Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts meetings with draft prospects (merge)

Two confirmed so far. Try to add the rest here if/when you come across them. Just as a reference, not discussion about particular players. Thanks.

@PatDStat: Jeremiah Poutasi OL Utah, has talked with the #Lions, #Texans and #Colts. Has a meeting set up with the #Chiefs on Wednesday.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2015/02/18/will-colts-address-offensive-line-offseason/23636093/

The draft creates some opportunities to acquire talent at center. Reese Dismukes of Auburn and Hroniss Grasu of Oregon are two of the best. (Dismukes said he's already had a meeting with the Colts.)

One of the top rated centers in the draft, has a 2/3 grade in some places. I like him. He's strong, mobile, seems aware, can get to the second level, can turn interior linemen to create running lanes. Doesn't mean we will or should draft him. 

http://coltsauthority.com/2014-articles/colts-prospect-meeting-database.html

Jeremiah Poutasi, OT, Utah http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/jeremiah-poutasi?id=2552590
Reese Dismukes, C, Auburn http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/reese-dismukes?id=2552248
Tevin Coleman, RB, Indiana http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/tevin-coleman?id=2552453

Duke Johnson, RB, Miami http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/duke-johnson?id=2552461

(needs source) Ameer Abdullah, RB, Nebraska http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/ameer-abdullah?id=2552374

Dres Anderson, WR, Utah http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/dres-anderson?id=2552413

Landon Collins, S, Alabama

Gerod Holliman, S, Louisville

Derron Smith, S, Fresno State

Doran Grant, CB, Ohio State

Danny Shelton, DT, Washington

Preston Smith, Edge, Mississippi State

Edited by Superman

I try to be interested in the players at the combine but keeping track is kind of hard to do. I don't get my hopes up for any player or players because it makes no difference. Grigson will have is board made up no matter what my thoughts are on it. I know it's off season and we need things to keep our Colt fix going but I will wait till after the draft to see who the Colts have picked. I am not much on making my mind up on draft picks till year 2 or 3. Getting bent out of shape over draft picks does me no good.

I try to be interested in the players at the combine but keeping track is kind of hard to do. I don't get my hopes up for any player or players because it makes no difference. Grigson will have is board made up no matter what my thoughts are on it. I know it's off season and we need things to keep our Colt fix going but I will wait till after the draft to see who the Colts have picked. I am not much on making my mind up on draft picks till year 2 or 3. Getting bent out of shape over draft picks does me no good.

I understand what you're saying, but there's a world of difference between getting bent out of shape over the Combine, and enjoying it for what it is. To me, it's not just filler, I actually like the pre-draft process. It's kind of weird, but I like the minutiae of the offseason, even if I wish it would all go by more quickly. So it's kind of exciting to know who the team is meeting with, whose pro days they're going to, etc. You're right, it probably doesn't matter, but I like it nonetheless.

• Like 2

I understand what you're saying, but there's a world of difference between getting bent out of shape over the Combine, and enjoying it for what it is. To me, it's not just filler, I actually like the pre-draft process. It's kind of weird, but I like the minutiae of the offseason, even if I wish it would all go by more quickly. So it's kind of exciting to know who the team is meeting with, whose pro days they're going to, etc. You're right, it probably doesn't matter, but I like it nonetheless.

That's cool. I just don't seem to find the time to take close looks at most of the players coming out. I do study and pay attention to the picks after the draft for sure. I guess what I am doing is preparing myself for the negative that comes from those who have a problem with whom ever Grigson takes. From some comments he knows zero about making picks and getting players for the Colts, even though history tells a different story. That is what is so aggravating sometimes. You can very well understand that more than most.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I try to be interested in the players at the combine but keeping track is kind of hard to do. I don't get my hopes up for any player or players because it makes no difference. Grigson will have is board made up no matter what my thoughts are on it. I know it's off season and we need things to keep our Colt fix going but I will wait till after the draft to see who the Colts have picked. I am not much on making my mind up on draft picks till year 2 or 3. Getting bent out of shape over draft picks does me no good.

