ago, and probably another 10 million higher next season. Play time's over. Its time to bring in some superstar playmakers if we want to win the super bowl and have a juggernaut, bully of a team.

N Suh is on the market...   I am positive...   Grigs will make a very hard play for him.  

And this is the EXACT type player Indy NEEDS.   

Do it.....

Yep your exactly right. For some reason some people on here want us to keep playing soft. Give me some big nasty players like Suh.

If Grigs has the stones, he will sign both Suh and McCourty....he has the $$$.

...and then sign only ONE more TOP FA...I like Cobb or Maclin (who did not get tagged)...Maclin is a Reggie clone only faster...same size/weight, great hands and ability to get open, and he turns 27 this May.

And DO NOT sign ANY middle-of-the-road semi-good players to $4M-$6M contracts...it is a total waste of Irsay's dollars for mediocre talent who are slightly better than who we already have and often turn out worse than who we have...just back-fill as best as possible from the draft and CFAs and cheap FAs.

If Grigs has the stones, he will sign both Suh and McCourty....he has the $$$.

...and then sign only ONE more TOP FA...

It has nothing to do with stones.  He has to consider resigning Luck, TY, and a few others who will be getting huge raises next year (maybe even this year if they extend early).  Hopefully he's thinking ahead about what has to happen next year and the years after (I'm 100% sure he is).

Signing three top FA is not realistic IMO.

Suh would be getting a contract bigger that the one JJ Watt got.. Idk but that kind of of contract will limit our teams cap for a long time. And with the 2012 draft class needing new contracts soon i dont think it would be wise especially since we have to pay Luck top dollar,, McCourty on the other hand is just what the doctor ordered for our secondary! I've read that he is #1 on our free agent list. If we get Knighton and Wisnewski then we would have our anchors for the trenches set for a while Grigs make it happen!!!

It has nothing to do with stones.  He has to consider resigning Luck, TY, and a few others who will be getting huge raises next year (maybe even this year if they extend early).  Hopefully he's thinking ahead about what has to happen next year and the years after (I'm 100% sure he is).

Signing three top FA is not realistic IMO.

OK, then I will be happy with 2......just want quality instead of quantity for a change.

The big stupidity would be for Grigs to spend $30M on 5 or 6 mediocre players, especially if they were long-in-the-tooth.