Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

3 team trade coming...

Colts, Philly, Titans

Eagles and Titans swap 2015 first round picks. Titans get Foles and Phillys 2016 first round pick.

Colts send TRich and 2015 first round pick to the Titans. Colts get Shady McCoy.

Eagles get 2nd overall pick 2015 and take Mariotta.

Book 'em, Danno.. :thmup:

Colts, Philly, Titans

Eagles and Titans swap 2015 first round picks. Titans get Foles and Phillys 2016 first round pick.

Colts send TRich and 2015 first round pick to the Titans. Colts get Shady McCoy.

Yikes.

LOL. Aside from the fact it will never happen, I dont like it personally. We could just sign Murray or AP in FA and keep our 1st. Or we could do what I hope we do, which is draft a stud defensive player in the 1st, then Tevin Coleman in the 2nd. I did say the other day though that I kind of expect Grigs to take a look at Murray btw.

Worst trade for who? Us? How so?

We get a top 5 running Back in his prime for the 29th overall pick and get rid of a total bust. I'd say we win!!

Problem is spending a 1st round pick on a RB with a huge contract, but does nothing address the main problem with our running game ... the OL or our other major priority the DL.  It would be a horrible trade for us. 

Colts, Philly, Titans

Colts, Philly, Titans

I would throw up if we gave up a 1st for another RB.

Colts, Philly, Titans

Why do you think TRich has any trade value?

Colts, Philly, Titans

Eagles get hosed.

Titans make out like bandits.

We get Marshall Faulk 2.0 for a failed player and a virtual 2nd round pick.

McCoy would make our o-line look like all pros. The only reason I would oppose this trade is because it would make the Titans more competitive.

he's one of the best RBs in the NFL I wouldn't want this trade but to downgrade Shady McCoy is laughable

He carries the football down towards his knee and a few feet away from his body. I've seen him looked average in a bunch of games for Philly last year.. And they apparently have a decent offensive line. I know they had their share of injuries, but I'm just not a fan of McCoy. Give him AP all day.

LOL. Aside from the fact it will never happen, I dont like it personally. We could just sign Murray or AP in FA and keep our 1st. Or we could do what I hope we do, which is draft a stud defensive player in the 1st, then Tevin Coleman in the 2nd. I did say the other day though that I kind of expect Grigs to take a look at Murray btw.

If he is serious about money he needs to do the Luck and Hilton contracts first. That'll give you a good idea of how much Murray should get. But I expect him to just draft a RB.

Colts, Philly, Titans

This is so bad its not even funny. So Foles is worth moving back...what is it... 18 spots AND a 2016 first round pick? Preposterous!

Then the Colts get to send away the running back we used a first round pick on with ANOTHER first round pick for a player coming off his worst season and a big cap hit? All of this on the heels of having to sign the most important players on our roster? Double preposterous!

All the Titans had to do was move back 18 spots and they get another first rounder this year and an additional one next year PLUS a RB who is still on his rookie contract.

Triple preposterous.

I now leave you with a quote from Wedding Crashers...

"It's the first quarter of the big game and you wanna toss up a hail mary? I'd like to be pimps from Oakland or cowboys from Arizona but it's not Halloween. Grow up, Peter Pan! Count Chocula! Look, we've been to a million weddings and you know what? We've rocked them all."

Or he is on the new pill called "NoSenseitol"

This whole scenario is based on info being leaked in the media. My take was this:

Eagles want to move up to 2 to get Mariotta. Titans want a lot. So Philly was willing to give up Foles and McCoy and next years first to do this. Titans though want more and really doesn't want McCoy as they really do like sanky for whatever reason, so the Colts jump in. Colts want/need a back. Philly doesn't want McCoy at current deal he has. we would take McCoy and eventually restructure, but in order to make this happen we need to send our first to the Titans. titans (a team in rebuild) now gets a starting QB in Foles, 2 number one picks this year and a 1 next year. we also ship TRich as part of the deal in order to avoid NFLPA action based on tRich girlfriend preggo stuff and Titans agree as all they want is an additional 1st round pick. If TRich workds for them so be it, if not no biggie. TRichs salary is manageable.

That's my thinking of why this would work. Ultimately we are getting rid of a headache and gaining a great RB who just may need a change of scenery at this point. An RB who knows Griggs and wouldn't cost us as much as a Murray or AP

Has there ever been a three team trade in the history of the NFL?

I remember this one from a few years ago... http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/19/three-way-trade-sends-tony-scheffler-to-detroit-ernie-sims-to-philly/

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports on a three-way trade between the Eagles, Broncos, and Lions. Linebacker Ernie Sims will land in Philadelphia, while tight end Tony Scheffler goes to the Lions.

PFT’s Mike Florio reports that the Broncos will get a fifth-round pick from the Eagles. Denver will send a seventh-round pick to the Lions.

I think little ones like this happen every once in a while but I can't think of any blockbusters.