Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Updated Pre-Free Agency Draft

For free agency, we bring back the obvious players such as Mike Adams, Darius Butler, Sergio Brown, Joe Reitz, etc.

Indy signs free agents...

OG Clint Boling (Starter)

NT Dan Williams (Starter)

OLB Tamba Hali (Starter)

SS DaNorris Searcy (Starter)

RB Frank Gore (Starter)

Cuts...

-SSLB Erik Walden (With the signing of Hali, he is not needed at the amount he is making, could be brought back at lower cost for depth)

-OG Donald Thomas

-RB Trent Richardson

Draft...

Round 1 Pick 29: Arik Armstead, DE, Oregon (Starter, takes place of RJF)
Round 2 Pick 29: Jake Fisher, OT, Oregon (2016 starter at RT, great depth pick for 2015)
Round 4 Pick 3 (OAK): Stephone Anthony, ILB Clemson (Really like this guy, starter in 2016)
Round 4 Pick 29: Justin Hardy, WR, East Carolina (Can step in 4th WR role right away)
Round 5 Pick 4 (OAK): Jeremy Langford, RB, Michigan State (Great backup to share carries with Gore)
Round 5 Pick 29: JaCorey Shepherd, CB, Kansas (Potential steal and insurance for injuries at CB)
Round 6 Pick 29: Sean Hickey, OT, Syracuse (Great depth pick on OL)
Round 6 Pick 31: Josh Robinson, RB, Mississippi St. (Depth at RB)
Round 7 Pick 28: Tony Washington, OLB, Oregon (Depth at OLB)

If Fisher is there at 61 I will be suprised. Could happen though but I doubt it.

Really like Searcy. My favorite safety in FA after McCourtey.

Fisher and AA will both likely be gone.

A guy in the second I'd like is Poutasi. Would start at guard and could be the RT for the future.

Pass on Gore

I'd be shocked if Anthony is available in the 4th

And no to cutting Walden. Mathis isn't a sure thing and Werner stinks.

So we're gonna carry 3 quality SSLBs? Werner will improve. He's just not cut out for the Mathis role as a OLB. You don't need Hali, Werner, AND Walden at the same position.

And yes Stephone Anthony could very well be there early 4th round.

We are not cutting Walden.

... you just couldn't help yourself, had to add in that trade didn't you??   haha

Yes because if I'm betting on the Colts not trading at all during the draft vs. making a trade, I'll bet on the 2nd option. Grigson likes to wheel and deal more than Polian ever did.

Yes because if I'm betting on the Colts not trading at all during the draft vs. making a trade, I'll bet on the 2nd option. Grigson likes to wheel and deal more than Polian ever did.

I agree about Grigson vs Polian, and I love the idea of trading down in drafts ... I was praying we would the year we drafted Werner ... unfortunately it seems Grigson likes to move up for players he feels dropped rather than trading back. 

I like it except for Gore. The Colts could use a really good CB to compete with Toler. For RB, I look forward for Demps to play. I also like Boise State's  RB Jay Ajayi and bring back Herron.

I'm hoping Demps can make it as a return man. He ran a 4.26, so if he can hang onto the ball then we'd have a weapon in the return game. We'd have to carry 4 RB's but that'd be fine IMO. But welcome to the board man.

So we're gonna carry 3 quality SSLBs? Werner will improve. He's just not cut out for the Mathis role as a OLB. You don't need Hali, Werner, AND Walden at the same position.

And yes Stephone Anthony could very well be there early 4th round.

yes.....although counting Werner as a quality anything is a stretch.

If Anthony makes it out of the 2nd I would be surprised, but u never know.