Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Revis expected to hit FA.

Chances he's back with the Patriots if he hits free agency are slim.

The only silver lining that I could scrape out of that scenario is that it would free up enough cap room for the Pats to resign every single one of their impending free agents and still have money to go after other available free agents.

But I would not be pleased to see him go, that'd be rough

Meh, that is more or less a rumor at this point. Still a week to go. Other reporters have said the team is close to a deal with him.

admit that you'll enter cap hell in resigning revis, mccourty, gostowski and others and also that patriot fans are stupid for thinking suh will take a vet min there

admit that you'll enter cap hell in resigning revis, mccourty, gostowski and others and also that patriot fans are stupid for thinking suh will take a vet min there

What are you talking about? Pats can resign all those guys and I have not seen one Pats fan talk about Suh coming on a vet min to NE.

he is going to get offers from other teams before he signs with the pats. Why wouldn't he?

He can do whatever he wants. We don't even know what the Pats have offered or what he wants. Everything is just speculation at this point with more than a week to go before FA ...

He can do whatever he wants. We don't even know what the Pats have offered or what he wants. Everything is just speculation at this point with more than a week to go before FA ...

looks like mccourty is going to hit free agency as well.

he is going to get offers from other teams before he signs with the pats. Why wouldn't he?

If he gets the offer he wants from them, I think he'd accept it. But if he wants to be the highest paid CB and wants a longer term deal, I don't think the Pats will rise to that level. 

Yeah. Some scuttle here that they may tag Goskowski instead.

Which makes sense.. I think McCourty really wants to stay in NE.. They have a lot of tough decisions to make, but in the end I think they make it work. But.. If he does not the open market.. The Colts NEED to sign him.

Here is what Schefty actually said on Colin. How John M. took these comments to mean Revis is hitting FA is beyond me.

Adam Schefter's take on Darrelle Revis

March, 2, 2015
Mar 2
2:40
PM ET
By ESPNBoston.com | ESPN.com

ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter was a guest on ESPN Radio’s “The Herd” program on Monday morning, and the topic of cornerback Darrelle Revis was brought up. Schefter pointed out that Revis is technically under contract for 2015 with a $25 million cap charge, and then said, “It would surprise me if New England picked that up."

Schefter then talked about Revis hitting the open market because of that, where he is projected to be “another coveted free agent.”

Schefter’s thoughts on the Patriots possibly retaining Revis?

“This is all comes down to what Darrelle Revis wants to do. He’s got a Super Bowl ring. His career has been validated. He’s got one more big score left; big score in terms of big contracts. So does he want to go take that big contract with a team like the New York Jets, who are dying to make a run at Darrelle Revis? Or the Buffalo Bills? Or is he willing to take less to go back to play with Tom Brady and Bill Belichick and be in the environment he’s been in in New England? That’s a call that only he can make," Schefter said.

"At this point in his career, he has made a ton of money. A ton of money -- all together with marketing, contracts, he’s probably made $100 million. So what do you want to do in your very last big deal? That’s the decision that Darrelle Revis has to make.”

###

Basically, Schefty said everything everyone else has been saying. Pats are not picking up that crazy option and it all comes down to if Revis wants to be the highest paid CB in the game or remain in NE and go after another ring.

Here is what Schefty actually said on Colin. How John M. took these comments to mean Revis is hitting FA is beyond me.

Adam Schefter's take on Darrelle Revis

March, 2, 2015
Mar 2
2:40
PM ET
By ESPNBoston.com | ESPN.com

ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter was a guest on ESPN Radio’s “The Herd” program on Monday morning, and the topic of cornerback Darrelle Revis was brought up. Schefter pointed out that Revis is technically under contract for 2015 with a $25 million cap charge, and then said, “It would surprise me if New England picked that up."

Schefter then talked about Revis hitting the open market because of that, where he is projected to be “another coveted free agent.”

Schefter’s thoughts on the Patriots possibly retaining Revis?

“This is all comes down to what Darrelle Revis wants to do. He’s got a Super Bowl ring. His career has been validated. He’s got one more big score left; big score in terms of big contracts. So does he want to go take that big contract with a team like the New York Jets, who are dying to make a run at Darrelle Revis? Or the Buffalo Bills? Or is he willing to take less to go back to play with Tom Brady and Bill Belichick and be in the environment he’s been in in New England? That’s a call that only he can make," Schefter said.

"At this point in his career, he has made a ton of money. A ton of money -- all together with marketing, contracts, he’s probably made $100 million. So what do you want to do in your very last big deal? That’s the decision that Darrelle Revis has to make.”

###

Basically, Schefty said everything everyone else has been saying. Pats are not picking up that crazy option and it all comes down to if Revis wants to be the highest paid CB in the game or remain in NE and go after another ring.

If someone is making a determination like this without at least a clue of something from Revis or his agent , it's really bad reporting. Any * would realize the NE is not going to pick up that 20 mill option and any * would know if he wants to maximize this contract , he need to hit the market. So I guess I would love to know what prompted that tweet ?

