Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Team of the Decade

JerodMayo51

The Patriots were the team of the decade in the 2000's, and now into the 2nd decade from 2010+ it looks like they're still the team of the new decade..

The greatest run in NFL history.

Super Bowl Victories
t-1. New England Patriots (1)
t-1. Seattle Seahawks (1)
t-1. Baltimore Ravens (1)
t-1. Green Bay Packers (1)
t-1. New York Giants (1)

Conference Championships
t-1. New England Patriots (2)
t-1. Seattle Seahawks (2)
t-3. Baltimore Ravens (1)
t-3. Green Bay Packers (1)
t-3 New York Giants (1)

Conference Championship Game Appearances
1. New England Patriots (4)
t2. Seattle Seahawks (2)
t2. Baltimore Ravens (2)
t2. Green Bay Packers (2)
5. New York Giants (1)

Division Titles
1. New England Patriots (5)
2. Green Bay Packers (4)
3. Seattle Seahawks (3)
4. Baltimore Ravens (2)
5. New York Giants (1)

Playoff Wins
t1. New England Patriots (7)
t1. Baltimore Ravens (7)
t1. Seattle Seahawks (7)
4. Green Bay Packers (6)
5. New York Giants (4)

Playoff Appearances
t1. New England Patriots (5)
t1 Green Bay Packers (5)
t3. Baltimore Ravens (4)
t3. Seattle Seahawks (4)
5. New York Giants (1)

Regular Season Record
1. New England Patriots (63-17, .788)
2. Green Bay Packers (56-23-1, .706)
3. Baltimore Ravens (52-28, .650)
4. Seattle Seahawks (50-30, .600)
5. New York Giants (41-39, .513)

Point Differential
1. New England Patriots (+863, avg season +173, avg game +10.8)
2. Green Bay Packers (+573, avg season +115, avg game +7.2)
3. Seattle Seahawks (+402, avg season +80, avg game +5.0)
4. Baltimore Ravens (+328, avg season +66, avg game +4.1)
5. New York Giants (+17, avg season +3, avg game +0.2)

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 1, 2015 - talking about moderation
Hidden by Nadine, March 1, 2015 - talking about moderation

I get a warning for "baiting" and I am just curious as to what this is? Is there a relation to gloating in a Colts forum and "baiting"? The mods might as well do away with the NFL general section because all it has become is a thread for the larger part of the Patriots fans to enter to stir the pot so to say. It's sad that all Patriot related issues don't have a thread all of their own. That way the Patriot fans could do their gloating, bragging and flexing in their own section. There is a very long list of ex-Colt fans who used to be here and have chosen to leave. I have no clue as to how many are on the list but it very extensive. Sad, but true.

The fact that Pats fans still feel the need to justify these things say more about how inaccurate it all is than it does any good for them.

Yup.

Don't get me wrong I respect how good they and with a great QB the Patiots will continue to be good. Argument is that the way they did it is a joke. Oh well those years will always be tarnished.

I would say the Pats so far are the team of the past 15 years. 

They are now up there with the 70's Steelers and 80's 49ers. 

There is still 6 more years to go with this decade. 

The responses in this thread were predictable from the first post. Why do you guys let this stuff get to you so easily??? 

The Patriots were the team of the decade in the 2000's, and now into the 2nd decade from 2010+ it looks like they're still the team of the new decade..

The greatest run in NFL history.

Super Bowl Victories

t-1. New England Patriots (1)

t-1. Seattle Seahawks (1)

t-1. Baltimore Ravens (1)

t-1. Green Bay Packers (1)

t-1. New York Giants (1)

Conference Championships

t-1. New England Patriots (2)

t-1. Seattle Seahawks (2)

t-3. Baltimore Ravens (1)

t-3. Green Bay Packers (1)

t-3 New York Giants (1)

Conference Championship Game Appearances

1. New England Patriots (4)

t2. Seattle Seahawks (2)

t2. Baltimore Ravens (2)

t2. Green Bay Packers (2)

5. New York Giants (1)

Division Titles

1. New England Patriots (5)

2. Green Bay Packers (4)

3. Seattle Seahawks (3)

4. Baltimore Ravens (2)

5. New York Giants (1)

Playoff Wins

t1. New England Patriots (7)

t1. Baltimore Ravens (7)

t1. Seattle Seahawks (7)

