Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Matt Forte trade rumored?

I don't see him getting traded myself, but if he is on the market (I cant find anything to suggest he is) heck yeah I'd want him for like a 5th round pick or something, but definitely no 2nd. We could just get Tevin Coleman in the 2nd, who IMO, will be a better back and is a lot younger.

No thank you. He's wayyyy overrated.

Woah. There are many reasons to not like to trade for him. But I don't think you can question his skills. His pass catching is second to none, and he's a workhorse behind a line that had been pretty bad his whole career. Forte is elite.

Woah. There are many reasons to not like to trade for him. But I don't think you can question his skills. His pass catching is second to none, and he's a workhorse behind a line that had been pretty bad his whole career. Forte is elite.

Forte had 100+ Receptions.. as a RB that looks impressive, right? Nope. Not to me at least almost all his catches were just dinky little dump-offs in Trestman's stupid scheme. Not only does it not take a lot of skill to catch those, but as a 30 year old RB, it is a lot of Wear and Tear on his body. I think people are wowed by the 8-12 reception games, they skip right over the rushing stats. He barely even had 1000 yards rushing this year... That is why I say Forte is overrated, so yes infact I can question his skills. I am always in titled to my own opinion a swell, even if I had no justification, but I do.

If Forte is on the block I would happily give a second round pick for him.

Dude has the Colts play style down to a beautiful science!

Are you being serious?

You'd give up a 2nd for a 29 year old RB that has had over 2200 touches.

This is a deep RB class for our second you could get a really good back that doesn't have all the hits on him.

Are you being serious?

You'd give up a 2nd for a 29 year old RB that has had over 2200 touches.

This is a deep RB class for our second you could get a really good back that doesn't have all the hits on him.

AHA! I didn't say what year's second rounder I would give for him. I WIN!

A second rounder period seems a little crazy for a dude that old who has been a work horse for so many years.

Ok, Colts can stick with TRich then and go into the playoffs one dimensional again.

Oh wait, he swore to the fans that he would not get benched again. AFCCG didn't count.

Ok, Colts can stick with TRich then and go into the playoffs one dimensional again.

Oh wait, he swore to the fans that he would not get benched again. AFCCG didn't count.

There are a ton of options this off-season at rb that don't involve trading picks for guys without much time left. I'd rather spend a first on an elite rookie than a second on someone who's almost thirty.

If the Bears are smart they would package Cutler with Forte and Marshall to a team like the Bills and pick up some picks and a player or 2. If nothing else free up a ton of cap space, because the Bears aren't winning with those guys anyway..

I agree we need help at RB but Forte for a second does not seem like a smart move to me. Maybe I am missing something.

I am not sure how you leaped from trading a second for Forte to going with Trent at RB I certainly don't think that is a good idea. I am pretty sure you'd have a hard time finding anyone advocating for that.

I like Forte. Dude is an elite receiver out of the backfield and makes bad o-lines look a lot better than they actually are.

If he was 25 or 26 I woulnt even question trading #29 for him. But him going into hi age 30 season? I'd give a 3rd but nothing more.

Forte had 100+ Receptions.. as a RB that looks impressive, right? Nope. Not to me at least almost all his catches were just dinky little dump-offs in Trestman's stupid scheme. Not only does it not take a lot of skill to catch those, but as a 30 year old RB, it is a lot of Wear and Tear on his body. I think people are wowed by the 8-12 reception games, they skip right over the rushing stats. He barely even had 1000 yards rushing this year... That is why I say Forte is overrated, so yes infact I can question his skills. I am always in titled to my own opinion a swell, even if I had no justification, but I do.

you really think rb's who catch the ball are supposed to go out and catch some 40 yard bombs? Or even catch 20 yard passes? The dude had 808 yards receiving as a rb on top of 1038 yards rushing.....He was 48% of his teams total offense last year...If anything he is underrated because his team is not a playoff contender year in and year out...That's also with an O Line that's still not good

There are a ton of options this off-season at rb that don't involve trading picks for guys without much time left. I'd rather spend a first on an elite rookie than a second on someone who's almost thirty.

I gotcha, I really do but... I was just kidding. I know the thought of sending picks to another team for a RB make some members of this forum lose their shiitake mushrooms and that is OK. 

I find it funny that I get more replies to my posts when I am being sarcastic/ludacris in my reasoning than I do when I am be honest and insightful.

A couple of you replied and I had fun... now I am bored.

Board = board games = FRAG = fun = whatever this was.

I agree we need help at RB but Forte for a second does not seem like a smart move to me. Maybe I am missing something.

I am not sure how you leaped from trading a second for Forte to going with Trent at RB I certainly don't think that is a good idea. I am pretty sure you'd have a hard time finding anyone advocating for that.

I was just having a bit of fun. I do think Forte would be a nice option but never at the cost of a second rounder. 

My reasoning for having Forte on the team may be a silly one but, hear me out. He is dangerous in the passing game and our Oline is still a problem. Right now, i would like to have a RB who just gets the yards no matter what and Forte has done that for several season. Then, when our Oline is one of our strengths... Forte will still be serviceable and  life will be easier for whoever our young RB may be.

Another crazy thought i have from time to time is that Ballard will bounce back and we can get a very manageable second contract out of him... next thing you know... RB is a strength as well and at pennies on the dollar.

I was just having a bit of fun. I do think Forte would be a nice option but never at the cost of a second rounder.

My reasoning for having Forte on the team may be a silly one but, hear me out. He is dangerous in the passing game and our Oline is still a problem. Right now, i would like to have a RB who just gets the yards no matter what and Forte has done that for several season. Then, when our Oline is one of our strengths... Forte will still be serviceable and life will be easier for whoever our young RB may be.

Another crazy thought i have from time to time is that Ballard will bounce back and we can get a very manageable second contract out of him... next thing you know... RB is a strength as well and at pennies on the dollar.

You weren't having a bit of fun, you realized it was a bad idea. If not, you wouldn't continue to defend your reasoning. It's okay to realize it's a bad idea.