If someone is making a determination like this without at least a clue of something from Revis or his agent , it's really bad reporting. Any * would realize the NE is not going to pick up that 20 mill option and any * would know if he wants to maximize this contract , he need to hit the market. So I guess I would love to know what prompted that tweet ?

I agree. Both the Pats AND Revis' camp have been quiet which has led most to believe a deal is in the works given how vocal Revis is with his contract demands. But still as you say, to say Revis is hitting the market is terrible journalism based on Schefty's interview.

The pats just franchised Goskowski which makes most believe something is in the works with McCourty. We'll see.

I agree. Both the Pats AND Revis' camp have been quiet which has led most to believe a deal is in the works given how vocal Revis is with his contract demands. But still as you say, to say Revis is hitting the market is terrible journalism based on Schefty's interview.

The pats just franchised Goskowski which makes most believe something is in the works with McCourty. We'll see.

What little bit has been leaked out , I'm of the opinion that both DB's prefer to stay in NE . However , this often the case and it changes quickly if players feel they are being low balled. So until I see something from the player's camp that at least insinuates that the negotiations are not going well , I'll assume the likelihood is they both stay in NE.

Name ONE Patriot fan who thinks that about Suh.

No fan thinks that lol...that guy is going to get paid big time by someone and EVERYONE knows it....I'm sure he was trying to get your goat. Honestly I would be surprised if he doesn't re-sign with the Pats. He seemed very comfortable in their system but I also think he realizes the business side of the NFL. The Patriots often ask their stars to restructure or take less and I don't see Revis as that guy. The way he has structured his contracts in the past...he has always bet on himself and left little money on the table. The Patriots are going to have to pay him top dollar to retain him.....I don't think he is going to take much less. Whether that happens...time will tell. I would imagine Buffalo, NY, and probably teams like Philly and others will be offering much more than what the Pats are willing to stomach.

Now watch Revis somehow clear waivers and the Pats sign him for vet minimum. They tell Revis, "Hey, we want to sign you for less money. We're going to let you go, but don't worry, we've threatened all 31 other teams into not signing you, so you'll come back to us." Gotta love the process.

Chances he's back with the Patriots if he hits free agency are slim.

The only silver lining that I could scrape out of that scenario is that it would free up enough cap room for the Pats to resign every single one of their impending free agents and still have money to go after other available free agents.

But I would not be pleased to see him go, that'd be rough

That would be a shame if he pulled a Deion Sanders move. 

Finally get a ring with a stellar team and then bail town. I thought it was wrong when Sanders did that to the 49ers after one season where he got a ring (I know he got a second with Dallas, but the league is not the way it was back in those days) 

I hope he resigns with the pats actually. I want one more shot at the pats at full strength to see if we can actually beat the best. i will actually be disappointed if he doesn't resign.

Screw that.  LOL  I predicted the Pats would win the Super Bowl when they acquired Revis last off season. He was the difference maker in my opinion. The guy their defense needed to transcend to the next level.   If they lose Revis that brings them back  to earth and makes them more susceptible.  Each season is its own animal.  We can't play the 2014 Pats again.  What's important is being able to beat them next year regardless of whether or not they are as good as last year.

That would be a shame if he pulled a Deion Sanders move. 

Finally get a ring with a stellar team and then bail town. I thought it was wrong when Sanders did that to the 49ers after one season where he got a ring (I know he got a second with Dallas, but the league is not the way it was back in those days) 

NFL is a business.  Revis and New England got their ring together.  If the Pats don't want to pay the man what he feels he is worth then he is free to move on to someone else who will.  I say more power to him if that is what he decides to do.  At the end of the day, Revis and the Pats both got what they wanted...a Super Bowl. 

Here we go again....

You don't like someone's opinion and you rant that it's "terrible journalism"......

It's his opinion, nothing more.    Someone asked for his view on what could happen,  he offered it.

Stop being so offended just because you don't like it.

Screw that. LOL I predicted the Pats would win the Super Bowl when they acquired Revis last off season. He was the difference maker in my opinion. The guy their defense needed to transcend to the next level. If they lose Revis that brings them back to earth and makes them more susceptible. Each season is its own animal. We can't play the 2014 Pats again. What's important is being able to beat them next year regardless of whether or not they are as good as last year.

The 'difference maker' was Russell Wilson.

Here we go again....

You don't like someone's opinion and you rant that it's "terrible journalism"......

It's his opinion, nothing more.    Someone asked for his view on what could happen,  he offered it.

Stop being so offended just because you don't like it.

Huh? I had no issue with Schefty. My issue was with the tweet from Middlekauf saying Revis is expected to hit the market. Schefty never said that and only implied that would be the case if the two sides could not reach an agreement. And I would not call that "journalism." The tweet that is. It is just viral campaigning.