Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RUMOR: Colts eyeing trades for vet WRs, Brandon Marshall among one of the WRs.

NBColtsFanatic

Really...

Following too closely?

There was marijuana in the car, but it's impossible to know that until he's pulled over. All I'm saying is that following too closely is a weak reason to pull someone over on the freeway. Driving recklessly, speeding, etc., would seem more appropriate. Following too closely seems like a weak reason. And it sounds like what I've been told or have heard others were told when they were pulled over on specious grounds.

Yes, really. It seems like this is more about your own personal experiences rather than this situation.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, what makes me suspicious is the whole "following too closely" thing. Just seems like a flimsy reason to pull someone over on the freeway.

They need to pull over for "following too closely" more often IMO.    I guess I consider following too closely on the freeway as reckless driving.

Yes, really. It seems like this is more about your own personal experiences than this situation.

Ehh...

Yeah, I think my perspective on most things is somewhat flavored by my personal experiences. I think that's true of anyone.

But what little we know about the situation is that he was pulled over for following too closely, but not cited for following too closely. If his following too closely was enough reason to pull him over, why wasn't he cited for it?

Then they found weed in the car. But he wasn't charged with being under the influence. All told, it doesn't sound like anything was burning at the time of the stop, or that anything had been burning. If so, he probably would have been hit with DUI/DWI.

Also, just because a person has personal experiences doesn't mean their perspective is invalid. "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me." 

To be honest, if he was pulled over for speeding, there'd be no comment from me.

Ehh...

Yeah, I think my perspective on most things is somewhat flavored by my personal experiences. I think that's true of anyone.

But what little we know about the situation is that he was pulled over for following too closely, but not cited for following too closely. If his following too closely was enough reason to pull him over, why wasn't he cited for it?

Then they found weed in the car. But he wasn't charged with being under the influence. All told, it doesn't sound like anything was burning at the time of the stop, or that anything had been burning. If so, he probably would have been hit with DUI/DWI.

Also, just because a person has personal experiences doesn't mean their perspective is invalid. "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me."

To be honest, if he was pulled over for speeding, there'd be no comment from me.

In that case, I'll send out a memo informing officers to pull "DWB" canidates over for speeding rather than "following too closely" for now on.

I love Dez but I also like 1st round picks and not giving Dez a huge contract.

If a garbage team like Oakland offered two 1st rounders, I would be all over that.

Isn't the purpose of first round picks to get players like Dez? 

Is the objection to the contract, or is it to giving Dez a bunch of guaranteed money?

Isn't the purpose of first round picks to get players like Dez? 

Is the objection to the contract, or is it to giving Dez a bunch of guaranteed money?

The reason I'm not super ready to give Dez a $100m contract is because Romo and Tyron already have $100m contracts, and eventually we'll have to resign our young OLinemen. 

We can also use the money saved to improve the defense and sign a player like Hardy. 

The reason I'm not super ready to give Dez a $100m contract is because Romo and Tyron already have $100m contracts, and eventually we'll have to resign our young OLinemen.

We can also use the money saved to improve the defense and sign a player like Hardy.

An old Romo and Witten, no Dez or Murray. Sounds like a Jerry Jones plan to me.

That's reasonable. He is a receiver, after all. I don't know what his demands are, but I get not wanting to drop major coin on him.

I'm thinking Romo will be restructuring with a lower salary at some point soon. And your young linemen are all interior linemen. If you want to do something in free agency, something has to give. 

But I hardly think the Colts are gonna be barking up the Dez Bryant tree any time soon.

If you had Jay cutler as your qb you would have an attitude too. I mean seriously you guys can be so picky at times.The guy wants to win and he is passionate about the game he loves. What is so wrong with that??????! He's not as bad as he was a few years ago.I would love to have marshall on the team, HUGE upgrade over anything we have at WR now aside from hilton. Most of You guys were against Murray,Gore,Peterson,McPhee,Suh, Now marshall. And funny thing is all of those options are huge upgrades over anything we have now on offense or defense.

I personally would love SUH, bush, McPhee (as long as we dont over pay for for him) Marshall to me is just another TO. no thanks

Lets wait till Johnson is cut please. I'll take Johnson over Marshall any day. Johnson has been hampered by qbs and he mentally checked out. He still kills the Colts. He'd beast w/ Luck and would be motivated to stick it to O'brien

Might be the funniest name/avi combo I've seen on this forum.

No to Johnson though!

U wouldn't sign him if he's cut? Why?

Well I wouldn't trade for him. But if the Colts could bring him on a low-cost deal I would do it. The problem is, some team like the Dolphins will throw him a fat check even though he's starting to become injury prone and is older in age. He's to the point where Reggie was about a season or two ago.