4. Green Bay Packers (6)

5. New York Giants (4)

Playoff Appearances

t1. New England Patriots (5)

t1 Green Bay Packers (5)

t3. Baltimore Ravens (4)

t3. Seattle Seahawks (4)

5. New York Giants (1)

Regular Season Record

1. New England Patriots (63-17, .788)

2. Green Bay Packers (56-23-1, .706)

3. Baltimore Ravens (52-28, .650)

4. Seattle Seahawks (50-30, .600)

5. New York Giants (41-39, .513)

Point Differential

1. New England Patriots (+863, avg season +173, avg game +10.8)

2. Green Bay Packers (+573, avg season +115, avg game +7.2)

3. Seattle Seahawks (+402, avg season +80, avg game +5.0)

4. Baltimore Ravens (+328, avg season +66, avg game +4.1)

5. New York Giants (+17, avg season +3, avg game +0.2)

And according to Roger Goodell the cheating has been going on for a decade for as long as Belicheck has been the coach .

I have the link from the oct 12 2014 article from the NY Post - or just google Spygate ..

The filming was fairly straightforward — a staffer pointed a camera at an opposing team’s coaches from across the field. And it had gone on for nearly a decade — since Belichick took over the Pats in 2000, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell later revealed.

It was so obvious, the Pats were busted several times before Spygate erupted, including a year earlier, during a 35-0 thrashing of Green Bay.

The Packers spotted Pats video assistant Matt Estrella — who was also shooting the video during the Jets game the next season — shooting unauthorized video from the sidelines. He was asked to leave — then was spotted doing it from a tunnel, which got him booted from Lambeau Field.

“From what I can remember, he had quite a fit when we took him out,” Packers President Bob Harlan said.

When the Lions played the Pats in Foxboro in 2006, the same thing happened, Sports ­Illustrated reported.

“ ‘There’s a camera pointed right at our defensive coach making his calls. Is that allowed?’ a Lions employee asked in a call to the NFL booth. No, it certainly was not. So the videotaper was stopped. Then after a while he began again,” the magazine reported at the time.

But it wasn’t just a matter of filming opposing team’s coaches — it was also how that information was allegedly passed to Brady.

As the scandal broke, the NFL was investigating a possible violation into the number of radio frequencies the Patriots were using during the Jets game, sources told ESPN’s Chris Mortensen, who reported at the time that the Pats did not “have a satisfactory explanation when asked about possible irregularities in its communication setup during the game.”

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 1, 2015 - talking about moderation
Hidden by Nadine, March 1, 2015 - talking about moderation

I get a warning for "baiting" and I am just curious as to what this is? Is there a relation to gloating in a Colts forum and "baiting"? The mods might as well do away with the NFL general section because all it has become is a thread for the larger part of the Patriots fans to enter to stir the pot so to say. It's sad that all Patriot related issues don't have a thread all of their own. That way the Patriot fans could do their gloating, bragging and flexing in their own section. There is a very long list of ex-Colt fans who used to be here and have chosen to leave. I have no clue as to how many are on the list but it very extensive. Sad, but true.

2 threads today deleted because they spoke about cheating  the hoodie admiting he filmed other teams was deleted the other Roger Goodell admitting The Patriots have been cheating as long as he has been the coach in New England .

The mods chose to delete these to settle down the patriots - colts stuff , this is unbelievable censorship .

I would say the Pats so far are the team of the past 15 years. 

They are now up there with the 70's Steelers and 80's 49ers. 

There is still 6 more years to go with this decade. 

The responses in this thread were predictable from the first post. Why do you guys let this stuff get to you so easily??? 

It's simple Bogie. This is a Colts forum. I know we have a NFL general section that has turned into a Patriot thread and it is understandable why it rubs Colt fans the wrong way with the non-stop gloating, bragging and flexing. Try anything like that in the Patriots forum and see how fast you will get booted. Matter of fact I was not allowed in the Patriots forum because I have am a Colt fan.

Do we want to discuss how the Patriots are the only team in 25 years to avg 75 plays per fumble ?

Or that this only occurred after the Patriots lobbied the NFL for a rule change ?  06 -07  After they started supplying there own balls did they start this miraculous run of ball control ?

