Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RUMOR: Colts eyeing trades for vet WRs, Brandon Marshall among one of the WRs.

NBColtsFanatic

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't it last year that we were supposed to be interested in getting Larry Fitzgerald. People are always mocking different trades to the Colts because we are one of the teams with a lot of cap space and lacking play makers because we're a rebuilding team with an elite QB. Notice how there have been rumors of us trading for or signing most of the big name possible FA's? Peterson, Murray, Marshall, Suh, Fairley,etc...

Wasn't it last year that we were supposed to be interested in getting Larry Fitzgerald. People are always mocking different trades to the Colts because we are one of the teams with a lot of cap space and lacking play makers because we're a rebuilding team with an elite QB. Notice how there have been rumors of us trading for or signing most of the big name possible FA's? Peterson, Murray, Marshall, Suh, Fairley,etc...

No. That was hope among fans. NEVER did a source actually say that the Colts were looking into Fitzgerald.

I don't pay much attention to these things. I prefer to wait till a deal is done before saying too much. I have learned that rumors are just that, rumors.

It's hard to say . . . a rumor might be true that we are pursuing a trade or a FA.  Just because that trade doesn't occur or that FA isn't signed doesn't mean the rumor wasn't true. . . the deal just didn't work out.  

I

I'd send a 6th out for Brandon Marshall. That's all. I'd much rather wait it out.... Honestly I think there's no way he stays in Chicago and don't think anyone trades for him. If he's released I think Indy would be one of his most intriguing landing spots.

Hmmmmmm all these rumors are making my head spin....

All that hype was the Patriots trying to get Fitzgerald. I don't think the Colts wanted him except for fans here on this board.

Come on now, We could not even get Marshalls jock strap for a 6th round pick :funny: .

Maybe a used one.

Anyone know his contract number?  I have to assume he already got his bonus, so does it have to be prorated in with his cap number?

He's definitely a play maker.  As long as we have a line that can keep Luck upright long enough for him to get the ball to him.

I watched A Football Life about Marshall.  He found out his disorder, turned his life around and he and his wife travel speaking on the disorder.  I would love to have him because he is a true difference maker.  

He truly seems like a mature, stand up guy.  I know he donates $1M to his charity.

I read that his 2015 contract guarantees on 3/12.

Right now he's due $7.5M base.  I'm not sure if we'd be responsible for his bonus or if that's on the Bears since they already paid him.

I watched A Football Life about Marshall. He found out his disorder, turned his life around and he and his wife travel speaking on the disorder. I would love to have him because he is a true difference maker.

I absolutely love what Marshall has done off the field after learning of and seeking treatment for his mental illness. With a reasonable asking price and contract, I'd be all for it.

If we can restructure his contract I wouldn't be opposed. Guy plays hard every week. He isn't the top talent he was before but he certainly would be a great target for Luck. With TY keeping safeties busy over the top it should open up Marshall on all those routes Reggie used to run. He is a really good receiver starting the decline of his career...being paid what he is I don't know if that is equal value to his contract but if we can get him at a decent figure he is a quality player.

Why are some of you wanting Andre Johnson? You realize he and Reggie (abet I love Reggie) are on the same career trajectory right? And let me tell you, it's not up.

At this point, Brandon Marshall would be the least of our worries in terms of behavioral-related issues. The Colts have LB's punching pizza boys and RB's hitting the blunt to worry about.

The Colts need to make a big splash while they still have the money available to do so. You never know how long your window will be open.