So did it take you 2 or 3 years to make your mind up on Luck :)

That's cool. I just don't seem to find the time to take close looks at most of the players coming out. I do study and pay attention to the picks after the draft for sure. I guess what I am doing is preparing myself for the negative that comes from those who have a problem with whom ever Grigson takes. From some comments he knows zero about making picks and getting players for the Colts, even though history tells a different story. That is what is so aggravating sometimes. You can very well understand that more than most.

I'm with you...I don't have the time nor the care to follow it closely at all. I just wait for the draft and will always be fairly content whomever the colts select...I'm sure they know well better than I do that is for sure. Just frustrating only when you know we need certain player positions filled and then they take players we are already deep at you know ?

So did it take you 2 or 3 years to make your mind up on Luck :)

It would have done no good who I had my mind made up about. Grigson and Irsay are the ones who make those choices. The only comment I can say is I am glad Luck decided to finish he collage before coming out to the draft. He would have been the #1 pick for the Panthers. That would have been a tough choice at the time with Luck and Newton both coming out at the same time.

Ameer Abdullah is a solid runner but has major issues with fumbles. As a Nebraska fan enjoyed watching and the guy can make you miss and with juke moves. I would rather see the Colts target Michigan States RB instead. Overshadowed by other Big 10 players but still garnered more yards after initial contact and 100 yard games but has troubles running into his own players. Not sold on Indiana's RB...

Credit to @MyColtsAccount

http://l.b5z.net/i/u/10079302/f/Big_Board.pdf

Landon Collins, S, Alabama

Danny Shelton, DT. Washington

Eric Kendricks, ILB, UCLA

T.J. Clemmings, OT, Pitt

Duke Johnson, RB, Miami

Quentin Rollins, CB, Miami (OH)

Tevin Coleman, RB, Indiana

Ameer Abdullah, RB, Nebraska

Derron Smith, S, Fresno State

Stephone Anthony, ILB, Clemson

Steven Nelson, CB, Oregon St.

Damarious Randall, S, Arizona

Ty Sambrailo. OT, Colorado St.

Gabe Wright, DT, Auburn

Jamil Douglas, OG, Arizona

Gerod Holliman, S, Louisville

Jeremiah Poutasi, G/OT, Utah

Doran Grant, CB, Ohio State

Rakeem Nunez-Roches, DE, S. Miss

Blake Bell, TE, Oklahoma

Clayton Geathers, S, UCF

Chris Conley, WR, Georgia

Dres Anderson, WR, Utah

Lynden Trail, DE, Norfolk St

Reese Dismukes, C, Auburn

Justin Coleman, CB, Tennessee

Bryce Callahan, CB, Rice

Darren Waller, WR/TE, Georgia Tech

Cody Fajardo, QB, Nevada State

Detrick Bonner, S, Virgina State

Derrick Lott, DE, Chattanooga

Nick Marshall, CB/QB, Auburn

Brandon Bridge, QB, Southern Alabama

Dominique Brown, RB, Louisville

Junior Sylvestre, ILB, Toledo

Bobby McCain, CB, Memphis

They don't feel that way. Pagano mentioned Hughes, Kerr, Quarles, and Pendleton as talented players that could progress this season.

It would be a mistake to pass on a DL player if he were higher rated than say a S, CB, WR, ILB when it was the Colts pick. There are talented players on the DL this year so we shouldn't have the mentality to think we don't need to add to the DL.

Why aren't there more DLs on that list!?!? They need to use at least 2, maybe 3 picks on the defensive line!

Well....   there certainly won't be 3 draft picks used....   and I don't know why you think there would be?   The Colts have lots of other needs as well.

2 is possible,  but certainly not better than a 50-50 shot...

1 draft pick seems a lock.

But at the owners conference, Grigson expressed confidence in what we already have on the roster, including Kerr and Quarles and Hughes as guys who he expects to see much more from...

• Like 1

Darren Waller is on the list!

I would love for us to draft him and try him as a tight end. Maybe he cam become a Jimmy Graham II.

There are a lot of positions needed before a TE is drafted IMO. The Colts already have one of the best TE combinations in the NFL. Fleener, Allen and Doyle are good enough not to pick a TE in the draft.