Team of the decade ? 

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/deflated-footballs-could-explain-the-patriots-history-of-inexplicably-low-fumble-numbers/

Until today I did not realize Bill Belicheck had admitted filming other teams .

http://nypost.com/2015/01/24/in-stunner-belichick-cops-to-spygate-with-a-caveat/

Time....and a fat TMZ check...will sooner or later, reveal more details behind this stuff if there are any. Asterisks are an open-ended thing and can be added at any time.

But considering Goodell's part and that he destroyed Spygate tapes...I've always felt it added irony to his resemblance to phony/fake/fixed WWF rasslin' announcer/charlatan, Lord Alfred Hayes...

LordAlfredHayes001.jpggoodell_roger_bowl_ap_400.jpg

I get a warning for "baiting" and I am just curious as to what this is? Is there a relation to gloating in a Colts forum and "baiting"? The mods might as well do away with the NFL general section because all it has become is a thread for the larger part of the Patriots fans to enter to stir the pot so to say. It's sad that all Patriot related issues don't have a thread all of their own. That way the Patriot fans could do their gloating, bragging and flexing in their own section. There is a very long list of ex-Colt fans who used to be here and have chosen to leave. I have no clue as to how many are on the list but it very extensive. Sad, but true.

And I know Colt fans who have left here and post almost exclusively on PP.

Well really it's a list of facts. The fact you choose to take it as gloating is your choice. Why not add to the conversation.

Like is the cap really parity? Lets list a 2nd tier of the decade and see if there is a semblance of parity. That is far more interesting than whining.

If none of that works for you- move on to the next topic. Its not a big deal.

However the topic will get locked fast if the bickering continues

Time....and a fat TMZ check...will sooner or later, reveal more details behind this stuff if there are any. Asterisks are an open-ended thing and can be added at any time.

But considering Goodell's part and that he destroyed Spygate tapes...I've always felt it added irony to his resemblance to phony/fake/fixed WWF rasslin' announcer/charlatan, Lord Alfred Hayes...

LordAlfredHayes001.jpggoodell_roger_bowl_ap_400.jpg

The Commish is an enabler & in the pocket of Kraft is what I believe the more I read .

I googled the biggest cheaters Belichick was number 2  - The biggest cheaters in sports history Barry Bonds was 1 .

This all sounds really fishy when you look back at the many different issues over the years & Goodell admitting his awareness makes it that much worse .

And I know Colt fans who have left here and post almost exclusively on PP.

You can bet the list is a very short one compared to the loss of the Colt fans who left this thread because of the over abundance of Patriot fans who come into this forum just to stir the pot as I call it.

Posted · Hidden by -JJ-, February 28, 2015 - questioning moderation
Hidden by -JJ-, February 28, 2015 - questioning moderation

Well really it's a list of facts. The fact you choose to take it as gloating is your choice. Why not add to the conversation.

Like is the cap really parity? Lets list a 2nd tier of the decade and see if there is a semblance of parity. That is far more interesting than whining.

Bickering ?  That would be the Patriot thread that went on for appro 35 pages . This is not that .

IMO you folks need to warn people who deserve warning's & not delete threads or lock them down simply because someones feelings could be hurt .

censorship sucks

You can bet the list is a very short one compared to the loss of the Colt fans who left this thread because of the over abundance of Patriot fans who come into this forum just to stir the pot as I call it.

And you are right Dude

We all know this this is a game & if your getting warned there winning ignore the ignorance .

Posted · Hidden by Superman, March 2, 2015 - discussing moderation
Hidden by Superman, March 2, 2015 - discussing moderation

Really? I guess my comment must be hard to comprehend on why Colt forum members have dwindled over the coarse of time. Just look at the numbers we have in the members list and the actual active member participation numbers. You are a mod and it seems like some of you are so protective of Patriot fans that this being a Colt forum is totally forgotten. Other teams forums do not allow non fan members to stir the pot as I call it. We have some fantastic Colt fans who inter this forum and it is quite understandable why some feel the way they do. Your answer to this is to move along. With the passion of most Colt fans in this forum it is human nature to defend your team when it is disrespected by some Patriot fans who have pre determined exactly how to word their comments without getting booted. I and a lot of other members are not blind to these facts.

