Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

realistic three round picks two free agent wish list and two flyers

Yes ! between the cash it would cost and changing the Defence, a big no. I'm not saying he isnt good, just wouldnt be good for our scheme.

This is the second time you mentioned this. Nobody is saying to change the defense.

You wouldn't have to change the defense for Suh. Besides lets say Suh wants to average 14 million a year. A lot of the second or third tier pass rushers in FA will command 8-10 million if rumours are to be believed. I'd rather have the second most dominant defender in the league for that little bit more. Beast against the run and a strong interior rusher is invaluable against the elite QBs in the league.

I say no to Suh as well. Forgot the 2012 draft class, and let's look a bit further. Paying him that type of money means down the line, someone good is going to have to be let go in order to pay him. What if Newsome becomes an elite pass rusher? What if one of our 2015 draft picks becomes top 5 at his position?

Plus real elite players don't hit FA. Better to just keep drafting well and try and get your own Suh. Maybe you won't get a guy as good as Suh, but good enough if the rest of your team is strong. The position that you need the most elite talent at is QB, and we've checked that box.

I am not wishing time away but it's going to be a long off season. 100 mock drafts get old. The thing is Grigson will have his list and no matter what we think is going to sway his choice. I understand we have to have something for our football fixes but mock draft after mock drafts don't have any bearing on anything.

I am not wishing time away but it's going to be a long off season. 100 mock drafts get old. The thing is Grigson will have his list and no matter what we think is going to sway his choice. I understand we have to have something for our football fixes but mock draft after mock drafts don't have any bearing on anything.

It get's the juices of conversation going and gives you good insight. It's the same thing that can make debates enjoyable. No one knows for sure what will happen but everyone has a different take, and it can be interesting to see how different people view things. Plus mock drafts can be like puzzle games; you try and fit each prospect to a certain team to see where they fit. But to each his own I guess

It get's the juices of conversation going and gives you good insight. It's the same thing that can make debates enjoyable. No one knows for sure what will happen but everyone has a different take, and it can be interesting to see how different people view things. Plus mock drafts can be like puzzle games; you try and fit each prospect to a certain team to see where they fit. But to each his own I guess

That's cool. But I can almost predict that no matter who Grigson does pick there will be those who will have a problem with it because it didn't match their mock draft. You must admit sometimes the negativity gets very deep in this forum. Like you say, to each his or her own.

That's cool. But I can almost predict that no matter who Grigson does pick there will be those who will have a problem with it because it didn't match their mock draft. You must admit sometimes the negativity gets very deep in this forum. Like you say, to each his or her own.

I think that is moreso with the extreme cases where people get so caught up on favorites, they forget who the G.M. is. There was a guy like that last year who had this specific mock that he thought the Colts had to follow. I forget his username (might have been BurleyKid or something like that). Others like myself like sizing up players and hoping the Colt draft them. If not you're happy to see them go to a good team that will use them right....unless of course it's a division rival haha

Besides, nothing satisfies everyone because we all have our own cups of tea. There will always be dissention. That's just a basic part of life. You can't please everyone. But most people know enough to know when the G.M. has made a questionable decision like drafting Bjoern Werner.

First-marcus Peters

Second-Michael Bennett

third-Denzel Perryman(might be a little stretch)

FA-frank gore and nick Fairley

Flyers ngata and b marshall

Perryman is a borderline first rounder.. More than a little stretch.

This is the second time you mentioned this. Nobody is saying to change the defense.

Hopefully third time is the Charm..If you think Suh can be effective in our scheme you dont know much about football ! Yes, Suh is a dominate player, but not on our defence. What is he ?? a 5 Tech only ???

Hopefully third time is the Charm..If you think Suh can be effective in our scheme you dont know much about football ! Yes, Suh is a dominate player, but not on our defence. What is he ?? a 5 Tech only ???

He could play 5 or three or 1 tech NT and 0 Tech

Yawn.

He could play 5 or three or 1 tech NT and 0 Tech

Yeah he could,  but why in the world would he want to if he can stay in his much preferred 4-3 defense and live happily ever after playing the 3-tech?

A 3-tech in a 4-man front is different than a 3-tech in a 3-man front.

I don't see Suh wanting to play for any team which runs a 3-4 defense.    But who knows,  maybe a large enough check would change his mind?

First-marcus Peters

Second-Michael Bennett

third-Denzel Perryman(might be a little stretch)

FA-frank gore and nick Fairley

Flyers ngata and b marshall

DJ Humphries

Jordan Phillips

Stephone Anthony

Nick Fairley

Da'Norris Searcy

Justin Houston

CJ Spiller

ok I was just wondering cause if we could get a NT upgrade in the draft I would not have any reason to want Knighton or Williams like I said in the other thread.

And do you know any NT draft options for us that are some what realistic?

My beef is that Chapman wasn't a problem. I think our NT play is fine, and we are actually decent defending. Our gap play and tackling are the issues when we do get run on. So to me, getting better at DE and DT and tackling better at LB and S are the fixes.

My beef is that Chapman wasn't a problem. I think our NT play is fine, and we are actually decent defending. Our gap play and tackling are the issues when we do get run on. So to me, getting better at DE and DT and tackling better at LB and S are the fixes.

ok I aso wouldn't mind dropping Knighton or Williams for Fairley.

So basically in FA I'd look at Moore, Fairley and Houston plus the cheap Branch deal that covers both S OLB and DE. Then in the draft hopefully get Kendricks in the 1st and an OT in the 2nd not sure who don't watch alot of CFB

ok I aso wouldn't mind dropping Knighton or Williams for Fairley.

So basically in FA I'd look at Moore, Fairley and Houston plus the cheap Branch deal that covers both S OLB and DE. Then in the draft hopefully get Kendricks in the 1st and an OT in the 2nd not sure who don't watch alot of CFB

I like Kendricks. I don't know if he'll be BPA at #29, but I still like him. But, I could live with Stephone Anthony instead of him. Kendricks is better in coverage, but Anthony has better size, and I think will be there at the end of the third.

This offseason, I hope we add some difference makers. I think Houston is probably a pipe dream, although I'd take him for sure; in reality, I can't imagine KC not tagging him, at the very least. But Fairley I like, and think he'd improve the interior pass rush. 

I like Kendricks. I don't know if he'll be BPA at #29, but I still like him. But, I could live with Stephone Anthony instead of him. Kendricks is better in coverage, but Anthony has better size, and I think will be there at the end of the third.

This offseason, I hope we add some difference makers. I think Houston is probably a pipe dream, although I'd take him for sure; in reality, I can't imagine KC not tagging him, at the very least. But Fairley I like, and think he'd improve the interior pass rush.

I too wouldn't mind Anthony later in the draft if that means adding another possible playmaker in the 1st instead of Kendricks and who know the tag deadline is tomorrow if they don't tag him and he can test FA I think we would be interested

I too want difference makers on our D that's why I'm looking at so many D FAs and draft possibilities Vontae needs help and Mathis is a? And in the decline