Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patty Mac tweets Suh

PeterBowman

Is this actually legal?  Could it be considered tampering since Suh is a Lion still?

I know he is not specifically asking him to be a Colt but still.  

I doubt that could be considered tampering, i mean all he said was this is how indy looks right now and that was it. 

Is Suh really asking for $26 million a year? That's insane.

No, but I think he would count around $26 million against the Lions if they chose to franchise tag him.

He is reportedly asking for around the six-year, $100 million deal that Watt signed.  That's around $16.6 million per year.

Is this actually legal?  Could it be considered tampering since Suh is a Lion still?

I know he is not specifically asking him to be a Colt but still.  

No, tampering I believe is only if the owners or staff talk to him about moving. Players try to convince each other all the time.

No, tampering I believe is only if the owners or staff talk to him about moving. Players try to convince each other all the time.

Correct, I remember D-Free joking with Fat Albert before he hit free agency about becoming a Colt. It was a random ESPN interview before the Pro Bowl. It's insanity if anyone thinks that this isn't commonplace.

No, that's just what it would have cost the Lions to place the franchise tag on him.  And the reason it would have been so high was because he was a #2 pick in the draft when rookie contracts were still ridiculously high -- and with the franchise tag he would have to make 120% of what he made last year or the average of the top DL in the league.  I think it was the 120% of what he made last year is what made the franchise unreasonable for him.  That situation won't happen again under the new CBA (at least the huge rookie contracts for high draft picks which is what lead to this).

Had they franchised him I bet he would have signed it immediately and played next year for $26M.. then became a free agent again the next year.

No..that was his salary cap hit..That's why the Lions had to step back..

Colts could make a strong offer but they have a lot of major players to sign in the next year..

But just so Suh knows how good the weather is this time of year!

Well what did he tweet him saying?

Thank you for saying that PC-32. I can understand if a forum poster is not familiar with how to display a tweet properly which is fine, just please tell me what was said for future reference PeterBoman if you ever start a thread like this again. 

Why? Because it's like saying a comedian was hilarious last night without including his or her set or any puchlines. It's a peep peeve of mine actually. It's like saying, "LOL! You had to be there dude. It was a riot." 

Well, I wasn't there but can you at least give me a sample? Kudos to those members who gave SW1 the necessary context!  :hat:

No, but I hope he does after he retires a colt. Maybe in media relations. 

Yeah, Pat would be a genius in media relations & fundraising for charitable Colts causes too. Pat could ice to an eskimo, oil in Iraq, & convince wealthy individuals to open their wallets at will. He's a natural Indigo. 

There's probably a team willing to pay him more than 2/11 mill though.

Maybe, and I think he'd be worth it especially with us. Im sure Grigs wont break the bank but Im positive AJ and the Colts will both be on each others radar. No denying he'd be an excellent pick up for the monster. He's still an absolute stud in my eyes.