Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

demarco murray

Don't know this guy but people are retweeting him on my timeline

@Jay_NFL: Report: Demarco Murray may be an Indianapolis Colt within the coming days. Talks are starting to generate between the two sides. #Colts #NFL

ugh! Murray is a product of the cowboys line hope its not true

@Jay_NFL: Report: Demarco Murray may be an Indianapolis Colt within the coming days. Talks are starting to generate between the two sides. #Colts #NFL

I really REALLY hope this is misinformation. .

So if all these reports are to be true...that means we are signing branch, AP, Murray and Suh. Oh and Andre johnson

Thank goodness player accept Monopoly money in addition to actual money. $10 million in US currency to Suh with an $850 billion (monopoly) signing bonus.

ugh! Murray is a product of the cowboys line hope its not true

Really not the entire picture. I watched a film on him and it pointed out that he has great vision , very good power and is very good in the open field. Very impressive how he hit holes you could barely see existed . Plays where T.R. would have been buried behind the LOS.

Not saying that I believe the Colts should break the bank signing him , but he is one very good RB. In fact I would say I'm about 55-45 in favor of signing a cheaper guy or drafting one.

Unbelievable.

Grigson might be biting on another RB with inflated production due to a top level offensive line. And this one even has significant injury issues.

Please look elsewhere.

IMO the Colts need to pass on Murray. If you look at his history he has yet to have a full season injury free dating all the way back to high school. All the talent in the world does no good when your injured. Was his yardage last season a product of the Cowboys beast o-line? Yes. Will Murray cash in on the Cowboys beast o-line? Yes. I just hope it's not in Indy.

My prediction for the future is that the draft will be the one stop shop for RBs for most teams. It's such a plug and play position.

But what'll happen is every time a RB comes off a good year at the end of his rookie deal, he'll want to get resigned for a big contract. With how devalued the RB position is, teams will pass on guys in FA.

Either the market will fall or teams will just draft a guy every couple of years. No one is going to pay big money for a 5-6 year player that's easily replaceable.

What? That would be highly illegal. Teams can't talk to players before Saturday. This is nonsense. 

I hope not

Given Murrays injury history, and the style of play in Indianapolis with a preference on passing I'm not inclined to pay a Free Agent running back a whole lot of money.  I'd pay some decent coin to a top tier running back in the draft somewhere between rounds 1 and 3.   Tha'ts my outlook

We should have already learned our lesson on highly touted RBs.  Murray was overused and his YPC declined incrementally from September to December.  Factor in that he won't have 3 pro bowlers on the O-line and you've got a recipe for disaster with an injury-prone player.  Draft smart and clean up the trash after the draft with UFA's too.  Karlos Williams from Florida State perhaps...

Cowboys | DeMarco Murray likely to re-up in Dallas    Sat Mar 7, 04:15 PM

Dallas Cowboys impending free-agent RB DeMarco Murray appears likely to re-sign with the Dallas Cowboys, according to several league sources.

Footballguys view: The Cowboys were betting on this, and that's why they made Dez Bryant their franchise player. Murray may find a cooler-than-expected market as a free agent. Not because of him--he's one of the best in the game--but because of the nature of the running back position. It is incredibly devalued in today's NFL.

Link to story
DeMarco Murray player page