Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

No Inactive List For Thursday Games?

HtownColt

Other than the traditional Turkey day games it wouldn't make me mad to do away with all other Thursday games. That would eliminate the problems at hand.

Agree. These Thursday games usually just make for bad football.

While its nice to have only a few days between football, the Thursday games, as evidenced by last year, where mostly non competitive. Also they constantly screw me up in fantasy :) I could get behind a marquee College football game taking the spotlight on Thursday nights, but it's unnecessary for the NFL IMO.

I agree that it makes sense, but why not simply do away with it for all games? And while they're at it, expand the roster to 55 players. Too often because of mid game injuries teams find themselves under manned at certain positions. Going to 55, all being allowed to dress and play on game days, would solve the problem.

I'm totally fine with thursday night games....just have them the week after the bye...and give teams two bye weeks a year. Plenty of games to watch...I just don't get why they need so many teams playing each week. Sure it would add 1 more week to the year but really...who has a problem starting the season a week earlier?

Other than the traditional Turkey day games it wouldn't make me mad to do away with all other Thursday games. That would eliminate the problems at hand.

They are a gold mine for the NFL and for CBS.....

They will always be played going forward..

...and it is a good idea to allow all 53 to dress...although few of those extras would play in a close game

I don't know if you need 60 but I've never understood the need for the inactive list..

....at the very least....it helps on special teams....backup long snapper...2 kickera and a punter.

I don't see why not

Yeah, I don't get it either. If you have 53 on the roster, you should be able to have them all active game day.

They are a gold mine for the NFL and for CBS.....

They will always be played going forward..

...and it is a good idea to allow all 53 to dress...although few of those extras would play in a close game

I agree for sure but still don't like it. Teams play better with the whole week to heal and prepare. But it is what it is.

The NFL is thinking all about money though. The Thursday games are just about that. increased revenue with the weekly thursday night game. I think they are a bad idea simply because that is a short schedule to go into a game with just a few days to prepare. Many of them last year were blow outs too. 

I agree for sure but still don't like it. Teams play better with the whole week to heal and prepare. But it is what it is.

Don't fall for that CC..

Talking heads on TV tell you that team play better with a week.

The games actually don't show that. there's really bad games on Sunday, too. Lots of them.

..and there's no stats...none..that show there are more injuries on Thursday night.

Players whine about everything

Don't fall for that CC..

Talking heads on TV tell you that team play better with a week.

The games actually don't show that. there's really bad games on Sunday, too. Lots of them.

..and there's no stats...none..that show there are more injuries on Thursday night.

Players whine about everything

I am not falling for anything. It's just my opinion, that's all. IMO it stands to reason that a team would play better when having 6 days to heal and prepare rather than 3 days.

The day gap between football game sis totally arbitrary. If 6 is better than 3..thamn teams would play better after a bye week and they don't.

\

there are absolutely no facts that state that 6 days or 5 days (in the case of Monday night) is better for the product and the player.

Its just something somebody says..and its a sore spot with me because everyone ignores fact. They've played football on Thursday morning and afternoon (Thanksgiving) since the Korean War and nobody complained *(everyone thought it was an honor) until they scheduled games on Thursday night...Now its terrible football

Makes no sense, Not a bit

Honestly I'd be ok with them getting rid of Thursday games.  

Traditionally you watch a Thursday game and you are watching 2 teams who have gotten very little time to prepare for one another.  I think it brings the quality down significantly.