Well lets take the topic at hand. Lets substitute another team with those stats. Do you suggest stats showing a team of decade should not be allowed? Unless of course its colts. Patriot fans like any fan who break rules get warnings.

Fans leaving because of what? Count the number of patriot fans here. People leave for many reasons and others join yet you pretend to know why?

Why can't a topic be discussed intelligently?  I'd be really curious to see how parity is or isn't the reason.

Posted · Hidden by Superman, March 2, 2015 - discussing a member of this site
Hidden by Superman, March 2, 2015 - discussing a member of this site

Never mind that Jaric has been here for over a decade, eh?

apparently he isn't here anymore according to you. So that comment isn't accurate

Posted · Hidden by Superman, March 2, 2015 - quoting hidden post
Hidden by Superman, March 2, 2015 - quoting hidden post

Really? I guess my comment must be hard to comprehend on why Colt forum members have dwindled over the coarse of time. Just look at the numbers we have in the members list and the actual active member participation numbers. You are a mod and it seems like some of you are so protective of Patriot fans that this being a Colt forum is totally forgotten. Other teams forums do not allow non fan members to stir the pot as I call it. We have some fantastic Colt fans who inter this forum and it is quite understandable why some feel the way they do. Your answer to this is to move along. With the passion of most Colt fans in this forum it is human nature to defend your team when it is disrespected by some Patriot fans who have pre determined exactly how to word their comments without getting booted. I and a lot of other members are not blind to these facts.

We have both had our say if any are ready to debate the issues they can quote use . Hopefully this thread does'nt get locked although I'm sure it will after what I'v seen today  .

These Patriot fans are who you thought they are & are not interested in any debate ,

The links I'v provided are interesting & provide info that this Colts fan did not have it is my hope others who have not had the opportunity get the chance to read them .

I'm moving on ... :thmup: :thmup:   Simply put the team of the decade is best viewed without rose colored glasses .

The Commish is an enabler & in the pocket of Kraft is what I believe the more I read .

I googled the biggest cheaters Belichick was number 2  - The biggest cheaters in sports history Barry Bonds was 1 .

This all sounds really fishy when you look back at the many different issues over the years & Goodell admitting his awareness makes it that much worse .

The thing I feel the most aggregavated about is the NFL with it's employer-employee policy. In most all businesses it is against the rules to fraternize together. It does cause alarm when the owners are seen golfing, partying and being friends with Goodell. We all know Goodell is a very well paid employee who was hired to be the face of the owners. He is paid to take the heat and do their talking for them. With that in mind it is very hard to believe that Goodell makes any decisions on his own. It's hard to come down on your buddy when he is paying you and risk losing your big money job if you don't act how you are expected to.

Well lets take the topic at hand. Lets substitute another team with those stats. Do you suggest stats showing a team of decade should not be allowed? Unless of course its colts. Patriot fans like any fan who break rules get warnings.

Fans leaving because of what? Count the number of patriot fans here. People leave for many reasons and others join yet you pretend to know why?

Why can't a topic be discussed intelligently?  I'd be really curious to see how parity is or isn't the reason.

My my, you have become good at exactly what some of the Patriot fans do. Deflect the issues? lol I get your point but you don't seem to get mine so I will let it go and move on before I get into more trouble.

Posted · Hidden by Superman, March 2, 2015 - personal shot
Hidden by Superman, March 2, 2015 - personal shot

Or because you're baiting and don't even know what Spygate was.

Patriot Troll   The Spygate link shows a pattern that Roger Goodell stats in a Oct 12 2014 NY Post article , The filming of Jets practice & many others for many years .

I did'nt but I know how to read try it before you TROLL me again . Read the links then get back with me if you don't understand written english .

Says the guy who thinks that a website that claims the Patriots recorded a Jets practice is accurate

Heres an excerpt ...

Before the start of the football season, Cary Williams, a veteran cornerback for the Philadelphia Eagles, reminded the sports world about a scandal the NFL would prefer people forget.

“One fact still remains: They haven’t won a Super Bowl since they got caught. They are cheaters,” Williams said in August.

He was referring to Spygate, when the New England Patriots were busted for illegally videotaping the Jets’ defensive signals during the first game of the 2007 season.