Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bostick received death threats

RockThatBlue

Just some extremely over emotional people behind a keyboard, With that said I'd get the police to try tracing the accounts and pressing charges to every last one that issued a death threat, It wont happen but some authority has to come down hard on those people to send a message that death threats will not be tolerated and will be dealt with seriously regardless of how the death threat was made or who the source of the threat came from

Death threats sadly come with the territory and I am only surprised there aren't even more of them.  I have received death threats from known unbalanced individuals and I have in fact turned them over to the police.  Often they do nothing, but in one instance, an associate of mine got several city specific threats (as in "when you come to this town, I will be there to kill you").  He hired Private Investigators and Security because the guy was so adamant and went to the town with protection.  The day of the event, his PI calls him to explain he didn't need to worry.  The guy making the death threats had killed himself in his apartment, but on his table were tickets to the event along with the 5 guns he had, one of which he used to shoot himself.  Since then I take ALL such threats 100% seriously.  Anyone else should as well.  I feel sorry for the guy.  That onside kick was hardly the reason they lost, it was simply one play of many plays that did.  And even if it WAS the sole reason, he hardly deserved the punishment.  They certainly didn't punish all the other players who contributed to the loss.  

There's a lot of money involved in the NFL. Not saying death threats are okay, just some people get really angry losing thousands of dollars on a fluke. It's their own fault though.

something else to think about when pro sports leagues talk about legalizing gambling

something else to think about when pro sports leagues talk about legalizing gambling

I agree!!!!!  When they do, we'll know for sure that games appearing to be fixed likely are, points seeming to be shaved, probably are.  I have never understood WHY a team needed to give injury report information out to decrease gambling issues they would otherwise have and my thought was who gives a crap if it screws gamblers over? And now they worry about Fantasy Football.  I play for fun, but seriously don't need the teams to help keep gambling fair.  It's mostly illegal gambling! The NBA has already been busted for game/point fixing in the official scandal and watch nearly any game and a case can be made that one team or the other is getting royally screwed! The NFL is often the same.